Gameplay Problem

Hi All -

I am suddenly having a problem when I reload a game after being killed or something adult is happening to my character that I really am not interested in at that time.

The game reloads from the last save with everyhting looking normal, and then the problems begin. My character can not go up or down ramps, stairs or hills, but rather melts into the the landscape, ending up somewhere under ground. My character can walk on air, climbing higher and higher with no support from the ground or stairs. If my character goes swimming, she continues to swim over the land, up into the sky, etc.

Every other character (human, animal) can not move from the place they are standing. They rapidly move their legs, but stay in one place. Horses move their legs, but don't move. Enemies don't fall over when I kill them. Their eyes are closed, but they stand still in the spot where I killed them.

Yesterday, I downloaded Bodyslide v 0.35 for UNP bodies by "stuffed bunny," and I think that is when the problem started. I deleted it and got CTD as soon as I tried to load the game without it. I reloaded Bodyslide and got back into the game, but the strange behavior of the game returned.

Does anyone have any idea what a fix might be to get everything working normally again?

Thanks so much!

hi thephantom52!
I'm German, I write with translator!
have you ever your playing TFC or TCL would be entered into the console?
This effect occurs when you are typing this command in the console, then save it, finish the game and the new game invite! then these commands are still active, if it is so then you just have to enter these commands again and the error is canceled .

deutsch!

ich bin deutscher , ich schreibe mit übersetzer !
hast du mal wären deines spielens TFC oder TCL in die konsole eingegeben ?
dieser effekt tritt auf wenn du diese befehle in die konsole eingibst , dann speicherst , das spiel beendest und das spiel neu lädst ! dann sind diese befehle noch aktiv , wenn es so ist dann mußt du nur diese befehle erneut eingeben und der fehler wird aufgehoben.

P S. by the way: you had your question in Skyrim Technical Support will provide, it can happen that this thread is locked.

Hi All -

I am suddenly having a problem when I reload a game after being killed or something adult is happening to my character that I really am not interested in at that time.

The game reloads from the last save with everyhting looking normal, and then the problems begin. My character can not go up or down ramps, stairs or hills, but rather melts into the the landscape, ending up somewhere under ground. My character can walk on air, climbing higher and higher with no support from the ground or stairs. If my character goes swimming, she continues to swim over the land, up into the sky, etc.

Every other character (human, animal) can not move from the place they are standing. They rapidly move their legs, but stay in one place. Horses move their legs, but don't move. Enemies don't fall over when I kill them. Their eyes are closed, but they stand still in the spot where I killed them.

Yesterday, I downloaded Bodyslide v 0.35 for UNP bodies by "stuffed bunny," and I think that is when the problem started. I deleted it and got CTD as soon as I tried to load the game without it. I reloaded Bodyslide and got back into the game, but the strange behavior of the game returned.

Does anyone have any idea what a fix might be to get everything working normally again?

Thanks so much!

Agreeing with winny257 there. I'm also German btw! *high-fives*

From what you describe you simply ended up with disabled collision controls. However, this should NOT persist after you fully exited the game.

Please open the console window and make sure that no object/target is selected, then type "tcl" without the quotes. You should get a console message along the lines of "collision enabled", and your character should now be affected by gravity again. If this doesn't work (remember - make sure no target is selected or the command won't work!) please let me know. It should work according to your description. Don't worry, it's just a console command, your game is not broken. ;-)

Archived