Custom skin on PC only?

I've been recently trying to make a custom skin for my characters where they look all muddy and dirty as if they have been through a rough adventure. The problem is that all females in the game begin to look dirty and grimy too when I only want my PC to look like that.

Is there a way to make the skin only appear on my character and not have it affect other female NPCs?

2013_07_14_00006.jpg

2013_07_14_00007.jpg

2013_07_14_00008.jpg

2013_07_14_00010.jpg

I'd like to know this too as it would solve the problem of my game slowing down with too many 4k textured females on screen xD 

Although thinking about it now, using a custom race would do this no? I personally never used custom races so I don't know firsthand.

Theres a very simple solution similar to what i do what my player character versions of popular companions.

Make a copy in creationkit of the defaultfemaleskin, then just change its texture paths, then open your race in CK change the skin type from defaultfemaleskin to "your new skin"

viola easy.

Theres a very simple solution similar to what i do what my player character versions of popular companions.

Make a copy in creationkit of the defaultfemaleskin, then just change its texture paths, then open your race in CK change the skin type from defaultfemaleskin to "your new skin"

viola easy.

^ this :D

viola easy.

Hmm, I'll try that. I just don't like to deal with everything that comes with managing custom races and their compatibilities.

viola easy.

Hmm, I'll try that. I just don't like to deal with everything that comes with managing custom races and their compatibilities.

There is no need to mess with the compatibilities, and custom races, your just making a new skin layout for your custom texture, dont like what you made? you can just select the old defaultskinfemale.

Or if your using lets say vanilla races? nords orcs and others. There is no freaking way to make your character unique without vanilla npcs also having the effect. There is a bypass though, duplicated the vanilla race and change the name of the race change the defaultfemaleskin of the race and viola you have a custom nord(or whatever vanilla race you wish to replicate) player only race.

viola easy.

Any advice on how to go about copying defaultfemaleskin in the CK? I tried searching for it, but I can't find it :(

178235472653481.png

To edit texture:

pbgo.jpg

This is the vanilla texture; for a custom race, you'll have to find the one used by the race you're using.

Question to others:

I've experimented with assigning a custom body with an assigned custom texture to the PC via the player entry for some time now, as it allows one to use the vanilla races and still maintain unique textures for the PC. The reason why I chose to try it this way is because I want to hear the little racial dialogue there is in the game (e.g., Hadvar's comment on your homeland after chargen).

Unfortunately, it seems that using a custom body for the PC only tends to mess up werewolf transformations (invisible werewolf). Might be the same for vampire lords - I don't play vampires, so no idea if that happens as well. In any case, has anyone else experienced this, and if yes, found a workaround for it? Or is using a custom race the only way to avoid the problem?

Archived