[WIP] Devious Encounters Skyrim Special Edition

10 hours ago, Void Stack said:

Bug Report: Became a Travelling Sister of Dibella. After collecting a couple of donations, I returned to the priestess. She said I did not have enough yet. After collecting many more donations I went back to her but the dialog option to turn donations in was gone.

I am otherwise enjoying the additions this mod has made.

Glad to her that you are enjoying the additions.

2 things:

Firstly, where you wearing the Amulet when Talking to Senna after collection a lot of donations? that is necessary.

The second thing is: did Senna actually say sorry you need more donations? (Or something very similar) because I cant find such a line anywhere in my mod…

4 hours ago, noj125 said:

Firstly, where you wearing the Amulet when Talking to Senna after collection a lot of donations? that is necessary.

The second thing is: did Senna actually say sorry you need more donations? (Or something very similar) because I cant find such a line anywhere in my mod…

1) Yup, Have not taken it off, which made things "interesting" when playing through Maelstrom. Whenever the disembodied voice started talking, the dialog box would open and I could tell it I was a travelling sister of Dibella. I did not choose that option. Figured it wasn't an issue that was anyone's fault or solveable beyond taking the amulet off.

2) Come back / return when you have more/enough. It only happened once. I'd have to rewind a lot to try to recreate.

4 hours ago, Void Stack said:

1) Yup, Have not taken it off, which made things "interesting" when playing through Maelstrom. Whenever the disembodied voice started talking, the dialog box would open and I could tell it I was a travelling sister of Dibella. I did not choose that option. Figured it wasn't an issue that was anyone's fault or solveable beyond taking the amulet off.

2) Come back / return when you have more/enough. It only happened once. I'd have to rewind a lot to try to recreate.

Mhh When I have some spare Time I might check that Maelstrom bug.

Apart of that the only condition would be that you talk to Senna wear the Amulet and have at least 20 donations in total the command to cheat them for testing purposes would be

Player.addItem dsde_MediumDonation 20

I dont really know how else to look for that specific bug since I cant replicate it.

If you want to you can DM me and try to explain it in as much detail as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2022 at 5:07 PM, deviant51 said:

Works on LE.

Only had one issue, the drunk guy only had generic dialogue.

Good to hear is the drunk guy encounter different in any way from the others?

No... I love the creation kit ^^.

New version out check the changelog to see what’s new.

I recommend deleting the old version before installing the new version.

The changes for the Orc boxer are that there no longer is a brawl but just a boring message box why?

Because fck the brawl event I cant be bothered anymore…

The new encounters are a bit less focused on DD.

For the soft requirement it’s an experiment how well it works same thing with Scenes.

Also a request for the LE users mulipel have already stated that the mod works (nearly) fine on LE could I get an update if that’s also the case with the newest version if so I could open a thread in Skyrim LE

Lastly a disclaimer I am stupid and pressed the wrong button in ssedit which essentially removed all connections my mod had even with its hard requirements. I fixed all the errors (a bit over 1k) CK told me but that doesn’t mean that I 100% got all of them.

If for example sexlab Scenes aren’t staring or DD aren’t equipping even so the NPC said something about it please tell me.

As always if you find bugs please tell me here in the support thread.

Xedit check spews 10 error for the new version, are those benign?

Spoiler

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [08] devious skyrim devious encounters.esp
[00:00] [INFO:0802FDC3] ('That will work I suppose.' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_Drunk_Dialogebranch4_6 "I have these Keys you can have them." [DIAL:0802FDC2])
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ALCH,AMMO,ARMO,BOOK,COBJ,FLST,INGR,KEYM,LIGH,LVLI,MISC,SCRL,SLGM,WEAP
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: ALCH,AMMO,ARMO,BOOK,COBJ,FLST,INGR,KEYM,LIGH,LVLI,MISC,SCRL,SLGM,WEAP
[00:00] [INFO:08036A8B] ('Yes what do you want?' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_whoredialogebranch2Topic "Are you the local whore?" [DIAL:08039BAC])
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Could not resolve Parameter 1>
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Could not resolve Parameter 1>
[00:00] [INFO:08039BB0] ('Yes what do you want?' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_whoredialogebranch3Topic "Are you the local whore?" [DIAL:08039BAF])
[00:00] [INFO:080418CC] ('Milk drinker' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_rdmencounter_Orc_BrawlerHello [DIAL:080418CB])
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a LVLN reference, expected: ACTI,ALCH,AMMO,ARMA,ARMO,ASPC,BOOK,CONT,DOOR,ENCH,FLOR,FLST,FURN,GRAS,IDLM,KEYM,LIGH,LVLI,LVSP,MISC,MSTT,NPC_,NULL,PROJ,SCRL,SHOU,SLGM,SOUN,SPEL,STAT,TACT,TREE,WEAP
[00:00] [INFO:080418CD] ('Weakling' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_rdmencounter_Orc_BrawlerHello [DIAL:080418CB])
[00:00]     INFO \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a LVLN reference, expected: ACTI,ALCH,AMMO,ARMA,ARMO,ASPC,BOOK,CONT,DOOR,ENCH,FLOR,FLST,FURN,GRAS,IDLM,KEYM,LIGH,LVLI,LVSP,MISC,MSTT,NPC_,NULL,PROJ,SCRL,SHOU,SLGM,SOUN,SPEL,STAT,TACT,TREE,WEAP
[00:01] dsde_CitywhoreRiften_AIPackageNormal [PACK:0803A120]
[00:01]     PACK \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:01]     PACK \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Could not resolve Parameter 1>
[00:01] dsde_citywhoreRiften_AIPackage_Trader [PACK:0803A121]
[00:01]     PACK \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:01]     PACK \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - CTDA \ Parameter #2 -> <Warning: Could not resolve Parameter 1>
[00:01] dsde_Markartwhore_AIPackage_Normal [PACK:0803BC81]
[00:01] dsde_Markarthwhore_AIPackage_BardAcademi [PACK:0803BC82]
[00:01] Laura_WhatSheDeservesQuest_Xayah [DLVW:08051CCA]
[00:01]     DLVW \ QNAM - Quest -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:01] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 2114, Errors found: 10, Elapsed Time: 00:01

1 hour ago, Talesien said:

Xedit check spews 10 error for the new version, are those benign?

Reveal hidden contents

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [08] devious skyrim devious encounters.esp
[00:00] [INFO:0802FDC3] ('That will work I suppose.' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_Drunk_Dialogebranch4_6 "I have these Keys you can have them." [DIAL:0802FDC2])
[00:00] [INFO:08036A8B] ('Yes what do you want?' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_whoredialogebranch2Topic "Are you the local whore?" [DIAL:08039BAC])
[00:00] [INFO:08039BB0] ('Yes what do you want?' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_whoredialogebranch3Topic "Are you the local whore?" [DIAL:08039BAF])
[00:00] [INFO:080418CC] ('Milk drinker' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_rdmencounter_Orc_BrawlerHello [DIAL:080418CB])
[00:00] [INFO:080418CD] ('Weakling' in GRUP Topic Children of dsde_rdmencounter_Orc_BrawlerHello [DIAL:080418CB])
[00:01] dsde_CitywhoreRiften_AIPackageNormal [PACK:0803A120]
[00:01] dsde_citywhoreRiften_AIPackage_Trader [PACK:0803A121]
[00:01] dsde_Markartwhore_AIPackage_Normal [PACK:0803BC81]
[00:01] dsde_Markarthwhore_AIPackage_BardAcademi [PACK:0803BC82]
[00:01] Done: Checking for Errors, Processed Records: 2114, Errors found: 10, Elapsed Time: 00:01

I see what causes most of these errors I deleted something and forgot to delete conditions pointing towards it.

Edit:

The errors exept for 1 where a quick fix updated version is out now.

(if something isn’t fixed yet I will try to find time next week but I can’t promise anything apart from that none of these Errors should break this mod in any way)

I have no Idea where this Error could come from since Laura_WhatSheDeservesQuest_Xayah isn’t in my mod but comes from the mod “Lauras bondage shop” if I’m not mistaken.

Edited by noj125
1 hour ago, noj125 said:

I have no Idea where this Error could come from since Laura_WhatSheDeservesQuest_Xayah isn’t in my mod but comes from the mod “Lauras bondage shop” if I’m not mistaken.

Aye, it is, that's odd indeed, especially since Laura's isn't even loaded into xEdit. (If I load it too, the error still pops up ... might be a bug in xEdit, a rather peculiar one. Funny thing is, if I check Laura's Bondage Shop for errors, it's clean.)

I confirm new update still works in LE.

Couple of bugs for the Gambler:

1. After paying him up the debt he removes the collar, but does not switches back to play mode, there's still dialog option to remove the collar. Missed proper quest reset?

2. Gambler fails to apply debt collar if harness with collar is worn, when worn normal DD collar - all works fine.

If you wish, I can try to work through dialog lines of your mod esp, edit them to look a bit better and then send it to you.

Naturally better to use the latest one, with all the edits you made, or otherwise you'd have to do them again.

1 hour ago, notwavman said:

1. After paying him up the debt he removes the collar, but does not switches back to play mode, there's still dialog option to remove the collar. Missed proper quest reset?

2. Gambler fails to apply debt collar if harness with collar is worn, when worn normal DD collar - all works fine.

If you wish, I can try to work through dialog lines of your mod esp, edit them to look a bit better and then send it to you.

Naturally better to use the latest one, with all the edits you made, or otherwise you'd have to do them again.

I also encountered the first issue. Other than that? Really cool npc.

22 hours ago, notwavman said:

99% that you are right

I thought I already added

xxx.reset()

xxx.setstage()

for every quest stage.

Must have missed one or 2 scripts I will take a look at it once I find some free time.

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2022 at 11:27 PM, noj125 said:

99% that you are right

I thought I already added

xxx.reset()

xxx.setstage()

for every quest stage.

Must have missed one or 2 scripts I will take a look at it once I find some free time.

I hope you complete the works well and you have free time?

• 3 weeks later...

So I fucked up and deleted around 1 month of progress after that I took a break and while coming back I realised that the mod is in a really, really bad state. The reason for that is that I started this mod not fully knowing what I was going to do and while having no modding experience at all now the mod is kind of all over the place and a nightmare in the CK.

Will I continue this mod? Probably but I will have to redo a lot of it. For now I will concentrate on smaller projects because as a first mod this is turning out to be a bit much.

If you find bugs you can report them and I will fix them as fast a possible.

2 hours ago, noj125 said:

So I fucked up and deleted around 1 month of progress after that I took a break and while coming back I realised that the mod is in a really, really bad state. The reason for that is that I started this mod not fully knowing what I was going to do and while having no modding experience at all now the mod is kind of all over the place and a nightmare in the CK.

Will I continue this mod? Probably but I will have to redo a lot of it. For now I will concentrate on smaller projects because as a first mod this is turning out to be a bit much.

Long time no see :D

Bandits event does not reset after ending.
At least, if only the start and end of the current events work normally, I think that's a meaningful enough completed mod.

3 hours ago, noj125 said:

For both a first and failed attempt, it came out pretty good! I look forward to trying out what ever you come up with next.

1 hour ago, rainbowgasm said:

For both a first and failed attempt, it came out pretty good! I look forward to trying out what ever you come up with next.

Failed successfully  ?

2 hours ago, HBoo said:

Long time no see :D

Bandits event does not reset after ending.
At least, if only the start and end of the current events work normally, I think that's a meaningful enough completed mod.

You mean the event with the 4 bandits?

You have to wait a while for them to appear again after that they should in theory demand more and more gold each visit only reset by killing the leader.

(If it doesn’t work like this … I am screwed you might just want to deactivate this event in the MCM until I fix it.)

- After listening to you and killing the bandit captain with the console, the bandit event didn't happen again. (maybe more dated?)

- In the noble and her mercenary event, the sex scene is not called after the last conversation with the noble.

There are some bugs, but the concept of events is fun :D

6 hours ago, HBoo said:

- After listening to you and killing the bandit captain with the console, the bandit event didn't happen again. (maybe more dated?)

- In the noble and her mercenary event, the sex scene is not called after the last conversation with the noble.

There are some bugs, but the concept of events is fun :D

I will look into both.

I probably just forgot to fill a property or a setstage.

Thx ?

• 3 months later...