A Mod Idea: "Boston Stud"

To clarify, I'm an amateur writer, not a modder and I have no means to make any of these ideas a reality, so please don't get too excited if you like these ideas.  I don't expect anyone else to make use of these ideas either - nor am I going to beg people to make it. It's just out there now if anyone wants to use any part of this idea for themselves. Never played Fallout 76 by the way, so I have no idea if this conforms to that lore or not - I don't really consider it a 'true' title anyway.

I realised that the main story in Fallout 4, if modified slightly, would well allow for an expansion on the Breeder Virus and Zetan manipulation themes that we've learnt about in previous Breeder mods. The following pitch then is an attempt to add to the story element within Boston Breeder whilst also adding content for a male player character.

Premise: 

The Zetan civilisation has existed for millions of years and creates colonies on other planets that are not completely habitable by their race through careful genetic engineering, to merge themselves with the native fauna. When they first came across humans they were not entirely sure what to do, so watched carefully for hundreds of years to see how our civilisation would adapt. By the mid-2000s however, seeing human civilisation quickly consuming all of the planet's resources, the Zetans secretly released a virus onto the planet. This virus which humanity dubbed 'The New Plague' had a significant death toll, particularly among the frail and elderly and led to humanity adopting quarantines.

Attempts at creating a vaccine for this virus were made, but security services in the West eventually realised that the virus seemed to be of alien origin and was slowly mutating the DNA and RNA of both animal and plant life that it had come into contact with. They were expecting a full divergence of gene pools anywhere within 100 to 1000 generations. Many scientists began to speculate that this virus had remained dormant within ice sheets, and that global warming had released it into the environment. Some suspected that this virus, or others like it, were the actual source of evolution on earth and that it should be allowed to run it's course, but they were in the minority.

A vaccine was produced and patented by Macrosoft, but it's effects only slowed down the effects - to what extent nobody was sure.

Later on, West Tek - under supervision of the US Government, was asked to tamper with this virus in order to weaponise it against China resulting in the FEV. The FEV worked by speeding up the process already taking place within the New Plague by a factor of thousands. It also forced the mutation within DNA to create two additional pairs of chromosomes. A naturally occurring mutation of this out in the Wasteland has meant that in the event that two species interbreed, the ovum ends up creating an exact copy of either parent by bonding with itself, with a roughly 50/50 chance of either occuring.

When information was leaked surrounding the FEV, many across the globe blamed the US government for having created the original New Plague in the first place. China with it's highly urbanised city centres had suffered deaths significantly worse with the New Plague than most other nations, and their military losses in Alaska and across the Bering Sea had led to the first riots and protests in years. The Chinese population demanded retribution against America and two weeks after a new hardline government took over in Beijing, nukes were launched against America.

American scientists across multiple agencies, including Vault-Tek, had concluded that humanity was doomed anyway given the genetic damage done by the New Plague. A nuclear war was not the worst outcome, if it could act as a fire break and slow down the effects that were engulfing all life on earth. As such cables from US spies in Beijing had been deliberately cut to allow for a surprise attack. In reality the top-brass had known about an impending nuclear launch for a week beforehand. Vault Tek purposefully went out of their way to conduct a series of experiments aimed to educate the elite class for when civilisation returned. Those interred in Vaults such as 101 or 111, were to be used as genetic breeding 'stock' - specifically chosen for their genetic 'purity'. The war however proved to be far more devastating than anyone dreamed. and the original repopulation schemes were 

Unfortunately any hope for a fire-break were lost when the West Tek lab suffered a direct hit from a nuclear strike, meaning the FEV escaped into the environment. Since most humans already had previous exposure to the New Plague, it resulted in mutations mostly amongst the flora and fauna. Most in the Wasteland attribute the horrific mutations to radiation but whilst it accelerated the effects of the New Plague and the FEV - it was not the main cause. The radiation has also sterilised most men out in the Wasteland and the birth rates are slowly dwindling with time, way beyond replacement levels.

In the aftermath of all of this the Zetans continued to study the effects. In an attempt to save something from their experiment before the out of control mutations destroyed everything, they began to try a breeding campaign but it led to horrific abominations as seen in Mothership Zeta. 

Fallout 4:

The Institute uses Shaun's DNA to begin to recreate synths as he is the only living human being known to exist with no contact with the FEV or New Plague virus. Given that humanity only has a few hundred years left before significant genetic mutations begin occurring among the entire human population, the synth programme is deemed the best chance for humanity. The Institute continues to operate in complete secrecy because they fear that they might attract attention from the other large factions if their scheme is found out. Escapees are hunted down and terminated, not because their humanity is rejected by the Institute but because they represent a risk to the operation should they fall into the hands of someone like the BOS or the Enclave.

The Quest Outcomes:

Generally you can either side with the Institute and accept that humanity needs to merge with machines in order to get around the harmful mutations, or consider this an abomination. So this would include:

1. Convincing the Railroad of the real issues at hand and get them to rejoin the Institute to help work towards the plan to create humanity 2.0.

2. Becoming leader of the Institute you can convince them to drop the transhumanism and begin using Coursers and Synths to capture women for a repopulation programme, with the Soul Survivor impregnating them either in the 'old fashioned' way or by artificial insemination.
3. Go through with the BOS route, destroy the Institute and have a similar lab set up by the Brotherhood of Steel, with women across the Commonwealth invited for 'fertility' appointments, instead of the more ominous Courser abductions that the Institute would have conducted.

4. Have a Minuteman invasion of the institute - leading either to the capture of their technology and the production of a fertility lab, or the destruction of everything.

Additionally, as the storyline progresses, news of your fertile loin would spread amongst the commonwealth. The more women you sire children with. the more known you become and settlers and select NPCs will approach you about helping them conceive children. (Cuck Jun subquest?)

Anyway, that about sums up the idea. It would be huge I know - but its an idea thats been rattling around my head for a while - so I thought I'd throw it out there.