Anyone stubborn enough to refuse to play?

Mordyn

Are you waiting to play the game?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you waiting to play the game?

• yes, I want some patches!
    • yes, I want the modding tool!
    • yes, I want some gameplay change mods!
    • yes, I want a leveling mod!
    • yes, I want a body/clothes/armors mod!
    • yes, I want adult mods ;)
    • yes, I'm waiting a new hardware to be able to play the game in good conditions!
    • yes, and here is the reason: [post in the thread]
    • no, I play it as it is
    • no, I would have even finished the game if beta was open!

Hello,

When any PC game is out, I usually wait until some patches are out to have a better gaming experience, and this time is the same, although more difficult to "stay outside":

I'm waiting mainly to these 3 things before beginning to play the game:

-A Skyrim modding tool

-At least 2 or 3 (un)official patches

-A fix to change the leveling mechanism (which makes it static --> for example Dragons have to be really tough, and not sometime be killed by another animal, as I saw in a video)

And in option, as I don't wait particularly for them to begin playing but would be glad if they are out:

-Some texture enhancements mod

-Gameplay enhancements for the unavoidable problems

-Interface enhancement mod

-Body mods (DMRA FTW! :cool: )

Just wanted to know if I'm the only one crazy enough to wait for "something more" in order to play, or if there are people who share my thoughts :angel:

Furthermore, this time I am "forced" to wait until the end of the month, because of a technical problem in my pc, but after, it would be more and more difficult to not play that seemingly great game!

Fortunately, there are a lot of great game I have to finish ^^

Played the intro, which I hadn't planned to. Liked some things (it's pretty), but found the new interface awkward and couldn't figure out magic or the inventory system with the level of work I was willing to put into it.

I have a few months worth of Oblivion mods I haven't played yet, most importantly CLS3. After they're done, I'll give it another try. Hopefully it'll be patched by then.

Don't have the hard ware to run it yet, and the HDD crisis mean I won't for a while (was palying oblivion with oldblivion).

Even if I had said hardware, I would not play it without a ui mod:skyrim got a huge case of "oh shiny" for shiny sake, I would have prefered an option to examine and see the item in 3d then while keeping a good pc ui rather than the xbox list I've seen in the streams.

Some of the developer choice concerning perks also seems pant on head retarded to me, to cite a few: magic skill level doesn't affect the power of the spells, heavy armor being better for thief and light for warrior(tales of the silent iron can, yeah right), hand to hand being part of the heavy armor(when medievals unarmored martial arts existed to battle in leather clothes at best) or the downgrade of the character customization.(sure I didn't expect something equal to bp2ch but still, It's inferior to oblivion).

It is overall easier to use and get into, yes but too much depth was lost for me.

I will need some mod to enjoy skyrim, as I needed to for oblivion.

Got to finish the official quest of oblivion too...never even started that shivering island.

I know how you feel, OP. Dragons are so anticlimactically easy right now. I'm playing an imperial right now with no weapons, magic, or stealth and punching all of the dragons to death.

In "difficult" fights I might even need to shield bash.

I kind of don't want to play until dragons are as scary and deadly as they should be. But I guess I'll keep playing my silly dragon puncher so that I at least know enough about skyrim to mod it.

Playing it as is. No reason not too. No point in waiting for mods. As I see it, it took years for Oblivion to get where it is today, even without looking at Lovers and other adult mods. Just look how long it took to get a high quality nude mod. No point in waiting for them.

It seems I'm not the only one :)

In the meantime, I'll finish at last my perfect Oblivion installation. And BTW I just finished Portal 2, and all I can say is that this game is truly a gem! ("space space space space!" /game-joke ^^)

@Kodiak

This time I expect it to be way quicker: no real revolution in the engine, so people are more or less already used to it. I read a lot of modders talking about how similar to FNV this engine looks.

Not talking about one of the biggest game modding community.

At least I think we can expect something about common non-Adult "essential" mods: patchs (Quarn + Kivan will work on it) + annoying interface (I heard Darn is willing to do it)+ Textures mods (that has already begun)

What everyone expects to begin is the modding tool...

I actually like to play the vanilla version of a game before I start with mods. There is a very big chance that once you start adding mods to your game you just keep doing that instead of playing. I haven't played Oblivion for years. I just added more and more mods to it.

I know how you feel' date=' OP. Dragons are so anticlimactically easy right now. I'm playing an imperial right now with no weapons, magic, or stealth and punching all of the dragons to death.

In "difficult" fights I might even need to shield bash.

I kind of don't want to play until dragons are as scary and deadly as they should be. But I guess I'll keep playing my silly dragon puncher so that I at least know enough about skyrim to mod it.

[/quote']

Health potions are the problem here imo. You can drink as many as you want instantly, rendering you more or less invulnerable if you have enough potions, unless you are killed in one blow. However, I don't find as many potions anymore as I did in the beginning of the game so the difficulty has gone up a few levels. Having to channel or cast a restoration spell in the mid of a battle is an entire different thing than opening the inventory and drink as many potions as you want.

So if you really want a challenge don't use health potions. Or just restrict yourself to one potion per fight.

Archived