Making a WW-compatible custom rig?

Hope this is the right place to ask this. Basically I've made a set of cat tails and I'd like to make a custom rig to animate them and create default replacement animations for them (this I have managed to figure out), but since I run wicked whims (and would at some point like to make at least a small collection of sex animations that include moving tails), a custom version of the vanilla rig just isn't going to work and I'm not even sure where to start on making one that's compatible.

I guess my main questions would be is altering the WW rig considered a chill thing to do, what's the best way to do that (being able to just do it in blender would make my day, but I'll use the tedious S4S way if I have to), and are there any threads/tutorial-adjacent things related to this out there because I've been looking for a while now and haven't found anything. Pretty much any info would help a ton.

Sorry if this is actually incredibly obvious or there are already tutorials I missed somehow, I do try to do everything I can to find answers on my own before I start making threads asking, but I'm having a hell of a time with this one.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:19 AM, EachUisge said:

Hope this is the right place to ask this. Basically I've made a set of cat tails and I'd like to make a custom rig to animate them and create default replacement animations for them (this I have managed to figure out), but since I run wicked whims (and would at some point like to make at least a small collection of sex animations that include moving tails), a custom version of the vanilla rig just isn't going to work and I'm not even sure where to start on making one that's compatible.

I guess my main questions would be is altering the WW rig considered a chill thing to do, what's the best way to do that (being able to just do it in blender would make my day, but I'll use the tedious S4S way if I have to), and are there any threads/tutorial-adjacent things related to this out there because I've been looking for a while now and haven't found anything. Pretty much any info would help a ton.

Sorry if this is actually incredibly obvious or there are already tutorials I missed somehow, I do try to do everything I can to find answers on my own before I start making threads asking, but I'm having a hell of a time with this one.

Whether you can replace the whole rig is unlikely, but you could make a custom body Part, a tutorial for this can be found on Turbodrivers page here

Or you could just use the tails as prop, well at least for the sex animations. 

On 8/21/2022 at 6:19 AM, EachUisge said:

Making a rigged tail imply adding bones or replacing some bones. The current rig already reached the bones a rig can have (180), and removing or replacing further bones will break animations. Also they can't work as tails items, they ned to be part of a bottom mesh if you want to do that.

There is a way to add a tail during animations without touching any of the sim rig while still being attached to it, which is something I know how to deal with. However, it's a bit tedious, need scripts, S4S & blender knowledge, and maths. It's a workaround with that 180 bones limit.

I personally recommend you to just create a rigged prop object as someone mentionned above, which is easier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2022 at 2:27 PM, Khlas said:

Making a rigged tail imply adding bones or replacing some bones. The current rig already reached the bones a rig can have (180), and removing or replacing further bones will break animations. Also they can't work as tails items, they ned to be part of a bottom mesh if you want to do that.

There is a way to add a tail during animations without touching any of the sim rig while still being attached to it, which is something I know how to deal with. However, it's a bit tedious, need scripts, S4S & blender knowledge, and maths. It's a workaround with that 180 bones limit.

I personally recommend you to just create a rigged prop object as someone mentionned above, which is easier.

Ah damn, didn't know about the bone limit. I was hoping to be able to make default replacement animations as well as the sex ones, which is why I wasn't going to prop object route, but looks like that won't be a thing. Thanks for the help/advice regardless