[mod] LoadingScreenMod[krunkdunk]

For those who had difficulty getting this loading screen mod to work, you'll need to edit the hash in main.ini file from

[TextureOverrideLoadingScreen]
hash = 16c9c63b
Preset = LoadingScene

to

hash = 6cd7420f
Preset = LoadingScene

After changing this, I started to see the pics working on the loading screen. 

I would like to ask if there's any way to have pictures in portrait mode as opposed to landscape mode?  For instance, the pictures not stretching? 

Thanks,

On 9/16/2022 at 9:32 AM, lakesideb said:

For those who had difficulty getting this loading screen mod to work, you'll need to edit the hash in main.ini file from

hash = 16c9c63b
Preset = LoadingScene

to

hash = 6cd7420f
Preset = LoadingScene

After changing this, I started to see the pics working on the loading screen. 

I would like to ask if there's any way to have pictures in portrait mode as opposed to landscape mode?  For instance, the pictures not stretching? 

Thanks,

Keeping the original hash (1st one) maintains bouncing topless Honoka but not custom pics (even after updating per the readme.txt instructions.

Using the revised hash (2nd one) loses bouncing Honoka entirely and background is still not changed, only original. 

I am on Steam and currently there are 76 pics in the required folder, all come from the in-game photo taker. Any idea how I should proceed?

I tried testing in the Steam version and yes it does work there too.  For some reason the batch file did not work for me in the Steam version, but that fixed for me when I used the batch file in DMM and moved the whole loading mod folder to my mods folder in the Steam version. 

As for different resolutions, the hash needs to be revised in the main.ini file in the mod.  They are as follows:

720p = 6e64496e

1080p = 16c9c63b

4k = 6cd7420f

(credit goes to Akai69 for the original loading screen mod and of course the credits are listed there as well to krunkdrunk and others)

For this mod I only tested the 4k hash for it to work for me in the DMM version.  I have like over 100+ pics in my folder and works for me too. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/16/2022 at 5:45 PM, lhk93006 said:

@krunkDunk

Thank you for great mod.

Is it limited to nine files? The tenth file should be named [ResourcePic10] in the ResourceList.ini, but it became [ResourcePic0].

Edit file [1]GenImageResourceList.bat , find this line :

for /f %%a in ('dir "%~dp1*.dds" "%~dp1*.jpg" "%~dp1*.png" ^| find "File(s)"') do set count=%%a

Replace it :

set count=0
for /f "delims=" %%i in ('dir /b /a-d "%~dp1*.dds" "%~dp1*.jpg" "%~dp1*.png"') do set /a count+=1

Note :

path and folder/file name must comply with English language DOS specifications

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 11:28 PM, hhh445511 said:

Having the same problem here, would like to know why.

Actually its due to the Reshade mod screen layer, I don't think there is solution to it unless we can auto disable reshade during loading and reactivate it afterward, my suggestion would be increase the brightness of those photo.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you keep the photos randomize when you start up the game?

When I edited main.ini to `global persist $picCycle = 3` It does not randomly change but when I Shift + R it randomizes but reopening the game it doesn't stay random.

[CommandList-ResetPersistVars]
$bg = 1
$loadingText = 0
$slideShow = 1
$Honoka = 4
$picCycle = 3
$slideDelay = 180

[Key ResetPersistVars]
key = Shift R
run = CommandList-ResetPersistVars

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to reverse engineer this mod so I Just replace the chibi Honoka loading icon..... but it's SO HARD to take remove the "load screen replacing" part of the mod while keeping the chibi Honoka loading icon intact.... especially since I'm an amateur at this. I change the png files just fine but everything else.... oof. The code is too entangled.

Update: It's 1 month later and have made literally 0 progress. I can not for the love of me figure this out.

Update 2: I've managed to edit this mod just enough to be able to replace the chibi honoka with anything I want. No matter what size or place on the screen. And I can even put animated images. I've also managed to make a cursor replacement mod and that too can be animated so you can have an animated cursor with whatever you want. I will not be releasing them as mods to the public, but if anyone is interested they can message so we can work together to get a custom made mod.

Edited by MainGoldDragon
Update. Update2
  • 4 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 8:23 PM, krunkDunk said:

LoadingScreenMod[krunkdunk]

Draws a custom image over the Loading Screen. ↳

Draws a lewd bouncing Honoka. ↳

GUICVM is highly recommended https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/20372-guicvm_base_package_v10zip/

What should I do if I only want the standby person in the bottom right corner and don't want to see the long picture that will take up the photo? I didn't make the adjustment

6.png

4 hours ago, 清水石 said:

What should I do if I only want the standby person in the bottom right corner and don't want to see the long picture that will take up the photo? I didn't make the adjustment

The translation isn't good... so I think the answer to your question is to use the "Picture On/Off" button.

loading-howto.jpg.e286debed959014caa26b39a110428ca.jpg

• 4 weeks later...