Sims 3 Custom Animations... Where did they come from???

Often, I stumble across many interesting things while searching for something. Often, the interseting things have absolutely nothing to do with whatever it was I was searching for. 

Well, I gues you can say that I stumbled on an archeological dig of sorts, regarding the origins of TS3 custom animations... and thought to share with anyone interested.

Mod The Sims was... and still is, a place to find many answers to TS3 questions, both for game play help, and for modding help. I have found answers to some of my recent modding questions in threads from as far back as 2010! Cmar, cmomoney, Bloombase, Twallan, Inge Jones and other familiar names are all through those old threads, and it can be fun to follow how they figured out things we take as common today.

So, here is a bit on finding ways to add custom animations to TS3. We wouldn't have woohoo without this stuff!!!

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441783&c=1&ht=&page=1&pp=25#startcomment 

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=420327

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=445678

I read though these and because it involved something I enjoy doing I found it really interesting to see the development process of discovering making and importing animations into the game and the tools they used at those times were very different of the process today.

They went though a lot of testing and discovery to get so far going into the unknown.

13 hours ago, Brisbane Australia said:

I read though these and because it involved something I enjoy doing I found it really interesting to see the development process of discovering making and importing animations into the game and the tools they used at those times were very different of the process today.

They went though a lot of testing and discovery to get so far going into the unknown.

Certain aspects of the history of something a person does, and enjoys, can be a lot of fun to see how others figured things out... so, I share. ))) Old MTS threads hold so much info.

2011 Dec, Cmar introduced the shoe height slider for TS3, to raise Sims wearing height altering shoes. here By 2012 Jan, MarkJS (from S-Club) had found the way of adding resources to the bonedeltas... which is what most, including JoshQ, use today. I stumbled across that a while ago.

I made a bot and wanted to have glowing body parts, but already had 2 mesh groups just for the shiny skin. I needed a 3rd mesh group, but there was no way to just add another... WRONG!!! Bloombase figured it out here back in 2012 Nov! The amazing stuff that went on, on MTS back then is... well, amazing!

Edited by TheLadysGhost