So, ignoring all of the debate with WW rn...

Does the base mod still work? And more importantly, does the game actually run for most people with HSY now ? lol

I really have barely been keeping up with everything but I just want to know if I'll be able to like, even enter my game (it's updated to whatever the newest patch is for the Sims I think and I'm pretty sure I have the newest update for WW as well [Aug 10th]) and/or gallery without it completely falling apart. If everything is still functional for most users then I'll just go in and see what my game looks like rn, but last time I tried to log in (i think maybe the day of HSY dropping) my game literally refused to run entirely when I tried to enter a new game with a new sim in a new household. I can't remember what it said exactly but it didn't even let me enter actual gameplay.

I hope that the current version of WW still works as well even with the scrapped feature, I heard some scary things about the mod author adding intentionally malicious or broken files so that people would update their game to the newest version? From what I understand that actually happened to an extent, but is it still in there?

The last time I've touched the game was, again the day HSY dropped and after that I haven't even opened it. Wanted to wait until more patches, mod fixes, etc.

Mostly just asking this since I've heard some people have been having a lot of issues with it but I don't know if that still applies by now

Just to be sure.  I visited this site today to confirm, since things were waaay out of whack when I last tried to play about 2-3 weeks ago.  Then, there were WW updates coming out, but the new EA updates had apparently broken the game (people aging up mysteriously and even dying, vanilla whims not functioning, etc.).  And people were waiting on a NISA update.

So can anyone confirm that  the latest WW + Basemental + NISA are all working OK on the fully updated Sims 4 now?  (Yes, I've heard there are changes regarding teens, which make sense.)

Thanks!

Edited by BobMoo16

(Deleted original, long, troubleshooting post and replaced it with: )

Sorry!  My bad.  I had failed to replace a critical component (newest WW itself, v 170k) somehow.  User error, me.  Sorry to waste anyone's time.

(FWIW, I would recommend everyone update MCCC if you haven't already, because it was so old and broken it did not even appear in my current game.)

Edited by BobMoo16

S4S 3.1.6.3 brings batch patches to fix CC beds (because they are modified bines for pillow fight apparently) and CC clothes (which can potentially break saves because of 64bits data trying to be saved into 32bits spaces of something like that...)