When switching physics mods, delete .ini files? Need to run Bodyslide again?

Basically what the title line asks.  If I change my physics mod, should I wipe my .ini folder and start over?  Also, will I need to run Bodyslide again to get the clothing and armors to move right?  Thanks in advance for any wisdom you guys can share.

Your question is too vague to give a proper answer, amenshawn, as there are several different types of breast (and butt, belly and thigh) physics in Fallout 4, just like there are several types of bodies. You'll need to investigate what files trigger your old physics and which the new to decide. Some forms of physics (particularly the old pre-ZEX pre-OCBP/OCBPC) don't even use ini files.

7 hours ago, amenshawn said:

Basically what the title line asks.  If I change my physics mod, should I wipe my .ini folder and start over?  Also, will I need to run Bodyslide again to get the clothing and armors to move right?  Thanks in advance for any wisdom you guys can share.

Fallout4.ini, FalloutPrefs.ini, FalloutCustom.ini

NO

Running Bodyslide again will be most certainly YES........

HOWEVER!!!

Assuming you really have changed to another physics format, you would also have to have the Bodyslide files needed for the new physics system you are changing over too.

ALSO,

There are going to be Bodyslides files you will not have to export again, such as non-physics format files....Mostly Vanilla Armor stuff.

IF changing from say, OCBP over to OCBPC.....These armor's will not be compatible because one uses ZEX skeleton and the other uses "CBBE Knee Skeleton"

Trying to use both will result in models behaving extremely odd, no there is no compromise here and yes you will see it right away, it is not something that is un-noticable.

AND yes, somebody could make the physics systems work alongside each other and NO IT WONT HAPPEN because people that have that knowledge dont feel like using a seperate skeleton file folder path, or seperating the physics INI files to make that happen.

Just answering pre-emptively because this question always comes up from someone somewhere at some time.

Non-physics armors are always going to be compatible with everything.

CBP, OCBP, OCBPC all have their own physics ini files and no wont work well with mix and match that end-user would like.

YES I know you can get away with it in SkyrimSE but hey, Skyrim Mod Authors are just better'er'er than Fo4 mod authors sorry its just how it is.

The whole physics issue in Fo4 would never fly in TES modding scene, someone would have already figured out how to make it all work together and put an end to that non-sense.

Edited by Gameplayer
4 hours ago, Gameplayer said:

IF changing from say, OCBP over to OCBPC.....These armor's will not be compatible because one uses ZEX skeleton and the other uses "CBBE Knee Skeleton"

I would just like to mention that both OCBP and OCBPC are ZEX skeleton. If CBBE (with "knee fix") also adapted to OCBPC after ZEX already had it, that's part of why I mentioned there are so many versions of fallout 4 physics.

Also, for instance, if the old physics was OCBP (with ZEX) and if the new physics is OCBPC (with ZEX) then the body slide files do not need to be rebuilt as the meshes already all have the needed bones. But again, the original post did not even specify what body is used and what the old and new physics are :)