[Help] gag not showing properly when changing preset

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2022 at 9:10 PM, tenshikan99 said:

Hi.. so i have a small problem when i using my old preset the gag look pretty good but when i download some preset online and use it the gag showing pretty weird. Anyone have any ideal what wrong with it and how can i fix this ?

It happens, because the gag doesn't get morphed to fit the face - not the face from the first preset, not the face from the other presets, not to any face, ever.

It was just a happy coincidence that the gag more or less fit your first preset.

There are only three ways how to morph any kind of headwear to the head.

1.) First method is to create godzillion of TRI morphs for the item, basing the morphs of the character generation head morphs, and convert the item into a "headpart" type of item, for example - a hair.
I did an experiment with that here: (BEWARE, possibly NSFW) https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11046-morphable-carboncats-latex-hoods/

Of course, that is NOT a good solution for a gag, because equipping it would replace the hair on your characters head.

2.) Second method is to use some system that morphs the gag dynamically, based on some predefined presets.
I am using such system for years, and only recently got to a point where i am going to release it, you can see it here: (BEWARE, possibly NSFW) https://www.loverslab.com/topic/102675-racemenu-adjustable-ball-gags/?do=findComment&comment=3748613.
But apart from the fact that i didn't release the mod yet, this is an overkill if the only gag you are interested in, is the basic cloth gag on your screenshot - if that is the case, then i would suggest the third method below.

3.) Third method is to create a BodySlide project for that gag, where you morph the mesh manually in Outfit Studio to fit your character preset's head.

Since it is a cloth gag, morphing it manually in Outfit Studio will be super easy to do, as you can get away with any disproportions, wrinkles, etc.
Then you use BodySlide to build the mesh, to get it into game, and voila.

The only downside is that this method will affect every character in your game - for example, during the intro, Ulfric is wearing this gag (unless the gag on your screenshots is some other gag?), and therefore will use the same mesh that you built for your character preset head, and it may not fit him.

You can create such project for every racemenu preset you want to use, but be aware, whichever BodySlide project you build will affect all saves you have.
So, if you have saves made with character preset 1 requiring your BodySlide project 1, and next to it you have saves using character preset 2 that requires BodySlide project 2, then whichever BodySlide project you buld, will affect the gag mesh in both saves.
So if you want to play your 1st character, you need to build the BodySlide project 1, then start the game and load the save for character 1, and if you later want to keep playing your character 2, then before loading saves of character 2, you need to quit the game and build the BodySlide project for character2, then start game and load a save with character 2, etc.

Edited by Roggvir