Strange texture problems

RandomUser88

Greetings.

I'm in need of assistance since I'm experiencing a bug/problem that never happened to me before.

Sometimes, the game loads 'fake' low-res textures over the game's normal textures. For example, in the Imperial City, I can't see the city's gates since there's a strange low-res wall over them that turns invisible when I approach the gate, but reappears again if I leave. Same happened to Chorrol at Motierre's house, and in Bravil, houses had extra corners.

The LOD seems to be messed as well since I sometimes see light blue objects in the distance (the White Tower for example). I don't know what might be causing this problem. My guessing is either the Darnified UI, the MiniMap addon, or perhaps the Mad Marker Overhaul. I don't recall installing anything else that affects the LOD. Maybe Reaper's Waterfront?

Since I, uh don't know where to start, maybe I should list the mods I have? Or copy the Oblivion.ini content here?

Since its the actual buildings in the towns being affected, I would check for any mods that change structures. I'm thinking it would have to be a mod that changes all the towns as you said you have noticed oddities in at least 3 different towns. If you have a mod that changes or improves the cities in anyway, deactivate it and load up your game. If you don't have the issues anymore, you found your problem.

You can try moving any such mod to the bottom or lower in your load order giving it a higher priority during the load process.

Ryanhabs is right of course but you can also try Tes4LodGen' date=' it'll recreate all your Lods by default (easily deleted if it doesn't work, simply remove the DisntadLOD folder) and they will take precedence over BSA & compressed material...

Good luck!

[/quote']

Alright, thanks for the guidance. I'll try that LodGen and see how it goes.

Reaper! Argh. I've had other messy things happen with one of his mods. Like for instance an NPC named test that he just left walking around Cheydinhal. He makes some nice things, but also doesn't seem to take much care in cleaning his mods.

@Grumpf - Yes, those are low res textures, but that's normal for a LOD mesh. Problem is, it shouldn't show up when you get closer. ;)

Reaper! Argh. I've had other messy things happen with one of his mods. Like for instance an NPC named test that he just left walking around Cheydinhal. He makes some nice things' date=' but also doesn't seem to take much care in cleaning his mods.

@Grumpf - Yes, those are low res textures, but that's normal for a LOD mesh. Problem is, it shouldn't show up when you get closer. ;)

[/quote']

You too? Aha. I downloaded some of his mods (Oil Lamp, Dark Tower and Waterfront) but they never gave me troubles until now.

I repeat it's a shame the Waterfront doesn't work (it even has missing textures and you need to download a separate mod to get them) since it was a very good overhaul.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28274

Check it, but I don't recommend its download.

Archived