The state of modding in Skyrim

Zolt

Hello all, the two meshes you are talking about (femalebody_0.nif and femalebody_1.nif) are used with the body weight scrollbar in character generation. Its value is from 0 to 100, 0 means slim (femalebody_0.nif) and 100 means "heavyweight" (femalebody_1.nif), the same for any other clothing model and body (as you can see, there are _0 and _1 version for every single armor and clothing). The game then calculates an interpolation between the two models. So, I think the two models have to have the exact number of vertices and all related stuff, and the two meshes differs only by how the vertices are placed. This is only an idea I have about it, may be correct or not.

You can play with it in console ingame, just type the command "Player.setNpcWeight 20" or any number between 0 and 100 (included), it will change the shape. Also breast become bigger with a value of 100.

• 11 months later...

cant wait till the niftools team gets blender and nifskope working so i can convert DMRA

Nifskope is partially working already' date=' but until we figure out these .tri files, modding bodies might not be possible.

Armor, clothes files are just regular nifs, yet they do seem to morph with the body, so that's good, we might be able to start converting armors fairly soon.

One thing I don't understand yet: most meshes seem to be doubled:

cuirass_0.nif

cuirass_1.nif

As far as I can see the _0 and _1 are mostly, but not completely identical. Opening them in nifskope they use the same texture, have the same overall look, so I don't know what the difference is.

One page to watch:

- UESP wiki index for Skyrim modding

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Tes5Mod

[/quote']

yes, ive already updated my nifkope with thorttlekittys xml. i opened up both versions of vanilla femalebody_1 and femalebody_0 and noticed they the mesh itself is not the same shape, although everything else i could see was the same. Both of these are birds eye views from right when u open nifskope. i havent move the camera at all in either screenshot.

Here is femalebody_1

femalebody_1.jpg

here is femalebody_0

femalebody_0.jpg

so they are slightly different but i have no idea what for. once the cs comes out it may answer this question.

for the nude mod that is out the meshes do the same thing. femalebody_1 seems fatter.

also, i cant get textures to render on skyrim meshes is that just me?

I think it has something to do with what slider weight the character uses in game. If you are at the heavy seting, it probably uses the "fatter" clothing, and vice-versa.

cant wait till the niftools team gets blender and nifskope working so i can convert DMRA

Nifskope is partially working already' date=' but until we figure out these .tri files, modding bodies might not be possible.

Armor, clothes files are just regular nifs, yet they do seem to morph with the body, so that's good, we might be able to start converting armors fairly soon.

One thing I don't understand yet: most meshes seem to be doubled:

cuirass_0.nif

cuirass_1.nif

As far as I can see the _0 and _1 are mostly, but not completely identical. Opening them in nifskope they use the same texture, have the same overall look, so I don't know what the difference is.

One page to watch:

- UESP wiki index for Skyrim modding

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Tes5Mod

[/quote']

yes, ive already updated my nifkope with thorttlekittys xml. i opened up both versions of vanilla femalebody_1 and femalebody_0 and noticed they the mesh itself is not the same shape, although everything else i could see was the same. Both of these are birds eye views from right when u open nifskope. i havent move the camera at all in either screenshot.

Here is femalebody_1

femalebody_1.jpg

here is femalebody_0

femalebody_0.jpg

so they are slightly different but i have no idea what for. once the cs comes out it may answer this question.

for the nude mod that is out the meshes do the same thing. femalebody_1 seems fatter.

also, i cant get textures to render on skyrim meshes is that just me?

I think it has something to do with what slider weight the character uses in game. If you are at the heavy seting, it probably uses the "fatter" clothing, and vice-versa.

EDIT:

Oops. Didn't see the above post, which says basically the same thing.

Archived