[Search] Working setup for Captured Dreams in 2022?

4 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Hi, has anyone a working mod setup for good, old Captured Dreams and could share it with me?

Would be cool if someone had all the required mods for a Captured Dreams from before 3.8 when Val started implementing the Manor.

I have looked around, found an earlier version on a Russian language site but the required mods were not proper versions so it never worked also the stuff would need to be translated back to english including the MCMs >< so it was going to be too much work to get up an running.

I have tried the version 4 stuff but it breaks too often and about the only thing working was the package runs but even the belting of the player messages for Dom/Sub level would not work properly so its actually just very basic.  Other mods that might have in the past really spiced up the experience get really buggy when in the load order like simple slavery plus.  You might find version 3.84, 4.0, or even 4.15 around but its not really worthwhile because even with its required mods there are too many things that were not finished to work with its required mods, so the net is that a lot of the features never work and it interacts poorly with other mods that would link to it.  Too some degree you can get those versions to have a functioning delivory system but none of the stuff that made it fun actually works you are better off using current mods that already have delivory.

So what have I arrived at?

To get the enjoyment out of that old mod, you also need all the old dependancy mods as well and cannot have or expect to have newer versions of DD mods in your load order....That is if you can find them or if someone has them in english sitting on a hard drive somewhere.  You will want earlier version something pre 3.84 as well, that likely means Devious Devices Integration of v3.0 but you will also need Assets, Expansion and ZAZ all at the right version number.....I have even checked the Githubs for past versions of those but it all got pretty wonky when I tried.

Best case someone has the complete CD (earlier than 3.8 version) with all needed requirements on their spare or storage drive and can put it up on a mega or google drive to download, but other than that not even sure how to get that experience going again.

Believe me I put a decent chunk of time in digging around and I did visit non-english sites hunting it all down, checked all the git hubs for repository files of the needed requirements for older versions, and even attempted to back translate stuff that was converted over for other langauges to make it happen.  Ended up netting nothing for my time.

Edited by Gameplayer
1 hour ago, Gameplayer said:

Would be cool if someone had all the required mods for a Captured Dreams from before 3.8 when Val started implementing the Manor.

I have looked around, found an earlier version on a Russian language site but the required mods were not proper versions so it never worked also the stuff would need to be translated back to english including the MCMs >< so it was going to be too much work to get up an running.

I have tried the version 4 stuff but it breaks too often and about the only thing working was the package runs but even the belting of the player messages for Dom/Sub level would not work properly so its actually just very basic.  Other mods that might have in the past really spiced up the experience get really buggy when in the load order like simple slavery plus.  You might find version 3.84, 4.0, or even 4.15 around but its not really worthwhile because even with its required mods there are too many things that were not finished to work with its required mods, so the net is that a lot of the features never work and it interacts poorly with other mods that would link to it.  Too some degree you can get those versions to have a functioning delivory system but none of the stuff that made it fun actually works you are better off using current mods that already have delivory.

So what have I arrived at?

To get the enjoyment out of that old mod, you also need all the old dependancy mods as well and cannot have or expect to have newer versions of DD mods in your load order....That is if you can find them or if someone has them in english sitting on a hard drive somewhere.  You will want earlier version something pre 3.84 as well, that likely means Devious Devices Integration of v3.0 but you will also need Assets, Expansion and ZAZ all at the right version number.....I have even checked the Githubs for past versions of those but it all got pretty wonky when I tried.

Best case someone has the complete CD (earlier than 3.8 version) with all needed requirements on their spare or storage drive and can put it up on a mega or google drive to download, but other than that not even sure how to get that experience going again.

Believe me I put a decent chunk of time in digging around and I did visit non-english sites hunting it all down, checked all the git hubs for repository files of the needed requirements for older versions, and even attempted to back translate stuff that was converted over for other langauges to make it happen.  Ended up netting nothing for my time.

Too bad but thank you for the explanation. I still have version 3.84 on my system and the random quests work so far. But the courier maids never show up.