My game keeps crashing (Lovers with PK Merged Experimental 4.1)

Windsilk

So I just got Oblivion a few days ago because I was excited for Skyrim and as I went to look for some mods I stumbled over this place, which has been great. After spending countless hours reading guides on how to mod I started getting a lot of them working with only a few errors and the occasional crash. Then I found Lovers PK Merged Experimental 4.1 and decided I really wanted to try it out.

So I did a fresh install, installed all the required stuff in the thread, then the mod, then LoversBitch. When I went to start the game it just crashed as soon as it opened, I figured out it was LoversBitch causing it even though I had it working before I decided to try Lovers PK Merged. (Which is heart breaking it's my favorite of the Lovers mods so far T.T) Game would start now and I went to make a character, got that made and then after leaving the race menu the game crashes about 10 seconds later every time. I'm now at a complete loss, I followed guides for the entire process and had a pretty good idea of what I was doing anyways so I'm not sure how it got messed up.

Please help if you can figure out what's wrong. D:

Also is LoversBitch 0.5b actually incompatible with Lovers PK Merged Experimental 4.1?

Here are the guides I used for the various steps:

http://scratchpad.wikia.com/wiki/XLovers_for_Oblivion - To install The Unofficial Patch, The Shivering Isles Patch,The Unofficial MODs Patch, and The Unofficial Patch Supplemental.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1602 - To install MBP

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1054 - To install Lovers PK Merged

Here is my load order:

Oblivion.esm

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

Lovers with PK.esm

Break Undies.esm

TamagoClub.esm

HiyokoClub.esm

x117race.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

LoversTamagoClub.esp

LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp

Lovers with PK.esp

Lovers with PK Extender.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp

Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves NoSc.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectPriority.esp

LoversMB2.esp

ZMCPlayerSlave.esp (Unchecked)

LoversBitch.esp (Unchecked)

These are the two errors I get from the mods as the game starts, as well as the crash report from windows afterwards:

LoversSetBody ERROR LoversSetBody needs SetBody 2ch Edition.

Tamago Set Body Error: SetBody 2ch-Edition 0.3 or above is required.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Oblivion.exe

Application Version: 1.2.0.416

Application Timestamp: 462392c7

Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695

Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7ab86

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00038db9

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 27c8

Additional Information 2: 27c8ce5af7a07bedf550bd9c573901b3

Additional Information 3: e56e

Additional Information 4: e56e9cfaf3cd1084b6b4c016d12ce64c

I tried disabling all of the Lovers mods that Lovers with PK Extended installed and the game seemed to run just fine, definitely at least past where it was crashing before. So that seems to be the problem. Hopefully it's just a load order issue or something but I don't have enough experience with that sort of thing. Anyone have any advice on how to get this working?

Sorry about the slow support, most people are probably trying out Skyrim.

Can't really help much on your problems because I don't run that many lovers mods together. My advice would be to start small. Install just the base lovers package with adultplayplus and confirm that's working. Then just keep adding mods one by one and see where it fails. Also if you think the issue is load order related, it will help if you post your load order. Will probably be more helpful than a windows crash report.

Well before I did the fresh install I was installing individual lovers mods and they worked for the most part, this PK Merged Experimental 4.1 though is supposedly supposed to add all of them in a set together. It's the only Lovers mod I have installed and it adds all of those esps together. I had individual lovers mods working before as well as Claudia's secret and it all worked for the most part, but I'm trying to get this combined pack working.

My load order is in my second spoiler in the first post, and yeah I'm also playing Skyrim right now as well haha so I understand. Though I'd like to get this running for some more... adult oriented gaming when I need a break from slaying dragons. *^^*

Edit: The thread for the merged lovers mod that I'm trying to use is the third link in my first spoiler in my first post, if anyone is unsure of what it is. =)

Ok so after playing around with it a bit more I've determined that the two files causing the crash are LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp and Lovers with PK Extender.esp . If I disable both of those the game stops crashing right away and all of the Tamago stuff seems to work.

Windsilk, per the load order on the 1st post of the 4.1 merged mod:

All other esm's and esp's then:

LoversTamagoClub.esp (Heavily Modded and Merged esp)

LoversAdultPlayPlus.esp (Heavily Modded and Merged esp)

Lovers with PK.esp

Lovers with PK Extender.esp

LoversMB2.esp

LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp

LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp <-------this must be the last file!

Note: ZMCPlayerSlave and Lover's Bitch will be incompatible with the merged mod, sorry :(

The reason they are not compatible is due to all the items that have been merged together. The merged mod is great for folks new to lovers who want to jump right in and play but is terrible to add other plugins and is not upgrade-able (again due to the merged content). Reconfigure your load order and you should run fine. :)

EDIT: Make sure you have all the other requirements too (like pluggy 125c) listed at the bottom of the 1st post on the 4.1 download page. Holler if you have problems. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the slow reply to this, I ended up experimenting with my installed mods and load order a bit more before I read your post and ended up messing up my install. Rather depressing D:

At that point I ended up getting sucked completely into Skyrim and am only now starting to come out of it a bit, though with how quickly they're making mods for Skyrim I don't think I'll be going back to Oblivion. Hopefully once the creation kit is released I'll be able to learn how to use it and have a better understanding of how modding works and maybe do a bit of my own. :)

sometimes when you re-install you have to erase the stuff that is on my documents/my games/oblivion except the "saves" folder and start the game again and everything will run just fine, happened to me often, re-installed oblivion for 3rd time this week, played skyrim, saw i sucked at it and went back to oblivion(everything is new, i cannot pick a lock, didn't know how to grab stuff from dead bodies and jumped with the space bar... SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE...bar

Archived