So I had a setup that was working completely fine, maybe one random CTD but very rarely, so I decided to update SkySA, update Proteus from Project Proteus (basically a definitive version of Project Proteus), Animation Motion Revolution, and I also added some animal attack fixes from distar (SCMCO and WMCO, from: https://www.skyrim-guild.com/distar/mods/moderngameoverhaul) and a new attack animation for 1h swords, to do all that I had to disable Grip switch since it appeared to not have been updated for the newest version of SkySA, and also old Project Proteus, after I did all that my game would crash on load (at the time I didn't test new game), I fucked around with these mods disabling and enabling to find the culprit and even reverted the updated mods to their original versions, now testing around and generating the behaviours when needed my game (at least from this point on) crashed on new game and on load, I've read that crashes on new game could be due to an animation count limit so I disabled all OSA/OSex mods and the CTDs would remain, I removed the Nemesis override folder and nothing changed from that, more recently I tried disabling alternate start and any mod depending on it and lo and behold the game actually starts, I played through the entire intro up until you leave the cave and no crashes, I saved, quit to menu and loaded and no crashes either, it crashed when I loaded my actual save but that's to be expected since I was missing Dyndolod as it is dependent on alternate start.

So yeah this is the most bizarre situation I had with modding Skyrim so far, I should add that running the game without mods would crash on new game too, anyway here's the mod list:

https://pastebin.com/p3ddKLR4

And the active plugins list:
https://pastebin.com/m6StpbHa

Keep in mind that I'm running Nemesis only (FNIS.esp is the one generated by Nemesis), since some mods that I'm using are incompatible with FNIS, and also that there are no missing masters (I did all the basic checks), also might be important to note that Nemesis crashed randomly multiple times whenever I was generating behaviours.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:45 PM, thefaqvideos said:

So I had a setup that was working completely fine, [...]

update SkySA, update Proteus from Project Proteus (basically a definitive version of Project Proteus), Animation Motion Revolution, and I also added some animal attack fixes from distar (SCMCO and WMCO, from: https://www.skyrim-guild.com/distar/mods/moderngameoverhaul) and a new attack animation for 1h swords, [...]

to do all that I had to disable Grip switch [...]

[...]Nemesis crashed randomly multiple times whenever I was generating behaviours.

A bit of StartPage (turn off Family Filtering) suggests that te problem might be SexLabs critter anims or too many animations (special procedure included in Reddit thread)

As for the rest... I just went through something like this (cause was a missing .NET 5.0 'redistributable' library; symptom was MO2 would lock, game would maybe flash a small black window, and then MO2 would unlock, maybe 30sec) and... I don't know.  That's a lot of big updates at once.

On 2/5/2022 at 11:45 PM, thefaqvideos said:

running the game without mods would crash on new game too

Okay WHAT?  So if you disable 'all' mods the game still crashes?

When does it crash? When you've chosen New/Load at the Main Menu?  Before?  After?

Does it just drop to desktop, or does it give the cute lil' "Windows has detected a crash" double popup when it crashes?

Do you have .NET Script Framework installed (it has a crash log, which in MO2 is present in {Drive:\wherever}\ModOrganizer2\overwrite\NetScriptFramework\Crash} 

or Crash Logger (logs are located in "Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE")?

Does turning on Papyrus logging actually leave a log?  (the log itself may not be of much use, but my crash wasn't able to leave a log here, so presence/absence may be helpful)?

Nemesis says it needs the x86 Visual C++ Redistributable 2019 version - I don't know if the 64bit version is acceptable.  Check that.

2 hours ago, qalavix said:

Okay WHAT?  So if you disable 'all' mods the game still crashes?

When does it crash? When you've chosen New/Load at the Main Menu?  Before?  After?

Yeah, that's the most bizarre part so I'm going to elaborate further, if I turn off all esps the game will crash after starting a new game, it will load for a while, then when it seems like the game is about to start it would crash, the most absurd part is that the same load order will not crash as long as I disable alternate start and any mod that depends on it (including Dyndolod so I'm quite tempted to just run Dyndolod without alternate start and see if it works), keep in mind that I was doing a lot of these tests very late at night so in my tired state I might have just forgotten to run Nemesis when I disabled my mods.

As for all these programs you've listed, I'm pretty sure I have all of them, I also don't think I have any sexlab mods, and like I've said it couldn't be too many animations because:

1. That same load order was working fine with 14Kish animations.

2. By disabling the OSA mods it goes down to 900 something animations, which should be perfectly acceptable for Nemesis. 

By making sure of the 'well DUH of course!' stuff we can eliminate it (them) as a source of the problem.  I 'knew' my latest was that sort, I just didn't know which tiny piece I'd forgotten. 

Still, 'pretty sure' isn't 'completely sure' so go double-check their existence (Windows / Settings / Uninstall Apps  or  WinKey+R and type 'appwiz.cpl').  C'mon, two minutes.  ?

2 hours ago, thefaqvideos said:

I was doing a lot of these tests very late at night so in my tired state I might have just forgotten to run Nemesis when I disabled my mods.

Okay, understood.  Hopefully you didn't punch anything breakable before you went to bed.  ?

Writing a paper log might help keep track of what you've done (and therefore what you haven't done) - I find it easier to paper-log than computer-log, which is sad.  I'd like MO2 to actually log what I do, but it don't.

Also, "disable plugins" (on the right side) isn't the same as "disable mods" (on the left side).  I BELIEVE you still have all those left-side files being shuffled into a virtual filesystem and presented to skyrim.exe when it runs. 

What helped me as a debugging technique was to copy my existing it-used-to-work profile to another profile with a different name, then in the new profile disable everything on the LEFT side (which will make it disappear from the right also), and go from there.  If you have SKSE, you may need to activate-on-the-left-side-of-MO2 the SKSE part there, and maybe also Address Fixes I don't know?  But see if you can get the game to run.

Also, try another alt-start mod, that is a little simpler than Alternate Start Live Another Life, as your second mod to introduce.  No one should have to endure the vanilla wagon ride more than absolutely necessary.  ? And it might be ASLAL that is barfing.  I've used Alternate Perspective (but it requires 3 more utilities, though they're pretty essential anyway) and Realm Of Lorkhan (no extra requirements), and there are others.

1 hour ago, qalavix said:

By making sure of the 'well DUH of course!' stuff we can eliminate it (them) as a source of the problem.  I 'knew' my latest was that sort, I just didn't know which tiny piece I'd forgotten. 

Still, 'pretty sure' isn't 'completely sure' so go double-check their existence (Windows / Settings / Uninstall Apps  or  WinKey+R and type 'appwiz.cpl').  C'mon, two minutes.  ?

I checked it out and indeed I have all of them up to date so we can discard that.

1 hour ago, qalavix said:

What helped me as a debugging technique was to copy my existing it-used-to-work profile to another profile with a different name, then in the new profile disable everything on the LEFT side (which will make it disappear from the right also), and go from there.  If you have SKSE, you may need to activate-on-the-left-side-of-MO2 the SKSE part there, and maybe also Address Fixes I don't know?  But see if you can get the game to run.

Like I said, I can get the game to run if I disable ASLAL (which still baffles me why ASLAL is causing problems specifically), but that means I'll probably have to rerun Dyndolod right? Which in turn means my saves are a bust, since I'll won't be able to do the process of disabling Dyndolod in-game.

I'll try installing one of these alternate start mods, I remember RoL being pretty good, it really sucks if I really will have to abandon this save.