WickedWhims Add Post Puberty

WickedWhims Add Post Puberty

View File

Automatically add the post-puberty trait to each teen sim in-game. See config file for options. Being a script mod, this mod

should not become broken in future versions.

Requires:

Optional Mods:

Install:

• Extract ww_add_post_puberty.ts4script to your Sims 4 Mods folder
  1.    (Optional) I recommend putting the mods together in a subfolder for organization
  2.    (Optional) Extract ww_add_post_puberty.cfg to your sims mods folder (to same location as the ww_add_post_puberty mod)

Example:

• Mods\WickedWhims\TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package
  • Mods\WickedWhims\TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script
  • Mods\WickedWhims\TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_InappropriateUnlock.package
  • Mods\WickedWhims\ww_add_post_puberty.ts4script
  • Mods\WickedWhims\ww_add_post_puberty.cfg

Optional

• Install ItsKatato PreTeen Mod (v1.5.9 Link) (can be installed anywhere in Mods folder)
  • To use day setting from PreTeen mod 'usedays' and 'usepreteendays' must both be set to 1
  • See Caveats

How to use this mod?

• Allow Teens to have sex by enabling Teens Sex Switch
  • Wicked > Settings > Sex Settings > Sex Interaction Settings > Teen Sex Switch
  • (Optional) Allow Teens to have sex with Adults by enabling Adult-Teen Relationships Switch
  • Wicked > Settings > Relationship Settings > Relationship Utilities > Adult-Teen Relationship Switch
  • Please note: This mod will not bypass the restriction of a teen in their Pre-Teen stage (Pre-Teen Trait) You can A: Wait until they are a "Full Teen" or B: Use UI Cheats Extension mod to right click the trait on the sim to remove the trait.

Compatibility

• Should not interfere with any other mods. This mod injects the trait via script and does not override any other mods data.

Caveats

• ItsKatato PreTeen Mod conflicts with Zerbu's Get To School so caution if you choose to use the optional mod.
  • ItsKatao Preteen Mod requires: Game DLC: Parenthood + Snowy Escape in order to get full animations
  • ItsKatato PreTeen Mod requires Lumpinou's Mood Pack Mod to work.

To-Do:

• Play?

Known Caveats

• Does not update sims live when using cheats to change a sims days progression for aging. (it is not a bug) I may or may not fix that - not super important to me at least.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/02/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    WickedWhims, Inappropriate Unlock

Cool! Is it possible to extend the mod functionality so that the trait could be auto-added after some part of teen age span?

Although using this mod is way better than the way WW offers to deal with puberty by default (manually), I would not mind my teens to still have some puberty period, let's say 25% of teen age span.

8 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Cool! Is it possible to extend the mod functionality so that the trait could be auto-added after some part of teen age span?

Although using this mod is way better than the way WW offers to deal with puberty by default (manually), I would not mind my teens to still have some puberty period, let's say 25% of teen age span.

It should be able to be done checking by days of age span would be easy enough. I assume you refer to this for "pre-teen" aging?

Edited by TheAncientOne
1 hour ago, TheAncientOne said:

It should be able to be done checking by days of age span would be easy enough. I assume you refer to this for "pre-teen" aging?

Yeah, I suggested this to WW initially with no result

Spoiler

image.jpeg

I just wanted to keep some puberty period for teens for more interesting gameplay and for use all of the available functionality, that was the idea.

I think without a specific setting this could be about 25% of the currently set teen age span (as it can be altered by lifespan game setting and MCCC age span setting).

In case this would be done I also have one more idea of a specific social interaction with teens that could allow active sim to know how many days of puberty remains for that teen, i.e. when they can have sex with them.

Of course what you did is already great enough anyways so thanks a lot for this.

23 minutes ago, Crazy Doll said:

but what about people that don't play with life span?

Even if you didn't change anything, teens have age duration anyways, so it would be a percent of that duration. For example, teen age duration for normal life span game setting is 21, so puberty period would be 5 days in case of 25%. Setting it in days would be just not universal solution for different age span values.

Edited by wild_guy
1 hour ago, TheAncientOne said:

Updated, 1.1 adds config file you can change to adjust days delay or even disable mod without removing it. Config file is optional as it will utilize internal defaults if it is not found.

Can your files be renamed or is the config file name hard-coded in the script file?

5 hours ago, TheAncientOne said:

Updated, 1.1 adds config file you can change to adjust days delay or even disable mod without removing it. Config file is optional as it will utilize internal defaults if it is not found.

Super cool! Adjustable puberty period is what I always wanted, great job, you really made my day! This is what should have been done in WW by default.

Edit: Could you maybe add .cfg extension to the config file so that we don't need to specify the program for opening it each time?

Just tested it and it looks like config is not working, the mod just woks like in previous version, no matter what I set in the config.

To test it I removed the mod, loaded my game, removed Post-puberty attribute from all teens, saved and exit. Then added the mod and set config like this:

enabled=0
usedays=1
days=21

As a result the attribute was auto-added to all teens once I loaded the game.

Edited by wild_guy
3 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Just tested it and it looks like config is not working, the mod just woks like in previous version, no matter what I set in the config.

To test it I removed the mod, loaded my game, removed Post-puberty attribute from all teens, saved and exit. Then added the mod and set config like this:

In my haste to get to bed and sleep after being up for almost 3 days due to work and trouble sleeping - I compiled and uploaded the wrong version of the script.

1.2 takes care of that issue, my apologies - and I slept like a rock, now I am partially coherent

On 10/6/2022 at 12:46 AM, True AI said:

Can your files be renamed or is the config file name hard-coded in the script file?

Config file-name is hard coded - script file could be renamed.

16 hours ago, wild_guy said:

Works just fine now, thanks soooo much! :thumbsup:

You're welcome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you!
I would like a similar mod for all attributes, which allows you to choose the type of sims and the chances of them getting one attribute or another.
What ww has built in doesn't work.

(translate google)

Edited by mia753
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/6/2022 at 4:01 PM, wild_guy said:

Works just fine now, thanks soooo much! :thumbsup:

Sorry to bother you, but mod author was not active since February, so can't ask him/her.

Do you still use this add-on? Does it work with new update?

I'm thinking of getting HSY but manually adding post-puberty trait to all teens will drive me nuts.

22 minutes ago, mcromance said:

Sorry to bother you, but mod author was not active since February, so can't ask him/her.

Do you still use this add-on? Does it work with new update?

I'm thinking of getting HSY but manually adding post-puberty trait to all teens will drive me nuts.

I believe that yes, it still should work as it's a script mod. But anyways, you can test it and see yourself. Just start a new game, remove all existing sims, and create some teens instead, or change townies age via MCCC cheats and see if the trait is applied according your settings. I even found a way to calculate what number of days till puberty would be optimal for me and my current teens population (to set in settings).

Edited by wild_guy
24 minutes ago, wild_guy said:

I believe that yes, it still should work as it's a script mod. But anyways, you can test it and see yourself. Just start a new game, remove all existing sims, and create some teens instead, or change townies age via MCCC cheats and see if the trait is applied according your settings. I even found a way to calculate what number of days till puberty would be optimal for me and my current teens population (to set in settings).

'problem' is I don't have HSY yet and getting it to test if a mod works still is a bit much XD

This is why I'm bothering you with my question.

13 minutes ago, mcromance said:

'problem' is I don't have HSY yet and getting it to test if a mod works still is a bit much XD

This is why I'm bothering you with my question.

Well, I think it doesn't matter, you still can test without it as the trait exists anyway (I think so). Try to test and add it to a teen manually then first.

Edited by wild_guy