Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 Mods

674830312_2022-09-0321_58_40-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteel(D3D11)_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.8ee16fc59d8f30ecfdb92d5139e4de0f.png

I made skirt delete mods for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I and II (Steam/GOG, Windows) using 3DMigoto.

UPDATE: Version 1.1 and up have nude mods as well.

NEW VERSION 1.1 for CS1:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/197070-trails-of-cold-steel-1-and-2-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3865635

CS1_UnSkirtMod_v1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - OBSOLETE

NEW VERSION 1.1a for CS2:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/197070-trails-of-cold-steel-1-and-2-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3873285

CS2_UnSkirtMod_v1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - OBSOLETE

These are for the XSEED North American Release.  Please see here for CLE.

Press F1 for help, F2 to turn mod on and off.  Costumes will only appear modded in-game; they will appear normal in the menus.

Note:  They are not fully debugged -- I actually played these games on the PS3, so I didn't have save files like I did with CS3/CS4.  I mostly used the debug room, but they seemed to work properly in-game with basic testing.  I just did these for fun, and I don't really plan to add more to them.  But if someone else wants to add more (for example nude mods), please feel free to do so.

If your controller doesn't work with 3DMigoto, try:

1. Turning off Steam Overlay

Spoiler

controller1.png.ed6986b2cbe42da9af6790349af04314.png

2. Disabling Steam Input

Spoiler

controller2.png.0a8bcd16315e070cd32b7f081cc43a5d.png

Enjoy!

My other skirt delete mods:  Trails of Cold Steel III, Trails of Cold Steel IV, Hajimari no Kiseki, Kuro no Kiseki, Tokyo Xanadu eX+.

Edited by amorrow28
21 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

674830312_2022-09-0321_58_40-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteel(D3D11)_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.8ee16fc59d8f30ecfdb92d5139e4de0f.png

I made skirt delete mods for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I and II (Steam/GOG, Windows) using 3DMigoto.

CS1_UnSkirtMod_v1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 1.91 MB · 20 downloads

CS2_UnSkirtMod_v1.0_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 2.27 MB · 22 downloads

Press F1 for help, F2 to turn mod on and off.  Costumes will only appear modded in-game; they will appear normal in the menus.

Note:  They are not fully debugged -- I actually played these games on the PS3, so I didn't have save files like I did with CS3/CS4.  I mostly used the debug room, but they seemed to work properly in-game with basic testing.  I just did these for fun, and I don't really plan to add more to them.  But if someone else wants to add more (for example nude mods), please feel free to do so.

Enjoy!

My other skirt delete mods:  Trails of Cold Steel III, Trails of Cold Steel IV, Hajimari no Kiseki, Kuro no Kiseki, Tokyo Xanadu eX+.

感谢分享!
请问有没有打算做1和2的裸体补丁?
以及YS8和9?
再次感谢~

Thanks for sharing!
Are there any plans to do nude patches for 1 and 2?
and YS8 and 9?
Thanks again~

3 hours ago, prbb said:

感谢分享!
请问有没有打算做1和2的裸体补丁?
以及YS8和9?
再次感谢~

Thanks for sharing!
Are there any plans to do nude patches for 1 and 2?
and YS8 and 9?
Thanks again~

You're welcome!  I do not have plans to make nude mods for CS1 and CS2 currently, since they take so much time and I already finished playing these games.  (You can try modding it though, I have written many tutorials on how to do this on the CS4 thread.)

I plan to play Ys 8 in the future when it goes on sale again, but I do not know if I will mod it.  I watched a preview video, and I did not see any skirts to delete.  ?

924358809_2022-09-0716_46_35-Window.png.249274b64120e8f04fc609936f12389e.png

Ok, I changed my mind.  I was bored and figured I'd see how easy it would be to port @coomi's Alisa's CS4 nude mode to CS1.  Then I did Emma, Laura, Fie and Sara.  *shrug*  I needed to release a bugfix for CS1 anyway.  Here is a new release!

Improved nude texture can be downloaded here.

CS1_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z

This is for the XSEED North American Release.  Please see here for CLE.

To use the nude mods, you will need the "Academy Swimsuit" item.  You can get it via NG+ / Cheat Engine - links here:

Anyway, this is just for CS1 for now.  Nothing in CS2 is compatible with CS1 at all, every mod must be made from scratch.  It is infuriating.  I'll get around to CS2 in time, minus Sara - she can't wear the suit in CS2.  In fact, I don't think you can make her wear the suit in CS1 - the nude model only works in the swimming scene I think.

See the first post on what to do if your controller doesn't work with 3DMigoto.

Enjoy!

Bonus picture, featuring backsides:

Spoiler

423690464_2022-09-0716_42_19-Window.png.91020447018dd7ee3857d47d77fa3631.png

Btw, yes, I know, these don't look great.  The graphics in CS1 are horrible with work with, and I have very weak Blender skills.  Perhaps one of our more talented modders wants to improve these!

Edited by amorrow28
On 9/7/2022 at 8:50 PM, prbb said:

非常感谢!
请问如何能让这些在(改/KAI)版下运行?

thank you very much!
How can I make these run under the (changed/KAI) version?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1450120/I_Thors_Military_Academy_1204/

I do not know. I have the North American XSEED release. From a quick web search, it seems the game assets are the same. Hopefully the shaders are also the same.

Did you try using the mod already? If it works, that is great. If it does not work, then hopefully someone here with experience modding who has the Chinese language game can help to port the mod to CLE. I do not own the Chinese language version.

EDIT: prbb sent me a frame dump log, and I have confirmed that the mods are NOT compatible with CLE.

EDIT: prbb has helped me port the nude mods to CLE, available here.

Edited by amorrow28

1790340805_2022-09-0815_27_21-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteel(D3D11)_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.04135d031d7aa644b37f0a08322caa7f.png

CS2 update this time, now also with nude mods for Alisa, Emma, Laura and Fie.

NEW VERSION HERE:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/197070-trails-of-cold-steel-1-and-2-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3873285

CS2_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z - OBSOLETE

This is for the XSEED North American Release.  Please see here for CLE.

Press F1 for help, F2 to turn mod on and off.  Costumes will only appear modded in-game; they will appear normal in the menus.  See the first post on what to do if your controller doesn't work with 3DMigoto.

To use the nude mods, you will need the "Academy Swimsuit" item.  You can get it via NG+ / Cheat Engine - links here:

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28

How to use Cheat Engine tables to get the Academy Swimsuit needed for the nude mods:

First, download the tables for CS1 and/or for CS2.  Save them to your hard drive.

Download and install Cheat Engine (link).  It comes with a bunch of garbage apps, please read VERY CAREFULLY when installing and do not install the extra apps!  (You can also get cheat engine without adware via Dark Byte's Patreon, or by building CE yourself from source code using Lazarus.)

Start CS1 or CS2.

Open Cheat Engine.

[1] Open Process (File -> Open Process).  [2] Choose Trails of Cold Steel 1/2.  [3] Click Open. [4]  Open Table (File -> Load, or Ctrl-O).  Open the downloaded Cheat Table.  [5-8] Check "Trails of Cold Steel", "Enable", "[Scripts]", "Override Item ID On Gain of Item"

Spoiler

417851283_2022-09-0814_29_03-CheatEngine7.4.png.191bb86cdd360f0007c9e6039630f376.png

[1] Double-click quantity and set it to 10 (or however many you want).  Double-click the current item in Item Override (default is None).

Spoiler

1045341410_2022-09-0814_31_30-Window.png.4c2a8c913404ebe3018dd02aebf266e8.png

Pick Academy Swimsuit from the drop-down menu, then press Ok.

Spoiler

1433345393_2022-09-0814_31_55-Greenshot.png.12dc59fe76239dacf6c0c6f66ed92641.png

Buy something in the game, it does not matter what it is.

Spoiler

881147865_2022-09-0814_32_29-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteel(D3D11)_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.baa9f51fa5fb202768c3e5cc5ab6885e.png

Be sure to uncheck the all the boxes in cheat engine after you are done buying and before saving.

You now have the item you desired!

Spoiler

1171876537_2022-09-0814_32_59-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteel(D3D11)_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.40ef6e9e201e4084e0d5874851c7d757.png

Here is a version of the nude mods for Alisa, Emma, Laura and Fie for CS1 / CS2 Kai Clouded Leopard Entertainment release (Chinese / Korean Language)!  Thank you very much to @prbb for assistance in porting these over.

CLE_CS1_NudeMod_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z

CLE_CS2_NudeMod_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z.7z

Press F1 for help, F2 to turn mod on and off.  Costumes will only appear modded in-game; they will appear normal in the menus.  See the first post on what to do if your controller doesn't work with 3DMigoto.

To use the nude mods, you will need the "Academy Swimsuit" item.  You can get it via NG+.  I do not have save files for CLE version; if anyone can confirm that XSEED and CLE save files are the same then I will update this post.

Please note these only include the nude mods; the skirt delete mod is not included.

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28
4 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Here is a version of the nude mods for Alisa, Emma, Laura and Fie for CS1 / CS2 Kai Clouded Leopard Entertainment release (Chinese / Korean Language)!  Thank you very much to @prbb for assistance in porting these over.

CLE_CS1_NudeMod_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 4.69 MB · 3 downloads

CLE_CS2_NudeMod_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z.7z 4.68 MB · 3 downloads

To use the nude mods, you will need the "Academy Swimsuit" item.  You can get it via NG+.  I do not have save files for CLE version; if anyone can confirm that XSEED and CLE save files are the same then I will update this post.

Please note these only include the nude mods; the skirt delete mod is not included.

Enjoy!

The save files for XSEED and CLE are the same, but the save location is different.

The XSEED location for CS1 is \Saved Games\Falcom\ed8

CLE is \Saved Games\Falcom\Sen_no_Kiseki_I_Kai

Copying the saved file can be read correctly, the read menu may appear garbled, but it does not affect the use.

I haven't used XSEED's CS2, but it should be similar.

The CLE location for CS2 is \Saved Games\Falcom\Sen_no_Kiseki_II_Kai

However, the XSEED version is different from the CLE version of the exe. It will encounter problems when reading .CT files with CE, and the CLE version has a 64-bit system.

36 minutes ago, prbb said:

The save files for XSEED and CLE are the same, but the save location is different.

The XSEED location for CS1 is \Saved Games\Falcom\ed8

CLE is \Saved Games\Falcom\Sen_no_Kiseki_I_Kai

Copying the saved file can be read correctly, the read menu may appear garbled, but it does not affect the use.

I haven't used XSEED's CS2, but it should be similar.

The CLE location for CS2 is \Saved Games\Falcom\Sen_no_Kiseki_II_Kai

However, the XSEED version is different from the CLE version of the exe. It will encounter problems when reading .CT files with CE, and the CLE version has a 64-bit system.

I found CS1 and CS2 save editors, if anyone wants to try them to get the swimsuits. I have not tried them. They are apparently already in Chinese language!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/aq0oko/trails_of_cold_steel_i_and_ii_save_editor/

2 hours ago, untestedpower said:

Doesn't she in the first game too? I seem to recall swimming against her in the minigame in CS1.

Ok, you all made me curious.  I dumped the item tables and, yes, Sara has swimsuits in both games.  It is item 967 in CS1 and item 1011 in CS2.  I already modded Sara in CS1 (she is in the screenshot above actually), and I'll eventually get around to modding her in CS2.

1773839820_2022-09-1121_59_43-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteelII(D3D11)_SteamEnabled_GoGIni.png.d9b56f88bae9a87d86fe2ad4b23b974f.png

Free camera in Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2!  These are for the XSEED North American release (Steam/GOG).  Thanks as always to Cyber for the original free camera movement algorithm, and special thanks to the folks who made SenPatcher (which you really should check out).

UPDATED VERSION 1.1 HERE:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/197070-trails-of-cold-steel-1-and-2-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3872900

CS1_Free_Camera.CT - OBSOLETE

CS2_Free_Camera.CT - OBSOLETE

They are not fully complete, but I've been working on them for a long while, and I'm tired so I thought I'd release them as is.  (Actually CS2's camera is nearly complete, CS1 less so, but both are pretty good.)

Features:

• Force Pause Animation - F5 to turn on, F6 to turn off - this completely pauses the game! Check the box before trying to use. As currently implemented, free camera cannot be activated while the game is paused.
  • Disable Dialogue - exactly what it says, dialogue disappears.
  • Hide HUD/Minimap - When minimap disappears, it will not reappear until you go into battle, a cutscene, or upon loading a saved game.
  • Unlock tilt - look up and down from 89 to -89 degrees.
  • Decrease min Z - Normally the camera restricts movement to waist high. This, uhh, lowers the limit.
  • Set Custom Camera Distance - As it says.  No hotkey support yet, mainly because the CS1 free camera depends on overriding it.
  • Free Camera - press NumPad 0 to activate. See instructions below on how to navigate.  Does not work during force pause.  In CS1, does not work in battle or cutscenes.
  • Camera coordinates - mostly informational.

How to use:

These are cheat tables for use with Cheat Engine (link).  Cheat engine comes with a bunch of garbage apps, please read VERY CAREFULLY when installing and do not install the extra apps!  (You can also get cheat engine without adware via Dark Byte's Patreon, or by building CE yourself from source code using Lazarus.)  If you've never used Cheat Engine, I put basic instructions on loading a table here in the Kuro no Kiseki thread.

Free Camera Controls:

Hotkey : Num 0 (Toggle On/Off)

Num 8 : Forward
Num 5 : Backward
Num 4 : Left
Num 6 : Right
Num - : Up
Num + : Down

Arrow Up : Tilt Up
Arrow Down : Tilt Down
Arrow Right : Pan Right
Arrow Left : Pan Left

Num 9 : Roll Right
Num 7 : Roll Left
Num 3 : Set Roll to 0

F1 : Decrease Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F2 : Double Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F3 : Quadruple Camera Speed (Press and Hold)

Some notes:

Spoiler

So neither script is complete, but both are in a pretty good place so I thought I'd release them as is for now.  I don't know how much more I plan to do, so we'll see.  Neither game has tilt/Z unlocks in battles, and the CS1 free cam doesn't work in cutscenes or battles just yet.  Neither works during force pause currently.

I've been very puzzled while working on these.  CS3, CS4 and Hajimari have essentially identical base code, just very different insertion points that reflect small changes in code as well as differences that arise from being compiled  (CS3 and CS4 are much closer to each other than Hajimari though).  On the other hand, CS1, CS2, CS3 and Tokyo Xanadu eX+ might as well all be different engines.  It baffles me, since I know they're all Sony's phyreEngine.  Thus, free camera in CS1 and CS2 are implemented in very different ways than the later games.

CS2's camera is almost like Kuro no Kiseki's, where I manipulate the camera by moving the camera and the target XYZ, instead of using tilt/pan (tilt and pan exist, but the engine doesn't seem to use them).  CS1's camera resists me changing the camera XYZ, and instead I move the target XYZ and pull the camera along for the ride.  It's why the camera seems to go first-person mode when you activate it.  Although I got some important clues working with CS2, and I want to go back to CS1 and see if I have the wrong camera XYZ.  We'll see.

I originally started out making camera mods before costume mods, thinking I'd have both games done in an hour by just porting the TXe code.  I was so wrong.  I switched over to skirt deletes out of frustration, but came back after seeing how surprisingly people seem to want to play this game modded.  (Ok I probably would've went back to it anyway haha.)  20+ hours later, here we are.  Anyways, thanks for reading, and enjoy.

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28

1271551980_2022-09-1422_43_38-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteel(D3D11)_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.2d9ad7a7148b7064483789b42f0448a3.png

Here are new versions of my free camera script!

CS1_Free_Camera.CT

CS2_Free_Camera.CT

Updates:

• (CS1) Backported the CS2 freecam to CS1.  Better control, no longer relies on minZ/tilt limit unlock/FPS mode to function, no longer interacts with camera collision sphere, now works in battle and cutscenes.
  • (CS1/CS2) Free camera now works during force pause.
  • (CS1) Backported the MinZ from CS2/TXe freecame to CS1, now with adjustable depth multiplier (default set to 1.5, same as CS2/TXe).
  • (CS1/CS2) Minimap now reappears as soon as Hide HUD is disabled; previously minimap did not reappear until cutscene/battle/load game.
  • (CS1/CS2) Camera distance can now be adjusted using hotkeys.  After enabling, use Home/End keys to move the camera closer to or farther from the player character.

Please see the above post for instructions on how to use.

Enjoy!

Bonus picture:

Spoiler

191065249_2022-09-1422_28_16-TheLegendofHeroes-TrailsofColdSteel(D3D11)_SteamEnabled_GoGInited.png.15d58982a0bde2743691a081f8c26bbe.png

Here are all my other free camera scripts:  Trails of Cold Steel 3, Hajimari no Kiseki, Kuro no Kiseki, Kuro no Kiseki 2, Tokyo Xanadu eX+, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Atelier Ryza, Atelier Ryza 2.  I also made a MinZ (*cough* upskirt) script for CS4.

Edited by amorrow28
On 9/10/2022 at 3:07 PM, amorrow28 said:

Ok, you all made me curious.  I dumped the item tables and, yes, Sara has swimsuits in both games.  It is item 967 in CS1 and item 1011 in CS2.  I already modded Sara in CS1 (she is in the screenshot above actually), and I'll eventually get around to modding her in CS2.

Ok, as promised, small update to CS2 mod with nude Sara.

CS2_UnSkirtMod_v1.1a_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z

This is for the XSEED North American Release.  (There is a more limited version of my mods for CLE here)

To use the nude mods, you will need the "Academy Swimsuit" and "Sara's Swimsuit" item.  You can get them via NG+ / Cheat Engine - links here:

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28

Dear amorrow28! Thank you so much for CS1_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16 for Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1. However, I have an APPCRASH problem when exiting the game or after some time of gameplay. Is there any way to fix this? There is no such problem in Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 with the same mod. Moreover, there are no errors and departures without the mod.  But I would really like to play with the mod. Can you help me?

Edited by liliya kotik
1 hour ago, liliya kotik said:

Dear amorrow28! Thank you so much for CS1_UnSkirtMod_v1.1_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16 for Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1. However, I have an APPCRASH problem when exiting the game or after some time of gameplay. Is there any way to fix this? There is no such problem in Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 with the same mod. Moreover, there are no errors and departures without the mod.  But I would really like to play with the mod. Can you help me?

Some of Falcom's older games are somewhat unstable. Tokyo Xanadu especially when played with these mods. As for the game crashing when trying to exit that happens in many of the games when modded including CS3 and CS4. I'd just recommend saving more often since this sounds like the same issue TX had. I am in no ways an expert but there may not be a solution as most Falcom games have one issue or another when modded.

2 hours ago, liliya kotik said:

I do not know of a fix, the game crashes every time I quit as well. This also happens to me in CS4 and Tokyo Xanadu eX+. It doesn’t bother me since it’s only on exit. I do not know why your game is crashing in the middle though. Please save often.

I am not a developer and I do not maintain the code base. I just use 3DMigoto as a tool. You could open an issue on their GitHub, but unfortunately I don’t think the developers are very active anymore. They have not responded to the pull request I made a few weeks ago.

I am very grateful to you for the answer to my appeal. At least now I know that I'm not the only one with this problem. However, the problem with the crash at the exit of the game occurs ONLY in CS1 with mods based on 3D Migoto. In all others - CS2, CS3, CS4, Hajimari no Kiseki (ENG) and Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ there is no such problem at the exit of the game. But that's exactly what I do - I save the game more often. In general, I express my great appreciation and respect for your work for everyone to make these great games even more enjoyable and interesting. Will you no longer update your CS1 mod? If only I could understand the reason for the crashes.

P.S. I would like to add that all of these games I have just with mods based on 3D Migoto, moreover, with the latest versions of mods. So I don't understand why the game gives out a crash with a mod at the exit and during the gameplay itself, while sometimes the music stops playing as a warning. And all this is ONLY in CS1! What kind of curse?

Edited by liliya kotik
3 hours ago, liliya kotik said:

I am very grateful to you for the answer to my appeal. At least now I know that I'm not the only one with this problem. However, the problem with the crash at the exit of the game occurs ONLY in CS1 with mods based on 3D Migoto. In all others - CS2, CS3, CS4, Hajimari no Kiseki (ENG) and Tokyo Xanadu Ex+ there is no such problem at the exit of the game. But that's exactly what I do - I save the game more often. In general, I express my great appreciation and respect for your work for everyone to make these great games even more enjoyable and interesting. Will you no longer update your CS1 mod? If only I could understand the reason for the crashes.

P.S. I would like to add that all of these games I have just with mods based on 3D Migoto, moreover, with the latest versions of mods. So I don't understand why the game gives out a crash with a mod at the exit and during the gameplay itself, while sometimes the music stops playing as a warning. And all this is ONLY in CS1! What kind of curse?

It seems you have better stability than I do. Unfortunately there is unlikely to be any significant updates to 3DMigoto. The last time there was a new version release was January 2018. I think there is one developer who is working on the software, but that developer is mostly interested in adding compatibility for DirectX 9 and Windows 7.