Thinking about moving to Spain for living! any advice ?

kingkong

My future project that i planed few years ago starts to move from everywhere ( i am changing my life and location)   i had an idee for a location but i am still not fixed.        

And i am thinking about Spain now    but i know nothing else than what the tv information about the difficulties and recessments the spanish endure (the language does not matter )  i would like a place good to live near the beach and near commercial services

Normally i should pay a visit in this country but i have no time and i need to keep money as i am going to be unemployed (jobless).

if you have any advice please share it.

Italy a nice country i did not travel to the south of italy but it might be in concideration.

Scotland and Ireland i have already visited but i hate the weather. UK not better for the weather and i do not like the country (not the people).

no i do not know spanish yet but i have an advantage as i am living in france for now i can read spanish and understand ( it is just a matter for the ears to get use to ) latine language the same for italien.

well i am still open for suggestions with arguments my first choice was around ilelands like Nauru in the pacific or New zeland.

But Spain or Italie are good candidat for living (with everything around).

as i said in first language is not a probleme  and it add to the challenge, and seriously i anderstood creole after 2 days i have basics in spanish, italien i understand germain can not speek though "wenn der will den kann"  !

i just want to change everything ; envirement, language, people, life.   I AM NOT DOING IT FOR A GIRL  i just have enough and willing for new inspiration and nothing in my brain is impossible.

now "Costa blanca" seems nice Valencia why not.

If you haven't done so already I would look into other figures for the country you want to move to, like crime rate, exchange rate, what it's going to cost to live. These are important things you must consider before moving to another country, especially if it's going to be permanent.

My friend went through a stage of thinking about moving to Asia and he was looking at the following:

1. How hard it would be to get back from there, just in case things didn't work out <<< Most important thing you should consider
  2. Crime Rate
  3. Cost of living
  4. Average wages per job
  5. If the country has any problems, like terrorists acting up, hygiene problems etc. <<< This is one of the reasons my friend decided the Philippines was not a good option.
  6. How far away are you going to be from family and friends? Links in with number 1. This was another reason which stopped him.

those parametters are always in concideration crime rate and disease menagement are important freinds i will make anew for familly there is holidays as i concider the earth very small today and the major part of planing includes a failure (if something goes wrong what are the options? and never close permanently doors.)

the job i will make my own i do not need for much i am not going empty hands and no baggage.

(this is a part of low of the country i will need to look in the moment i will be fixed differnt country different rules)

and the sooner i will set my location virtualy the sooner i will get information about low, rules and habits.

Funny thing I considered myself to move to Spain before setting down in Asia.

Biggest problem for me was the economic situation which is quite bad all over Europe apart from Germany, but I would not have even considered living there (I crave for sun :D).

For me the main thing you have to look for is a place where you can consider yourself at home, no matter where, so the culture must match your own beliefs / habits.

In any case moving to a different country is a great experience and you will face many difficulties no matter where you decide to go, but thats also why it is interesting indeed.

Good luck to you and keep us posted :)

i am still in hesitation for a country  and talking about Asia the only country i can think about is Thailand and the only thing disturbing  is the loi for openning a business.

well i was hoping that some spanish people were connected to LL and give their point of view.

thank you for the information even if it is not precise it is very clear   i can imagine some of the problemes !

anyway my thread is not a succes and i realy need informations the kind that we get while we live in a place.

You can find interesting statistics here http://www.numbeo.com/common/

I live in (north) Italy so i can give you some informations about my country.

Good points are the weather, the food, the hospitality, the level of crime, the level of educational institutes, the level of health care, the landscapes, the achievements in private business, the "way of life".

Bad points are the taxes, the burocracy, the political incompetence, the corruption, the economical depression, the high prices for houses, the slowness of the judiciary sistem.

And yes, south Italy and north Italy are 2 different countries in many aspects.

How about Finland, or Australia? Finland is supposed to host quite a tolerant culture, as well as METAL MUSIC. Gets insanely cold, tho'.

Australia is warm, minimum wage is $20 (Australian). Whilst that does seem high, the cost of living is quite low (relative to the minimum wage earned) when compared to other countries. Did I mention that it's warm?

Ecuador could also be quite good. Always summer there.

How about Finland, or Australia? Finland is supposed to host quite a tolerant culture, as well as METAL MUSIC. Gets insanely cold, tho'.

Australia is warm, minimum wage is $20 (Australian). Whilst that does seem high, the cost of living is quite low (relative to the minimum wage earned) when compared to other countries. Did I mention that it's warm?

Ecuador could also be quite good. Always summer there.

I actually wanna check out New Zealand...

Archived