[Help needed] Akira, a companion looking for her friends

Kawauso

Hello community !

While working on my very first Fallout mod I came up to some problems :

_the GECK is a bit weird (I'm more used to text editors) and I don't even know if what I want to do can be done. Mainly I want the mod to be compatible with some other mods including sexout without them being requirements.

_I need more ideas for the story/dialogues.

_I need at least one model (a closed motorcycle helmet) and I can't do it myself. And maybe an armor and a pair of gloves. Could use some more for the other NPCs, have to decide.

Now let's get into the details. I want to create a companion with a nice story and a quest to make her your friend and companion.

The quest involve finding her "family" around the Mojave. Problem is she doesn't have a clue about where they are or don't want to go check herself (one of them probably being in the Legion's fort / at the NCR CF). They may be alive, they may be not. Or maybe you (accidentally) killed them. That part is easy except requiring a lot of writing and a good knowledge of the Mojave. Happens I don't know the Mojave by heart.

All the characters aren't fully fleshed out and I don't really know where to place everyone since their background isn't fully defined yet. My main idea was that they all are school punks that ended as a band of raiders but due to life running it's course they all got separated. They all would be somewhat controversial characters with a history of raiding, slavery (as a slave or slaver), murder and/or perversion.

When it comes to GECK the main problem is that I don't know how to use it properly yet and I can't even do just the basic stuff right now because I need the story to be more fleshed out. I looked at some tutorials but they didn't help enough.

I need to know how to do dialogue options/path that needs a mod to show up (exemple: a path that could lead to Akira's slavery if you have the proper mods) and dialogues that checks things such as a particular alignement or a low int (mostly greetings right now) and even dialogues requiring alignements, mods and stats. Oh and a friendship meter similar to Willow could come handy.

Most of this sounds pretty easy on paper but the GECK ain't no text editor.

Hello community !

While working on my very first Fallout mod I came up to some problems :

_the GECK is a bit weird (I'm more used to text editors) and I don't even know if what I want to do can be done. Mainly I want the mod to be compatible with some other mods including sexout without them being requirements.

_I need more ideas for the story/dialogues.

_I need at least one model (a closed motorcycle helmet) and I can't do it myself. And maybe an armor and a pair of gloves. Could use some more for the other NPCs, have to decide.

Now let's get into the details. I want to create a companion with a nice story and a quest to make her your friend and companion.

The quest involve finding her "family" around the Mojave. Problem is she doesn't have a clue about where they are or don't want to go check herself (one of them probably being in the Legion's fort / at the NCR CF). They may be alive, they may be not. Or maybe you (accidentally) killed them. That part is easy except requiring a lot of writing and a good knowledge of the Mojave. Happens I don't know the Mojave by heart.

All the characters aren't fully fleshed out and I don't really know where to place everyone since their background isn't fully defined yet. My main idea was that they all are school punks that ended as a band of raiders but due to life running it's course they all got separated. They all would be somewhat controversial characters with a history of raiding, slavery (as a slave or slaver), murder and/or perversion.

When it comes to GECK the main problem is that I don't know how to use it properly yet and I can't even do just the basic stuff right now because I need the story to be more fleshed out. I looked at some tutorials but they didn't help enough.

I need to know how to do dialogue options/path that needs a mod to show up (exemple: a path that could lead to Akira's slavery if you have the proper mods) and dialogues that checks things such as a particular alignement or a low int (mostly greetings right now) and even dialogues requiring alignements, mods and stats. Oh and a friendship meter similar to Willow could come handy.

Most of this sounds pretty easy on paper but the GECK ain't no text editor.

If you are doing any Scripting, checkout the scripting help thread in my sig :)

Archived