Songs of Syx

Sooo, this is a little unknown still but it seems to have modding capabilities. I do not know to what an extend though.

Songs of Syx is a mixture of empire building and colony game, featuring huge populations and armies. It's a fantasy medieval world with several different races, each having their own unique likes and dislikes as well as other characteristics. Every citizen also is simulated, with their own specific needs, which I would think could be probably modded by having a drive for sex (Songs of Sex being the most obvious base mod name), and then adding features to fulfill this need. There's slavery, crime and even cannibalism, as well as raids and other dangers. I think the potential here is pretty big. There are also some political components, but I think that part is still a bit underdeveloped. Could potentially lead to some Free Cities inspired type of mods though?

It's Java based and with that compatible with multiple platforms. The game also has a free demo, which afaik is just the full game at this EA stage. I don't think it currently goes on any sales so that is a good way to get familiar with the game and to see if it is a worthy investment. I'm not too familiar with it yet myself, but I think the smut potential is just as big as the potential for the game itself.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1162750/Songs_of_Syx/

• 1 month later...

It is super easy to make custom races for it or replace sounds or sprites etc without having any experience with modding but that's as far as I've gone with it. I would be curious to see what somebody with experience could come up with. The game is really good by the way, definitely worth a try if you enjoy building colonies (think Rimworld on a much bigger scale). 

1 hour ago, dal.sofian said:

It is super easy to make custom races for it or replace sounds or sprites etc without having any experience with modding but that's as far as I've gone with it. I would be curious to see what somebody with experience could come up with. The game is really good by the way, definitely worth a try if you enjoy building colonies (think Rimworld on a much bigger scale). 

"Super Easy" is an overstatement....
I've done quite a lot of modding for it back then, around version 0.3~0.4. Races,Armor,Constructions...
I create a Demon Race with Incubus+Succubus back them with custom traits + custom world map, however the most time consuming/hard part was setting up the texture and configuring the .ini file so it work properly, and oh boy.... I was not fond of that experience.
So after an update that broke that race right a few weeks later I scrapped it and since then I'm waiting for better tools to work with for modding this game.
Devs said something about releasing proper tools at that time so....

• 1 year later...