New DLC

Would've been cool but the only developer I could expect a troll-move like that from is FromSoftware. Beth can't even be arsed to fix the shit that their 1.9 patch messed up so I doubt they'll give us anything more than maybe a patch in about a year.

hi Cheshire Cat!
in German forums, it is speculated that there will be another DLC called Redguard. many points suggest that the DLC could take place on the island of Stros M Kai. but it might just be pure speculation, it is the elder scrolls online before the door, so the skyrim bethesda wants to encourage players to change.

Deutsch !

auch in deutschen foren wird darüber spekuliert ob es ein weiteres DLC mit namens Redguard geben wird . sehr viele punkte weisen darauf hin das daß DLC auf der insel Stros M Kai stattfinden könnte . aber es könnten nur reine spekulationen sein , den es steht elder scrolls online vor der tür , bethesda will ja auch die skyrim spieler zum wechsel animieren .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2RKPhGyVYI

Well we have plenty of Expansion-worthy mods here so were all fine. If only I could make an expansion, I've come up with something far better than Dragonborn. 

Completely fake.  Nothing but a two-second modification of the page source to read "Redguard".

Bethesda itself has issued a statement that they have moved on from Skyrim.  Dawnguard Dragonborn was the last DLC and 1.9 was the last update, hence the recent release of the GOTY "Legendary" edition of the game including all DLC.

Completely fake.  Nothing but a two-second modification of the page source to read "Redguard".

Bethesda itself has issued a statement that they have moved on from Skyrim.  Dragonborn was the last DLC and 1.9 was the last update, hence the recent release of the GOTY "Legendary" edition of the game including all DLC.

/fixed

And if 1.9 was the last update I'm gonna book a flight to their headquarters and stomp their faces in because introducing a (for some people) gamebreaking and definitely immersion breaking bug with a shitty update that brought nothing new and then being all like "Meh, we're done with this cause it isn't shipping in enough $$$$ anymore" is not cool.

Bethesda itself has issued a statement that they have moved on from Skyrim.  Dragonborn was the last DLC and 1.9 was the last update, hence the recent release of the GOTY "Legendary" edition of the game including all DLC.

/fixed

And if 1.9 was the last update I'm gonna book a flight to their headquarters and stomp their faces in because breaking shit with a shitty update that brought nothing new and then being all like "Meh, we're done with this cause it isn't shipping in enough $$$$ anymore" is not cool.

Absurdity is right, I also do not think it was that, there's what comes after.

/fixed

And if 1.9 was the last update I'm gonna book a flight to their headquarters and stomp their faces in because introducing a (for some people) gamebreaking and definitely immersion breaking bug with a shitty update that brought nothing new and then being all like "Meh, we're done with this cause it isn't shipping in enough $$$$ anymore" is not cool.

My mistake, Dragonborn is what I meant to type.  But I'd honestly be surprised if they were to issue an update to fix what they broke with 1.9.  While the erratic facial animations are extremely annoying, they're not exactly game-breaking in any sense -- modders are really the only ones who care about having it rectified.  And now that Bethesda has moved on, they have no real obligation to fix it, especially since 1.9 fixed a number of glitches that actually could break the game.

Not to imply that I'm not disappointed about this.  I'd love for them to repair the facial animations (unlikely) and I'd love to see a new DLC even more (even less likely) -- but they literally stated that they're completely done with Skyrim and "moving on to their next adventure" on the BethBlog months ago.

http://www.bethblog.com/2013/04/15/moving-to-our-next-adventure/

Although they do say they might have "minor updates as needed", so I won't rule out the possibility of another patch at a later date.  But they're completely done with DLC, period.  "Redguard" simply isn't happening, as disappointing as that is.

Archived