[REQ] Become Ethereal = no clip (tcl)

XunAmarox

Well, I like the idea of being able to become a ghost with the Become Ethereal shout and I think it's kinda silly that we can't walk through walls as a ghost in an ethereal form. So if a mod could add no clip to the become ethereal shout that'd be awesome. Does one exist? If it does I can't find it.

I'm not strong on the scripting side of things so I don't know how to do it myself. I guess whatever line of code that the cloud of bats flying thing or flying vampire lord mods use would probably work if added to it. I don't even know how to edit and compile the scripts though, lol. In all my years of modding Bethesda games I've never touched scripting even once. :P

Personally right now I just open console and do tcl myself but it's kinda immersion breaking.

As a side note, if someone wanted to go about it some super advanced way they could make it so you can only walk through interior doors that don't lead to a loading screen, but that sounds like a lot more work and potentially impossible.

The consept is great... but still in interior/cell you can easily go through walls and sees the ugliest truth...which is there is nothing...or anything beyond those walls..void it is :blush:

come to say it will be overpowered too where you can avoided your enemy with simply hiding in the outherside of the wall or unreachable spot. Perhaps this can be done only on exterior (kinda awkward tho) and definitely going to need a scripter wizard to make that happen.

Nah, it's not really needed in exteriors all that much. I think it would be most useful for interiors for going through doors/gates without having a key or finding levers, etc.

So when used it would somewhat disable the hit detection on door ways so you can just waltz through while the enemy is stuck dumbfounded by the act?

That would be amazing

• 1 month later...

Archived