A beginners guide?

Judgment89

Hello,

I'm new to modding oblivion. I tried to install a mod from here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=2489

Quote from readme:

061Alt SPB Oppai Nurse

Author: A-Type2 (AKA Speed Buster)

ver.1.0

This mod adds a container include some armors modified

from HGEC.

Requirement

===========

Please install a texture set compatible with HGEC,

BBB motion files, and Vipcxj's Real High Heels System

in advance.

========

A container is placed in the front of "The Best Defence".

I have a installed the retail version of oblivion + the expansions + the 1.2.0416 patch.

Things done so far:

1. Install obse_0020

2. Install OBSE plugin: VipCxj's Plugin Collection v3 (I just extracted v3-37075-3-0.7z to oblivion main folder)

3. Install oblivion mod manager.

4. Activate eve_hgec_bodystock_and_clothing_OMOD-24078.omod with the oblivion mod manager.

5. Extract DMRA BBB Total Replacer Complication files to data folder.

6. Extract Vipcxj's real high heels files to data folder

7. Extract 061Alt SPB Oppai Nurse files to oblivion main folder

8. Start oblivion laucher

9. Enter data files and activate DMRA BBB total replacer complication, VipcxjhhTEST, Vipcxj_highheels and spb oppai sensei

10. Exit launcher

11. Start game from obse_loader.exe

The only difference I see in char editor is that the females are more busty than normally.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

What does this mean: "Location A container is placed in the front of "The Best Defence"." ?

Is there a proper tutorial available for beginners? (I couldn't find one)

Ok, got the mods working. After installing desuchans persocoms and requirements: "Requirements: Oblivion patch 1.2.0416, HG EyeCandy Body or EyeCandy Body Replacer (Nude or Clothed), Robert's Male Body Replacer V4 or higher, and KyneTarse's Custom Race Fix OR Unofficial Oblivion Patch.", all is well:) And I didn't realize "the best defence" is an ingame place, where I found the clothes:blush:

A couple of things to take note of:

Extracting every mod straight into your data folder can cause problems. Always extract them somewhere else, check the contents and folder structure and make sure it's not overwriting something you don't want it to (skeletons and skins are sometimes included in mods for no good reason and will mess up your install). Usually best to keep a copy of the zip somewhere safe as well, in case you ever need to reinstall.

If you're still using the launcher to activate mods, you'll run into problems sooner or later. At some point you'll run into incompatibility between mods and you'll need a tool that can change the order in which your mods load. Oblivion mod manager is the simpler choice, but once you get serious about modding the game, Wrye bash is a more powerful tool that also helps installing mods cleanly and has options for solving conflicts. You should read up on them if you intend to add more complex mods and overhauls.

Archived