Need help making the game realistic dark using ELFX and Darker Dungeons

Hello everyone,

I am recently in the process of finally moving from Oldrim to Special Edition (in the hopes of getting better performance out of my PC) and so am setting up my old mods.

One of my favorites to get a really nice experience was changing light sources and the likes so that I would always need a lightsource on me if there wasnt any (sun, torches, braziers, candles etc.), both inside and outside, so under the open sky, in a house or in a cave alike.

In order to do that for SSE, I went to the following mods and their order:

image.png.57ef74194d58f1882f63d90a03a65ad4.png

And the following plugin order, as created by LOOT:

image.png.a0cef168cd5c3199b19000eb68a0b3c3.png

Now, as you can see I am using Alternate Start as well, and it seems that the darkness as I would like it, worked in the prison cell of Alternate start, but nowhere else.

Could anyone please help me to set up my mods to make this happen? I tried various combinations of the mod order and way to install them through their respective FOMOD installers and can't seem to make it work.

In my Oldrim, I used those two too:

image.png.951ad465b506f7e6df8fcea857c202f8.png

And also Poupouri's ENB "Morning Star" or "First Seed", which unfortunately doesn't seem to exist for SSE. :(

(If anyone is willing to port it, contact me, hopefully we could make it work with the permission of the original author).

Kind Regards,

Stahlvormund101

Edited by Stahlvormund101

I migrated from LE to SE few weeks ago. In theese few weeks i had only one crash. So stability is milion times better.

In terms of performance, on gtx 650 fully modded Skyrim was playable, SE was not, but on gtx 970 fully modded SE have better performance that fully modded LE.

on le i had for some reason 40fps in High Hrothgar interior o.O. SE seems to be better in utilizing your PC.

You can Install Azurite Weathers on top of Cathedral Weathers, to have Azurite with Cathedral MCM. Ofc if you want Azurite at all

If you really want Dark, i recomend ELE for ENB, even without ENB. Dungeons without lights are pitch black, you cant go there without torches. But on the other hand, interiors like houses, inns etc are also waaaaaay too dark. I had to have lantern to fine stairs and bed in Riften Inn.