How to add a item to a location?

I know this is such a noob question but I have no clue to, I tried looking around for some sort of tutorial on it but couldn't find any. I know theirs a method of doing it on TES construction set but I have no clue on how to start or where to start with the process. If someone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

I highly recommend you don't click on the next Spoiler until you are absolutely done with the last one.

ie don't click Information #2 until you are sure you are done with Information #1, or else you're jus gonna confuse the shit outta yourself

Infomation #1

How do I:

Place a (custom) item in a (custom) location and make it a seperate .ESP?

For a brand new esp start up the Construction Set without selecting any file. This will let you create a new plugin by selecting 'File > Save'. Name this esp whatever you like. After saving, immediately open this esp again, this time placing checkmarks next to Oblivion.esm and your own plugin (by double-clicking them), then - with your plugin selected - click on the 'Set As Active File' switch. This will make Oblivion.esm the necessary master file to the esp you created.

To create a new container, edit an existing one by giving it a new ID. I'm reusing old pictures for the process out of laziness:

cscontainer01.jpg

Select a vanilla container. New ID makes a new entry. You might want to delete the existing items from the container.

cscontainer02.jpg

After confirming and thus creating the new container, go back to your item(s). Drag and drop them into your container.

cscontainer03.jpg

All that's left is placing the container into the game world so you can go and retrieve your item(s).

Open any cell in the 'Cell View' window, grab your container from the list and drag 'n' drop it into the render window.

Now just save the mod.

Information #2

I've run into some problems when trying to place the container into the world:

Errors messages galore as soon as I double click "ICMarketDistrict" (the exterior) as my World Space

Z1hgWZt.png

*Clicking "Yes to all" on all of the pop-ups allows me to use the CS again

*I do have animation mods installed, but I only check-marked Oblivion.ESM and my Body Writing.ESP (setting Body Writing as the Active File). So I have no clue why these errors are happening

The error messages you can ignore, this is just the CS bitching around.

Information #3

I'm trying to place the container in front of the "Divine Elegance" shop. Thing is, I can't seem to place it on the ground, it's floating in mid-air! Holding left-click and dragging it up moves it forward, but when I try to drag it down ingame it instead moves backwards (towards me, the screen)

DNEpKM9.png

Hold your "Z" key to move items up or down. Also, when you have an item above the ground (your container), hit the "F" key to have it FALL to the ground.

You can also hold down the "X" or "Y" key while moving your container for more precise positioning.

this page for a list of key command shortcuts.

Archived