[Solved] PC's belly inflation doesn't update until her armor is equipped

Just what it says in the title, but to provide a little more context:

My PC is a Nord Vampire. SLIF/Fill Her Up were working perfectly well for the first 200 or so hours of this save, but I noticed the issue after the last dungeon I finished. She'd just killed a dragon in Dawnstar, and after the ensuing orgy (courtesy of Eager NPCs), I noticed that her belly hadn't been inflated at all by the four guards who were gangbanging her. At least not until the sexlab animation ended and her armor was re-quipped, at which point she went from having a perfectly flat tummy to hyper-preg. After a bit of testing, I can say that this sudden update to her belly node happens whether the armor is equipped or unequipped, so I can safely say the problem isn't a difference in inflation compatibility between the nude body and the armor body.

I also verified that the belly node inflates properly for NPCs. They don't need to switch armor for the update to occur.

I don't know exactly what caused the issue, but I have a theory. Not too far back, I wanted to change my vampire's hairstyle. As you might know, you can only do that by using the console to change back to a non-vampire, then using the showracemenu to make the change, and then using the console a second time to make them a vampire again. I think SLIF may have gotten messed up somehow when I changed the PC's race.

I'm just hoping that somebody has seen this problem before and knows how to fix it! Any ideas would be appreciated. :x

[Solved]

Even though no-one responded, I figured I should update this post with the solution I found. It's... kinda weird, and I don't understand how or why this happened, but my vampire can get properly inflated again so I'm not going to complain.

I had decided to make a new character to see if the problem carried over into a new save. Figured if it did, the issue was probably something outside the game. First thing I noticed was that none of the body sliders for adjusting her tiddies were working on the character creation screen. Not a good sign. Lo and behold, after the new girl was raped by a trio of giants she didn't inflate at all. Until I put on her armor, and she immediately swelled up like she was carrying a whole-ass mammoth in her belly.

It is important to note that I had only quit to the main menu before making that new character. Afterwards, on a whim, I decided to try again. This time, I exited the game completely and restarted it. Created a new character again, did the set up, went out and got her raped by giants. To my surprise, this time she gradually swelled up over the course o' the coitus. Why? I don't know. But I figured that if the bugged inflation carried over from my original save into a new save, maybe the functional inflation would carry over to my old save. So I quit to the main menu, and then loaded up my vampire girl's most recent save. One more suicide rush into a giant camp later, I was able to confirm that inflation was working again!

So, here's the step-by-step to fix this problem if it happens to you:

1. Save your game.
  2. Exit all the way to the desktop.
  3. Restart Skyrim.
  4. Make a new game.
  5. (Optional) Activate Sexlab, and go test to see whether inflation is working.
  6. Save the game. Make sure you don't override the save you were trying to fix!
  7. Exit to the Main Menu.
  8. Load the save you want to fix. Inflation should now be functioning correctly.

And that's it! Simple solution, and no idea why it works. My guess is ghosts.

Edited by shar181
  • shar181 changed the title to [Solved] PC's belly inflation doesn't update until her armor is equipped
  • 1 year later...