Make a Race use a different Race

So I've been asking around for assistance with changing the Dunmer to Drow, but alas, have had no luck.

So what I want to do, is change the Dunmer race, to use the Drow race.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12954-drow-race-unofficial-dawnguard-edition-v241-april-19th/

I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing this (well except for changing every single npc one by one which could take forever with NPC Editor). But I know there is a way to change an entire race to use a different race by default.

But I'm completely dumfounded on how to do it. Is this something I'll have to do in the CK? And if so, is there anything I should know before attempting this? I'm a newb to the CK, and don't want to destroy my game trying this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Are you just wanting them to look like Drow, or do you want them to have the racial benefits and whatnot as well? Getting them to just look like the drow should be much easier. All you'd have to do would be replace the meshes and textures of the dunmer race with those from the drow race assuming the files use the same naming conventions such as femalebody_1.nif and femalehead.dds. Make sure you back up your dark elf folder before doing this though.

The CK method would be either changing every NPC to a drow or changing the darkelfrace to match the drow settings manually. There's no way to change every character to a different race with a simple click.

You can try this:

Create a folder data/textures/actors/character/darkelfmale

The same with darkelffemale and put the drow race textures there (maybe you'll have to check the meshes folder too).

You can try this way, if it doesn't work, you just have to delete the folders, and see if there's an other way to do it.

edit: too slow :)

I tried just adding the drow files to the texture folder for darkelffemale, and it did nothing. No changes in game.

I'm not really concerned with racial abilities and such, just want them to use the same appearance as the Drow race. Meshes and Textures.

Kind of like how Children of the Sky changes all the Children races to use the Children of the Sky race. Or how the Dagi-Raht changes all Khajiit to use the Dagi-Raht race. I just want the Dunmer race to use the Drow race so all Dunmer will be Drow instead.

hi SpyderArachnid!
it can not work because all vanilla - races in file meshes (meshes \ actors \ character \ character assets) Use!
so it is with the textures (textures \ actors \ character \ female), when you change these files, then all vanilla - changed races!

Archived