Is there a simple way to replace Fertility Mode's labor animation with Being Female's?

Being Female's labor animation was basically the only thing it did better than FM, and I'm wondering if there's a way to switch FM's animation with BE's? Any advice is welcome. If there are any other alternate labor animations out there, that would also be an option. Thank you!

It would probably be possible with DAR, I checked the mod really quick and unfortunately FM does not provide it's own animation file. This means you'd have to look at the script source files, find which script is called during the birth sequence, and then find the HKX file that the script calls during birth. Next, you'd have to find the magic effect that FM applies during birth (there are some debug birth magic effects in the ESP, not sure if those are strictly for testing or used live), then I believe you could name the BF HKX file the same name as the one the FM mod references... Make a DAR folder with that file, and a condition file that requires that magic effect in order to play that instead of the original animation.

All that said, I'm not sure how many hkx files FM references, and how many BF uses. Likely more than one, and also likely not the same count, so it may or may not be possible.

I see. That sounds more complicated than I was hoping for. Optimally, just shoving one file into an Override directory would have been basically all I'm qualified to do when it comes to modding. I'm just a stupid end user. xD

Here's a zip of those instructions, if sharing the animations violates a rule, any mod is welcome to take it down.

If you have DAR and Fertility Mode and its tweaks mod installed, it should work. I've not tested it out yet, but will report back when / if it fires off in my game. Thanks @Tortteljoni!

Now I just need to sort out how to add mini creature actor births for FM as well, lol.

696969.zip

Edited by R34x
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2022 at 6:57 PM, R34x said:

Here's a zip of those instructions, if sharing the animations violates a rule, any mod is welcome to take it down.

If you have DAR and Fertility Mode and its tweaks mod installed, it should work. I've not tested it out yet, but will report back when / if it fires off in my game. Thanks @Tortteljoni!

Now I just need to sort out how to add mini creature actor births for FM as well, lol.

696969.zip 46.84 kB · 62 downloads

Hi, I tried this file and the directions in the article, but my character still just cowers.  Did this work for you?

On 11/9/2022 at 1:46 PM, mrtauntaun said:

Hi, I tried this file and the directions in the article, but my character still just cowers.  Did this work for you?

Did you install it as a separate mod or did you place it directly into the correct path? I placed it directly into DAR as indicated by the path in the zip file. Simply place it in Custom Animations where all the rest of the numbered folders are

• 11 months later...