I Am Experiencing the Most Idiotic Game Breaking Bug in History.

I KNOW EXACTLY (Edit: Apparently I didn't, and I was trying to fix the wrong thing. Silly Wabbit!) what is causing it, but I can't fix it. This may be another TL;DR moment. That is fine...

My game was - I thought - running almost perfectly. Smooth as silk for twenty levels...

I was heading away from the Clavicus Vile statue (I had just completed Umbra) towards Bravil to drop off a new pack of slaves for training, when I came across Faregyl Inn and decided to pop in and complete the Argonian lady's "potato bread" quest. So far so good. I entered the Inn, and...

Things got weird...

Upon entering Faregyl Inn and heading down towards the bar, I noticed a group of NPCs added by From2Chan Lives huddled together and chatting. Obscuring these NPCs was a huge pink squiggle that looked like a small child was handed a day-glo pink "hi-liter" and allowed to go to town on my monitor.

Between these pink squggles - which I assumed was a missing texture - I noticed that the affected NPC had white hair. Loading From2Chan Lives in the CS and checking "Use Info" on Faregyl Inn, I narrowed it down to Lyusse. I also noticed that - for some unknown reason - she had massive breasts when I had never used SetBody on her. I do not have AutoSetBody installed, either. Setbody is not at fault  I already checked. ( But why the "Reset All Bodies" option was removed from SetBody is beyond me... )

So I went and got the potatoes from the Ogre, went back to Faregyl, and the game crashed.

I exited and reloaded an earlier save - CRASH when entering Faregyl. I tried a different toon and waited in Faregyl until Lyusse showed up. As soon as Lyusse entered the Inn -CRASH! (I am familiar with her AI packages - I "waited" until about an hour before she is scheduled to show up. When she entered the Inn - Crash-a-mundo! ). I made a new toon from scratch and started a new game. Crash.

I have selected and deselected various combinations of mods. I have rebuilt my bashed patch at least 50 times. I have deleted Lyusse and her packages. Crash. The game does not crash when I do not have From2ChanLives! active. This is one corrupt bitch who appears to be perfectly fine in the CS. All of her meshes and textures are fine according to NifSkope. I have passed her in game on the roads hundreds of times and she was, well, fine. Her race is fine - my Constant Companion Callabel is the same race as Lyusse, and Callabel works perfecty.

Not being able to make my game work unless From2Chan was de-activated, I made an ESP with all armours and clothing (see screenshots). Every single piece of armour and clothing works just fine, but the Daedric Armour always crashes my game. Lyusse does not appear to have Daedric Armour, though. (Daedric Armour also works perfectly in the Plains of Oblivion... but not on NPCs... or any of my toons.)

I have BSA redirection via OBMM. I check every single mesh and texture in NifSkope before I add them to my game. I am using the skeleton from GregAtHit's new animation project. The ONLY thing that fixes this problem is deselecting From2ChanLives. I have passed Lyusse on the roads of Cyrodiil many, many times without problems before.

Some mod SOMEWHERE must have screwed up my armours, but I do not remember how to fix them or check for conflicts. I cannot for the life of me find a broken mesh or missing texture using NifSkope when I check anything that Lyusse wears or uses.

2nd Last Test: A brand new toon. 100% clean straight out of the Imperial Prison. Game crashed when I tried to enter Faregyl Inn. Without From2Chan active, she could enter the Inn just fine. This drives me NUTS because I have played literally hundreds of hours with From2Chan Lives active without a problem.

Last Test: Using my original save, I avoided Faregyl and dropped my slaves off at Bravil. Heading north to the IC, I pass Lyusse without incident. Packed slaves have nothing to do with my problem, as I experienced this crash with a clean toon who had no Lover's mods active. Update: Lyusse only crashes when she returns to Faregyl. On the roads she works fine. Knife, meet wrists...

I need to know which tools will help me find the conflicts that are making my game suddenly unplayable. If you can offer any insight; or if you actually read all this - I thank you. I have deconstructed my game to the very minimum of mods - but I am listing them all below. It is only one NPC in From2Chan that crashes my game (so far)  - and it only crashes when she enters Faregyl Inn.  Oddly enough - deleting her does not fix the problem. I am missing something obvious. I am Oblivion - ous.

Please Note: sexy_island.esp, HentaiMania2_Expansion.esp, and Lovers_DarC.esp are my personal mods. They were not active during my tests, and they touch no vanilla items, packages, or locations. They all exist on my personal version of Stroti's "Sexy Island" modder's resource. 

Active Mod Files:

00 Oblivion.esm
01 Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
02 Lovers with PK.esm
03 LoversCreature.esm
04 x117race.esm
05 Chanpon.esm
06 YoungerHotterNPCwithPussies.esp
07 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.4.3]
08 UOPS Additional Changes.esp
09 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
0A Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.2]
++ USIPS Additional Changes.esp
0B ChaseCameraMod.esp
** Oblivion Vwalk UOS.esp
** DLCShiveringIsles Vwalk UOS.esp
** DLCShiveringIsles Vwalk DG_DS UOS.esp
0C Get Wet.esp
0D Luchaire's Neck Seam Concealer.esp
0E Personality Idles - Modified version.esp [Version 1.5]
0F See You Sleep DLL.esp
10 Camping.esp
11 Reaper's Auto Equip Bikini.esp
12 Real_Mannequin.esp
13 kuerteeCleanUp.esp
14 PCB.esp
15 TryBeforeYouBuy.esp
16 Quick Clothes and Spells.esp
** EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
++ EyelashesForVanillaRaces.esp [Version 2.0]
** HGEC_special_armor_repl.esp
++ MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
17 Neck Seam Concealers Expanded.esp [Version 1.1-SI]
18 Neck Seam Concealers Expanded DD.esp [Version 1.1]
19 Neck Seam Concealers Expanded LL.esp [Version 1.1-SI-AT]
1A Hentai DMRA Collection.esp
1B AT2 01-Shiki Armor Set.esp
1C HTBShopInABottle.esp
1D FutaPriory.esp
1E Hentai Mania.esp
** Hentai Mania Vwalk.esp
1F Trashdog's SPB Heavy AB Shop.esp
20 Tona's_ModsStore.esp
21 HTBFLYCollection.esp
22 HTBMondsteinShop.esp
23 k1_CW7heaven.esp
24 Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp
25 DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
26 DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.8]
27 Knights.esp
28 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.1.3]
** Knights Vwalk UOP.esp
** EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
29 sexy_island.esp
2A HentaiMania2.esp
2B HentaiMania2_Expansion.esp
** HentaiMania2 Vwalk.esp
2C EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
2D RMDailyIncomeV2.esp
2E Alternative Start by Robert Evrae.esp
2F Basic Personal Hygiene.esp [Version 2.8]
30 TinyHouse.esp
31 crusaderdress.esp
32 ArabianDancerDress.esp
33 MadCompanionshipSpells.esp [Version 2.5]
34 MCS extension.esp
35 SetBody.esp
++ SetbodyNoBB.esp
++ Spells No Lighting.esp
36 CombatFPSOptimizer.esp
37 Unequip Broken Armor.esp [Version 2.8.2]
38 idkrrr_sarameyesNhairs4originalrace.esp
39 HumantouchNPC.esp
** Woman's Move - Animation Replacer.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
3A Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
++ x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
3B Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
++ Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
++ x117Race ENG Race.esp
3C Lop-ears Elf.esp
3D Chanpon_cha01.esp
3E IDKRRR_C_race.esp
3F idkrrr_sarams_race.esp
40 Chocolate Elves.esp
41 Synx.esp
42 From2ch Lives.esp
43 F2L_FaceChange.esp
44 Ta22's 01Army.esp
45 117NPCs.esp
46 City Life-x117.esp
47 F2LHideRaces.esp
48 F2LMiqoteAddon.esp
49 F2LAddon_MSElves.esp
++ EVE_KhajiitFix.esp
4A pussyfur.esp
4B spellstrip 1.0.esp
4C PEM_ChangeMod.esp
4D Bashed Patch, 0.esp
4E gfmAllArmorsandTops.esp
4F Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul.esp [Version 3.2.2]
50 Apachii_Goddess_Store_DMRA.esp
51 LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
52 LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
53 LoversHooker.esp [Version 2.2]
54 LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP_HookerPatch.esp
55 LoversStripper.esp
56 LoversRaperS.esp
57 LoversJoburg.esp
58 LoversSlavePlay.esp
59 LoversBed.esp
5A Lovers_DarC.esp
5B PlayerSlaveEncounters.esp
5C LoversPayBandit.esp
5D PSE-PayBandit-Patch.esp
5E Lovers with PK.esp [Version 96]
5F LoversBitch.esp
60 LoversCreature.esp
61 Lovers with PK Extender.esp [Version 2.4.3]
62 LoversEscapeRapeVPlayer.esp
63 LoversRapeSlave.esp
64 LoversTrueCrimeEx.esp
65 LoversSlaveTrader.esp
66 LSTBravilUnderground.esp
67 LoversMB2.esp
68 LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
69 LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

post-29198-0-59460800-1372381279_thumb.jpg

post-29198-0-74164400-1372381427_thumb.jpg

I'll be honest, I didn't read all your post. (Ain't nobody got time for that)

But an item that when equipped, causes a crash is because the nif is "bad" usu it needs to be imported into blender, the skeleton deleted, and then a new skeleton imported and that fixes it. (these nifs will still open in nifskope  and often look "fine")

However, it's a vanilla mesh, so it's caused by some sort of bad vailla armor replacer.

Guest ThatOne

As I do not use From2Ch, the help I can offer you is limited. However...

From what you wrote, I can assume that there is something that is supposed to happen at the time the NPC enters the inn. Deleting her does not solve the crash, so one can assume the NPC itself is not actually the source of the crashes. The source, however, triggers at the same time the NPC would enter the inn if she was not deleted - it could be an event, a script or something else.

The only thing I can suggest is that you check AI packages, events and scripts running in the inn at the time the NPC should enter.

Also, if the mesh "seems" fine but doesn't work correctly, you should do as GKM said and import, remove skeleton, import new skeleton and export it. It "should" solve the issues.

As a long time user of From2chLives and one who has completed the "potato bread" quest, I can only add that the problem is likely an armor or clothing item.

Try replacing the clothing\armor mesh files being used by Lyusse with something else.  Doesn't much matter what it is, as long as it takes up the equipment slots.

If you suspect your Deadric armor of being bad then replace the mesh files with alternates.  That is the quickest way to eliminate this variable.

I do not blame anybody for not reading that stream of consiousness BS. I was too tired to deal with the problem so I went to bed. Then I woke up...

What messed me up was that I did not have a problem when From2Chan was inactive. But it had nothing to do with From2Chan and everything to do with two mods fighting over the Daedric Cuirass.

Herein lie the Tygers:

1F Trashdog's SPB Heavy AB Shop.esp - THIS is a horrible mess of a mod with many broken meshes and missing textures. I used it before and I thought it worked. It doesn't. Buh-bye. This mod randomly f*cks up the Daedric Cuirass - which it changes, but does not actually add to the game. My saved games were corrputed because of this, but using Wyre I managed to clean them. Yay! I like my pudgy women, though, so I am making my own version...

2C EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp - This is the real culprit, installed by me blindly using OBMM and just clicking YES YES YES! Eliminating this and rebuilding my Bashed Patch resolved all of the conflicts I mentioned in my insanely long original post. I was SURE i had used this mod before, though...

It did not help that last night I was trying to run Wrye Bash, OBMM, Tes4Edit, and the CS all at once; AND I was constantly starting up and shutting down Oblivion itself to check my changes.

Thank you for your patience and suggestions. I just had to shout this out in a public forum so I would actually go through with fixing my game instead of simply uninstalling it like a did last year when things went south.

post-29198-0-27116800-1372460557_thumb.jpg

Daedric Armour now works. Conflicts resolved. I guess this issue is now resolved.

As a long time user of From2chLives and one who has completed the "potato bread" quest, I can only add that the problem is likely an armor or clothing item.

Try replacing the clothing\armor mesh files being used by Lyusse with something else.  Doesn't much matter what it is, as long as it takes up the equipment slots.

If you suspect your Deadric armor of being bad then replace the mesh files with alternates.  That is the quickest way to eliminate this variable.

I DID change Lyusse's armor at the time, but it turns out that I picked on the wrong NPC. Through the pink squiggles that I mentioned in my huge original post, I saw only white hair, ponytails, and ebony armor. Turns out that "ROSE" and her Daedric Armor was the true culprit. Once I found out that my daedric armor was corrupted it was simply a matter of going to bed and dealing with it another day.

What you describe is EXACTLY why I never install ANY clothing overhaul plugins.  I manually pull all meshes and textures out, check them and make my own esp (if it is not a vanilla replacer item).  Yes, it is a fuckton of work but I never have any headaches like you describe trying to figure out what plugin in jacking things up.  If I ever get caught up on Lovers stuff my goal was to make a massive BU plugin for both XeoSP++ and From2chLives.  That way most if not all of the clothing\armor in the game would be breakable.  :)

That's what I am doing now. Trashdog's changes Daedric armor to point to Drake Knight (or dread knight... don't recall right now) textures. I did not have those installed, so the game crashed. 

My "sexy_island.esp" is my custom worldspace that will eventually be home to all of my clothing / armor / weapons downloads, but Trashdog's is so borked that I do not even know if it worth my time fixing it - or if I even remember HOW to fix.

Archived