Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Mods

1 hour ago, XeLuig said:

Well, I've been playing for a decent amount of time maybe an hour or 2 after verifying file integrity and it hasn't crashed yet. So ignore what I said it seems that verifying file integrity may fix the errors involving something that fails to load. 

1668136374_Screenshot(735).png.a829506e55c37b5e600e17dc33fa9d44.png

Final post I'm going to make about the crashing involving files failing to load. The game did crash later but with this pop-up instead of any of the other type. I can at least say the game seems more stable after verifying file integrity since it did not crash as often as it did before. 

2 hours ago, XeLuig said:

Well, I've been playing for a decent amount of time maybe an hour or 2 after verifying file integrity and it hasn't crashed yet. So ignore what I said it seems that verifying file integrity may fix the errors involving something that fails to load. 

Strange. I haven’t played it yet so I’ll see when I get a chance to. I’m not familiar with this company that did the port for Falcom either.

In regards to animations, all the nude models have issues, I forcibly shoved a mod meant for Hajimari no Kiseki into the game. The polygon count is much higher; even when I edit all the weights by hand, there are too many extra vertices on edges of the nude mods that the engine doesn’t know what to do with (especially the neck but also the wrists). Also, the old Vita engine has problems, the way it joins and manipulates meshes makes model replacement a nightmare. (Not to mention the animations are already kind of janky). Finally, the bone structures are actually different between TX+ and CS3/CS4/Hajimari.

Anyway, I’m not going to fix further issues (unless they’re glaring and/or break the game), I’m not a graphic artist and I don’t have the motivation to do any more. My goal was always to make a useable mod, which I think I achieved. Now it’s someone else’s turn to build on it!

12 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

Strange. I haven’t played it yet so I’ll see when I get a chance to. I’m not familiar with this company that did the port for Falcom either.

In regards to animations, all the nude models have issues, I forcibly shoved a mod meant for Hajimari no Kiseki into the game. The polygon count is much higher; even when I edit all the weights by hand, there are too many extra vertices on edges of the nude mods that the engine doesn’t know what to do with (especially the neck but also the wrists). Also, the old Vita engine has problems, the way it joins and manipulates meshes makes model replacement a nightmare. (Not to mention the animations are already kind of janky). Finally, the bone structures are actually different between TX+ and CS3/CS4/Hajimari.

Anyway, I’m not going to fix further issues (unless they’re glaring and/or break the game), I’m not a graphic artist and I don’t have the motivation to do any more. My goal was always to make a useable mod, which I think I achieved. Now it’s someone else’s turn to build on it!

Yeah, I know that there was likely going to be issued based on what you said before but oddly only Asuka's has issues from what I've seen. And the fact it's for the most part fine and only breaks in some cutscenes and X-Strike I just thought was odd. Regardless thank you for the contribution, I'm also not a graphic artist so I wouldn't know how to fix it but I'm sure someone might be able to. 

And to end with some more stuff about the crashes, I think they are just unavoidable when modded. Considering how this will consistently happen regardless of what you try. It's most likely just due to it being localized by a different company but I wouldn't know. And after this playthrough I likely won't be touching the game again since I'll have gotten all the achievements but it's always great to see people having interest in lesser talked about games and the mods were nice to have during these playthroughs. 

So once again thank you for your contributions.

2 hours ago, XeLuig said:

1668136374_Screenshot(735).png.a829506e55c37b5e600e17dc33fa9d44.png

Final post I'm going to make about the crashing involving files failing to load. The game did crash later but with this pop-up instead of any of the other type. I can at least say the game seems more stable after verifying file integrity since it did not crash as often as it did before. 

This one I’ve gotten before, usually when trying to force quit the game or doing other things outside of what the game expects (usually directly editing memory with cheat engine haha). I’ve read that the game is finicky with drivers. And honestly I find that 3DMigoto does worsen stability (CS4 ALWAYS crashes on exit for me) but I just put up with it. I’ve stripped down the config a lot from the build

we all used to use (made for DOAXVV) to improve stability but realistically mesh replacement is just resource heavy and messes a lot with VRAM. I’m shoving a model that’s 6x the size of the original model directly into video memory.

Edited by amorrow28
16 minutes ago, XeLuig said:

Yeah, I know that there was likely going to be issued based on what you said before but oddly only Asuka's has issues from what I've seen. And the fact it's for the most part fine and only breaks in some cutscenes and X-Strike I just thought was odd. Regardless thank you for the contribution, I'm also not a graphic artist so I wouldn't know how to fix it but I'm sure someone might be able to. 

And to end with some more stuff about the crashes, I think they are just unavoidable when modded. Considering how this will consistently happen regardless of what you try. It's most likely just due to it being localized by a different company but I wouldn't know. And after this playthrough I likely won't be touching the game again since I'll have gotten all the achievements but it's always great to see people having interest in lesser talked about games and the mods were nice to have during these playthroughs. 

So once again thank you for your contributions.

You have no idea how many times I’ve remade Asuka. ? But when I play the game and can see the issues for myself, I’ll see if I can come up with some solutions.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:23 PM, Whayameen said:

@amorrow28 Ok, that name was cheesy enough to make me give it a try, but the reality is that there isn't much I can do that the Character Viewer can't. It even has attack animations so you can get any angle you want from there. I could just screenshot the girls that way, but I don't find that as as appealing as what I was doing with the Kiseki screens. Also, another key component that I'm missing is the Force Pause button, without it I would have a much harder time getting the screens I want. You truly never realize the value of something until it's gone :pensive:

So, I'm sorry if that's dissapointing, but sadly there won't be a Tokyo Screenadu eX+ (from me anyway). Please accept this little edit of your best girl as an apology:

TowavsawoT.png.75014bca500820ca0fcce174084f3ec5.png

(...this looked better in my head.)

Free camera!  Using the movement algorithm from Cyber's CS4 script.

I actually made this script before my Hajimari script, but sadly this one lacks most of the functionality.  It's due to the way I ported the functions I was able to port in Hajimari, by doing byte by byte comparisons (Array of Byte or AOB scanning to be precise).  I couldn't that in TXe, since the game is 32-bit, so all the registers are different and thus all the machine code is different.

Still, it's useable.

NEW VERSION 1.1: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3856741

Version 1.0a: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3817785

Version 1.0: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3814438

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Camera.ct - OBSOLETE

How to use:

(Taken from Cyber's script page)

Free Camera
Hotkey : Num 0 (Toggle On/Off)

After activating the script player can use the following hotkeys
Num 8 : Forward
Num 5 : Backward
Num 4 : Left
Num 6 : Right
Num 8/Num 4 : Forward/Left
Num 8/Num 6 : Forward/Right
Num 5/Num 4 : Backward/Left
Num 5/Num 6 : Backward/Right
Num - : Up
Num + : Down

Arrow Up : Tilt Up
Arrow Down : Tilt Down
Arrow Right : Pan Right
Arrow Left : Pan Left
Num 9 : Roll Right
Num 7 : Roll Left
Num 3 : Set Roll to 0

Hold down F1 for slow, F2 for fast, F3 for very fast.

Edited by amorrow28

asuka_fix.png.2e7b6761f735c79592b3d1a43edd3696.png

Small update, I fixed Asuka's chest, special thank you to @XeLuig who pointed out the issue.  I'm going to admit here that I had no idea what you were talking about, and I thought you were talking about a different (and much more difficult to notice) issue.  Now that I finally started playing this game, I saw the issue quickly (assuming this was the problem you saw).  The only way I was able to "fix" the issue was to use a completely different donor model, so she is remade from stratch and her body shape is a little different as a result.  Hopefully the one I picked is not too different (although her breasts are a bit bigger now).

Improved nude texture can be downloaded here.

TXe_UnSkirtMod_v1.2b_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z

Press F1 for help, and F2 to turn the mod on and off.

If you have issues with the controller, try:

STEP 1: Turning off Steam Overlay.

Spoiler

controller1.png.58b79ba1919ec7d72ba564942a1e6149.png

STEP 2: Disabling Steam Input.

Spoiler

controller2.png.817da10b69b001889d79d04caef653a1.png

As always, to use the nude mods, you will need the "School Swimsuit" item, and to use the towel mod you will need the "Hot Spring Wear" item.  You can get both via NG+ / Cheat Engine - links here:

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28
8 minutes ago, amorrow28 said:

Small update, I fixed Asuka's chest, special thank you to @XeLuig who pointed out the issue.  I'm going to admit here that I had no idea what you were talking about, and I thought you were talking about a different (and much more difficult to notice) issue.  Now that I finally started playing this game, I saw the issue quickly (assuming this was the problem you saw).

TXe_UnSkirtMod_v1.2b_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 5.2 MB · 1 download

The only way I was able to "fix" the issue was to use a completely different donor model, so she is remade from stratch and her body shape is a little different as a result.  Hopefully the one I picked is not too different (although her breasts are a bit bigger now).

As always, to use the nude mods, you will need the "School Swimsuit" item, and to use the towel mod you will need the "Hot Spring Wear" item.  You can get both via NG+ / Cheat Engine - links here:

Yeah, that was the issue. Very evident within some cutscenes and X-Strike. Probably should have taken a screenshot but I just didn't and it certainly would have made it easier to explain the issue.

TXe_freecamera.png.ada2e59c09b8542690db2ee2482de4c9.png

Here is an update to my camera script.

NEW VERSION 1.1: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3856741

Version 1.0a: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3817785

Version 1.0: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/191860-tokyo-xanadu-ex-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3814438

New features:

• Tilt unlock!  (Free camera more useful)
  • Disable dialogue
  • Hide minimap*
  • Freeze animations* (F5 = on, F6 = off)

*These are mostly useless, but are part of my research into the game code.  I'm hoping to turn hide minimap into hide HUD, and to turn freeze animations into pause game.  So far I've spent a LOT of time trying to achieve these two things, with pretty much zero success.  I've also had zero luck unlocking camera angle adjustments during dialogue scenes, although it seems you can already change the angle of the camera during most cutscenes anyway.

How to use:

Free Camera (Be sure to activate "Camera Status" first, you may also want to activate "Unlock Tilt")

EDIT: Well, ok, freeze animation might not be completely useless...

Spoiler

123433371_2022-07-1616_18_18-Window.png.c171949adeadb0e1caab80b7dcaea384.png

Edited by amorrow28
On 7/16/2022 at 2:00 AM, amorrow28 said:

Small update, I fixed Asuka's chest, special thank you to @XeLuig who pointed out the issue.  I'm going to admit here that I had no idea what you were talking about, and I thought you were talking about a different (and much more difficult to notice) issue.  Now that I finally started playing this game, I saw the issue quickly (assuming this was the problem you saw).

TXe_UnSkirtMod_v1.2b_with_3Dmigoto_1_3_16.7z 5.2 MB · 87 downloads

The only way I was able to "fix" the issue was to use a completely different donor model, so she is remade from stratch and her body shape is a little different as a result.  Hopefully the one I picked is not too different (although her breasts are a bit bigger now).

If you run into this problem again in the future, I found a way to fix this without remaking the entire model. image.png.d856d66b372ef1969e32a31aa54fde33.png

You can see all the vertex weights in edit mode when you click on a vertex. The game requires that they all add up to exactly 1, which you can do automatically with the Normalize button. Select the broken vertices, hit Normalize and they should be fixed. I did this to fix the armpit issues that some of my models had.

You can also safely delete any weights with a value of 0.000 or any weight groups that seem out of place when you view the model in weight paint mode, as long as you hit normalize again after deleting them. This mainly seems to change how the ingame lighting behaves on the vertices. As long as the weights for each vertex add up to 1, nothing should break. 

2 hours ago, coomi said:

If you run into this problem again in the future, I found a way to fix this without remaking the entire model. image.png.d856d66b372ef1969e32a31aa54fde33.png

You can see all the vertex weights in edit mode when you click on a vertex. The game requires that they all add up to exactly 1, which you can do automatically with the Normalize button. Select the broken vertices, hit Normalize and they should be fixed. I did this to fix the armpit issues that some of my models had.

You can also safely delete any weights with a value of 0.000 or any weight groups that seem out of place when you view the model in weight paint mode, as long as you hit normalize again after deleting them. This mainly seems to change how the ingame lighting behaves on the vertices. As long as the weights for each vertex add up to 1, nothing should break. 

Actually the first thing I tried was Normalize All, which didn’t fix the issue. I suspect that perhaps it was the redundant groups, but your models have way too many vertices to check manually. It was easier to just port a different girl. ?

asuka_ex.png.5f046e2f3b4fe1f7cf3818bc121ee46b.png

I FINISHED THE CAMERA SCRIPT!!!!! ?

Wow that was difficult.  I have no idea if anyone will ever appreciate this as much as me.  (But that's fine, I do this for me, haha.)

Full feature list:

• Force Pause Animation - F5 to turn on, F6 to turn off - this completely pauses the game! For some reason it also removes the HUD but leaves the minimap - use hide minimap to get a true photo mode.
    • Unlock camera during pause - F7 to toggle.  This frees the camera, allowing use of free camera (without free camera you're just rotating around the character).  Certain animations (like sword flourishes) will still proceed with despite force pause when this is turned on, as will game-initiated camera angle changes.  I cannot help this; the function that frees the camera for movement is the same function that lets these things proceed.
  • Disable Dialogue - exactly what it says, dialogue disappears.  If there is already a speech bubble when you activate it, it will disappear on the next bubble.
  • Hide HUD/Minimap - When minimap disappears, it will not reappear until you go into the menu and come back out (quirk of the hack).
  • Unlock tilt - look up and down from 89 to -89 degrees.
  • Free camera - press 0 to activate (please turn on "camera status" first!).  See instructions below on how to navigate.
    • Unlock pan/tilt during dialogue - normally you can't manipulate the camera angle in a dialogue; this re-enables camera angle manipulation.  Leave off except when you want to look around during a dialogue or cutscene, because it disables the game from being able to dynamically change angles.

Same as before, here are instructions on the free camera feature, which I adapted from Cyber's code.  (For TXe, the free camera script is the ONLY thing I adapted from his CS4 script.  Every other feature is mine.)

Free Camera (Be sure to activate "Camera Status" first, you may also want to activate "Unlock Tilt")

Enjoy!

Bonus picture, which I call "Not the face!"

Spoiler

nottheface.png.77bc51876acfb441772bf7ad7820d0d2.png

Edited by amorrow28

Ok yeah I don't know why I would ever say I finished something.  Here's an update to the camera script.

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Camera.ct- OBSOLETE

New features:

• Adjust the field of view (FOV)
  • Decrease the minimum Z

Adjusting the FOV:  I thought this was impossible, because I have no idea how to find this since you cannot change it in-game.  But Cyber was able to find it in CS4, which gave me a big clue - there is a value inside the camera data structure.  So I opened the memory region and started randomly changing numbers.  Luckily the game did not crash, and I found FOV!  (The setting is inside "Camera Coordinates" - I included "zoom 1" and "zoom 2" since both values are in every game, but I think zoom 2 is the one you want to change.)

Decrease the minimum Z:  There is a function that stops the camera from going any lower than waist-height.  This changes the limit to just above the floor, or even lower if you check the "Aggressive" box.  (One of my favorite features from Cyber's CS3 script.)

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28
  • 1 month later...

sora_txe.png.4289db45eaf8ad51f55921fdca4541dc.png

Here is an update to the camera script.

Tokyo Xanadu eX+ Camera v1.1.ct

New features:

• Free camera can now be immediately activated upon loading the script (no need to turn on "camera status" to get coordinates) and more gracefully handles quitting the game while enabled
  • Force pause rewritten (much more responsive as game engine now monitoring instead of cheat engine).  Be sure to enable the cheat before using.
  • Min Z improved (now customizable depth multiplier, old setting 1.0, old "aggressive mode" is 2.0, new default set to 1.5)
  • FOV now adjustable via hot keys (Home/End, enable with F4).

How to use:

This is a cheat table for use with Cheat Engine (link).  Cheat engine comes with a bunch of garbage apps, please read VERY CAREFULLY when installing and do not install the extra apps!  (You can also get cheat engine without adware via Dark Byte's Patreon, or by building CE yourself from source code using Lazarus.)  If you've never used Cheat Engine, I put basic instructions on loading a table here in the Kuro no Kiseki thread.

Features:

• Force Pause Animation - F5 to turn on, F6 to turn off - this completely pauses the game! Check the box before trying to use. For some reason it also removes the HUD but leaves the minimap - use hide minimap to get a true photo mode.
  • Unlock camera during pause - F7 to toggle. This frees the camera, allowing use of free camera (without free camera you're just rotating around the character). Certain animations (like sword flourishes) will still proceed with despite force pause when this is turned on, as will game-initiated camera angle changes. I cannot help this; the function that frees the camera for movement is the same function that lets these things proceed.
  • Disable Dialogue - exactly what it says, dialogue disappears. If there is already a speech bubble when you activate it, it will disappear on the next bubble.
  • Hide HUD/Minimap - When minimap disappears, it will not reappear until you go into the menu and come back out (quirk of the hack).
  • Unlock tilt - look up and down from 89 to -89 degrees.
  • Decrease min Z - Normally the camera restricts movement to waist high. This, uhh, lowers the limit.
  • Set Custom Field of View - F4 to enable. Press Home to zoom in, End to zoom out.
  • Free Camera - press NumPad 0 to activate. See instructions below on how to navigate.
  • Unlock pan/tilt during dialogue - normally you can't manipulate the camera angle in a dialogue; this re-enables camera angle manipulation. Leave off except when you want to look around during a dialogue or cutscene, because it disables the game from being able to dynamically change angles.
  • Camera coordinates - mostly informational.

Free Camera Controls:

F1 : Decrease Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F2 : Double Camera Speed (Press and Hold)
F3 : Quadruple Camera Speed (Press and Hold)

Enjoy!

Here are all my other free camera scripts:  Trails of Cold Steel (CS) 1, CS2, CS3, Hajimari no Kiseki, Kuro no Kiseki, Kuro no Kiseki 2, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana, Atelier Ryza, Atelier Ryza 2.  I also made a MinZ (*cough* upskirt) script for CS4.

Edited by amorrow28
  • 2 weeks later...

I made a purchase override script for Tokyo Xanadu eX+.  Using the inventory editor to get swimsuits is really awkward, and this cheat engine script should be much easier to use.

TXe_purchase_override.CT

Please use my instructions in the Cold Steel 1/2 thread on how to use this cheat engine table.  For the nude mod, you are looking for "School Swimsuit."  Enjoy!

(I'm not going to lie, I wrote this because I hated collecting the gacha items in the game like the SD Alisa things and the Kogemaru straps, not to mention the crane game.)

EDIT: I developed this on GOG. If someone can confirm it works on Steam, I would appreciate it!

Edited by amorrow28
  • 2 weeks later...

TXe_hotsprings.png.ca003877bd881ea4432927f9e641c16a.png

Ok, this one is for the "immersion" fans, I suppose haha.  I figured out how to inject models into other models in TXe, and put together a package so that the swimsuit can replace the towel model.  This uses a newer version of my injection script that adds support for TXe injection (and probably CS1/CS2 but I haven't tested).  (More info on asset injection here.)

I replaced the upload for even easier install!

TXe_towels_to_swimsuits.7z

Note: this mod replaces the hot spring wear model with school swimsuit model for Asuka, Sora, Mitsuki, Rion, Shiori and Towa; it does not include my nude mod, which you get here.

How to use:

You will need Python 3.  It is available for free download from the Microsoft Store.

Extract TXe_injectmod.7z (above) into your "Tokyo Xanadu eX+" folder.

Run inject_swimsuits_into_towels.bat inside your "Tokyo Xanadu eX+" folder.  It will replace the towel model with the swimsuit model.  That's it, you're done!

To revert, run revert_swimsuits.bat.

Enjoy!

Bonus Picture:

Spoiler

1496824060_2022-09-3017_04_08-TokyoXanadueX.png.d4c91fddf549599e708937431918b538.png

Edited by amorrow28
19 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

TXe_hotsprings.png.ca003877bd881ea4432927f9e641c16a.png

Ok, this one is for the "immersion" fans, I suppose haha.  I figured out how to inject models into other models in TXe, and put together a package so that the swimsuit can replace the towel model.  This uses a newer version of my injection script that adds support for TXe injection (and probably CS1/CS2 but I haven't tested).  (More info on asset injection here.  QuickBMS courtesy of Luigi Auriemma, BMS script courtesy Ekey @ Xentax)

I replaced the upload for easier install, apologies to the 9 initial downloaders.

TXe_injectmod.7z 4.79 MB · 16 downloads

How to use:

Enjoy!

Bonus Picture:

Hide contents

1496824060_2022-09-3017_04_08-TokyoXanadueX.png.d4c91fddf549599e708937431918b538.png

Oh man,you are some wizard with this stuff.Thank you for this.

On 10/1/2022 at 1:06 PM, SirDoge said:

Oh man,you are some wizard with this stuff.Thank you for this.

You're welcome!  One of the Hajimari modders taught me how to do this back when he was on the forum, all credit goes to him.  (He asked me not to credit him by name.)  I just wrote the scripts to automate the whole process.

Anyway, it is now possible to inject any model into any other model, which means that you can replace the default costumes with swimsuits.  You don't really need to do this since I wrote a script that lets you buy swimsuits, but it's a nice option.  It's especially nice since you get some characters really late in the game, so you can't use the nude mod for 80% of the game in some cases.  This way you can see them nude from the beginning.

1184321625_2022-10-0119_08_33-TokyoXanadueX.png.6ba668d9f554987567aaa7b46efe7bd4.png

As always, I do NOT provide support for asset injection, these tools are meant for modders to create their own mods.  That said, at this point many end users have used my tools with success and they are quite safe to use.

NEW VERSION - No longer needs manual extraction!

TXe Injection Files.7z

Here are instructions:

First, here is a spreadsheet with the model codes:

table.csv

Here is a cheat sheet if you don't want to go through the entire spreadsheet to find what you want:

Spoiler

The main girls are:
C_PLY001 - Asuka
C_PLY002 - Sora
C_PLY005 - Mitsuki
C_PLY006 - Rion
C_NPC001 - Shiori
C_NPC006 - Towa

The costumes are:
C_PLYXXX.pkg - School Uniform
C_PLYXXX_C00.pkg - Summer Uniform
C_PLYXXX_C01.pkg - School Swimsuit
C_PLYXXX_C02.pkg - Hot Springs Wear
C_PLYXXX_C03.pkg - Casual Outfit

Asuka’s Omega Drive outfit - C_PLY001_C30/C31 (courtesy @laserbeamgun)

The injection script works identically to CS4, so I'll just copy over the basic instructions here.  (Attachment above, but latest version is always on my github.)  You need to have Python 3 installed, it is a free download from Microsoft Store.

Hide contents

Execute aa - txe inject model.py.  It asks for the source .pkg, then it asks for the target .pkg.  It will push the source into the target.  It will always extract the original file from the asset archive to inject.  This means: 1. As long as you only use my tool instead of editing your own files, your original files are safe, 2. You can do easy swaps (inject A->B and then B->A will result in a swap, because it will always use the original of B to inject), and 3. You can restore the original model by injecting into itself (inject A->B and then B->B will restore B to original, because again it will always use the original of B to inject).  It will never overwrite the assets in the archive, so you can literally do A->B, C->B, D->B, and then B->B and you will still end up with B.

NOTE: The injector expects the target to already exist and will refuse to inject into a new file.  This is to prevent confusing you if you make a spelling mistake (since it wouldn't otherwise cause an error).

Note: This version of the script will automatically extract original models from the assets archives, so there is no danger of overwriting anything that comes with the game.  If you'd like a version that works like my previous upload, you can use the generic kiseki injector script.

Edit: Note: This attachment has an older version of my TXe extraction script.  It works fine for the injection script, but for those who want to use the extraction script to get at the raw files, please consider updating to the latest version which has a few bug fixes and adds ability to dump archives.  The latest version is always at my github.

Enjoy!  Thanks are definitely due to Sewer56, QuickBMS, Ekey @ Xentax.

Edited by amorrow28

I updated my injection script.  It now works 100% like my other scripts, you do not need QuickBMS anymore.  You can just double-click "aa - txe inject model.py" and type in the model you want to inject, and the one you want to replace.  It is just like CS4 and all the other games I've done this for.  It will only extract the files it needs, so no more wasting space on unneeded / unmodified files.  I also replaced the towel injection, the new version is just one double-click!

(In case you are wondering why I did not do it this way from the beginning - I have been working for WEEKS on trying to extract files from these archives.  The algorithm to decompress the data took me many more hours to figure out than anything else in this project.  I gave up, found QuickBMS, and released scripts using it.  Then I had a breakthrough and figured out how to decompress the files.  Because all of my modding is like this...  I never solve a problem until after I give up trying; I do not understand myself at all.  Thanks are definitely due to Sewer56, QuickBMS, Ekey @ Xentax!)

Edited by amorrow28
On 10/2/2022 at 10:29 AM, amorrow28 said:

You're welcome!  One of the Hajimari modders taught me how to do this back when he was on the forum, all credit goes to him.  (He asked me not to credit him by name.)  I just wrote the scripts to automate the whole process.

Anyway, it is now possible to inject any model into any other model, which means that you can replace the default costumes with swimsuits.  You don't really need to do this since I wrote a script that lets you buy swimsuits, but it's a nice option.  It's especially nice since you get some characters really late in the game, so you can't use the nude mod for 80% of the game in some cases.  This way you can see them nude from the beginning.

1184321625_2022-10-0119_08_33-TokyoXanadueX.png.6ba668d9f554987567aaa7b46efe7bd4.png

As always, I do NOT provide support for asset injection, these tools are meant for modders to create their own mods.  That said, at this point many end users have used my tools with success and they are quite safe to use.

NEW VERSION - No longer needs manual extraction!

TXe Injection Files.7z 15.89 kB · 14 downloads

Here are instructions:

Enjoy!  Thanks are definitely due to Sewer56, QuickBMS, Ekey @ Xentax.

What code is Asuka's Omega Drive costume?

8 hours ago, laserbeamgun said:

What code is Asuka's Omega Drive costume?

I do not know. You could extract all her costumes and try them one by one, if the data is not in the spreadsheet. Just double click txe_extract_file.py and type in “C_PLY001_C” without the quotes to extract all her files. (You do not need the files, just the file names. You can delete the files afterwards.)

If you figure it out, please report back and share! I’ll add it to my post and give you credit.

Edited by amorrow28