RRR06 Randolph Safehouse Not Starting

I’m trying to troubleshoot an issue with mission RRR06 (Randolph Safehouse) not triggering. I think it may be something to do with Sexual Harassment interfering with the dialogue with Drummer Boy but switching off the mod in the MCM still displays the same behaviour, so I’m not convinced as yet (Drummer Boy no longer offers the mission).

I need to pinpoint what triggers the mission but looking at the two associated scripts (QF_RRR06_001845F7.psc and RRR06Script.psc) I can’t see anything there and looking through the mission in CK I can’t see there either what should trigger it to start.

From memory it normally starts after Mercer Safehouse (or the first Jackpot mission)but my memory could be defective so is someone able to confirm if it is.

In the testing I’ve done I can manually start the mission by setting the early stages (0, 50, 75, 100) early in the game. I recovered some older saves from backup images and from what I can see it will manually start until the Memory Interrupted quest is completed then RRR06 simply won’t start with sqs rrr06 reporting the mission stopped rather than current stage. Startquest rrr06 does not work either once Memory Interrupted has completed

From the scripts the only condition for it locking out is if the pc has been kicked out of the Railroad and as that is clearly not the case I’m rather at a loss. It’s not a biggie but I’m curious now, I’ve starting a new game and intend to test it step by step once I start the Railroad.

So in short if anyone can answer the following I’d be grateful:
1/ What is the actual trigger for RRR06
2/ When should it trigger
3/ Why does completing Memory Interrupted stop the quest from firing

Many thanks

Edited by Slorm

Update - Think I've found the issue and a workaround

One of the things that I noticed in earlier playthroughs was that many of the passing comments from NPC's were missing, for example the guards mentioning that the "Bobov Brothers are looking for me" and others (I had to click on the guard to get the comment).

In this playthrough I has the SH NPC comments set to 0 and the arse slap turned off and the force greet comments were back to normal as in vanilla and I think it is this that caused the dialogue with Drummer Boy to be missed (NPC Comments).

I've a little further to go to test it out but it looks to be the logical culprit. Bear in mind that neither turning off approaches or setting Drummer Boy to fpsh_noteligible 1 will work as the comments routine still work and as corroboration in one of my earlier tests when I clicked on Drummer Boy once he did then offer the first of the Randolph missions.

Workaround is to turn off the comments when picking up Railroad missions or for any missions that need a vanilla dialogue for them to start.

Edited by Slorm

Might be worth reporting this in the SH thread if you haven't already.  Wonder if it can be resolved within SH somehow because this is likely to trip folks up as  I think comments are on by default. 

Either way, good find.