Body textures?

MrMan11

Okay Folks time for my first ever experiment with screen shots and this new fangeled inter web

okay the problem is i can never get my bod texture to match with the head. Okay time for the screen shots.

ahh dammn we appear to have a problem here

screenshot0d.jpg

How do I fix the colour of the screen shot?

You've done the screenshot through some program or through Oblivion directly?

With disabled AA that is :P.

As for your issue. You may have problem with head matching the body for 3 major reasons:

- head normal maps don't connect well with body normal maps (usually people don't add gloss on the neck - part of the head and there's gloss on the chest - part of the body what makes the seamline very evident)

- head normal maps are different in gloss level comparing to body normal maps

- body textures were taken from a different race and / or were not created to match that particular head texture

You can fix any of these 3 issues using Photoshop and / or GIMP or any other similar utility by trying to match the gloss and color saturation of the body textures and / or head textures.

No, _g is the glow map. Or emissive if you want. The gloss map is actually the alpha layer of the normalmap. It determines how shiny the texture is, black being completely dull and white will shine your eyes off in sunlight. This is of course further altered by the specular color of the materialproperty. The gloss level of the materialproperty determines how large the highlights are. Values below 1 tend to look ugly, from 1-5 will usually work well for cloth parts, 10 or higher for metallic parts. Finally, there's apply_mode ( Apply_highlight or apply_modulate) on the texturingproperty, highlight will give lots of bright highlights on bright areas of the glossmap (like vanilla glass armor).

Archived