Adding Weapons to Dual Sheath Redux?

anonymousbb

Hey guys, I won't lie, I created this account to ask this question here (so I don't blame you guys if you aren't interested in helping me).

Anyway, I've been using the Black Sacrament armors/weapons, and I love them, but I also like using the Dual Sheath Redux mod on my dual-wielding character (to the point that I'll wear different weapons so they both appear when sheathed, even though I love symmetry).  I've tried fiddling around with adding weapons to the Dual Sheath Redux mod, but I have extremely little knowledge of how to effectively use Nifskope and such, so of course I haven't had much success.  The Black Sacrament weapons have already been requested to be added to DSR, however the author of Black Sacrament was last seen on the Nexus at around mid January, so it's not likely that he'll give permission.

So, I was wondering, would it be possible for an explanation of how to add weapons to the DSR mod (unless it's simply too complicated for a novice modder to accomplish).

Thanks for at least taking the time to read this,

Anonbb

Edit: To add some info, I have fairly basic knowledge of the creation kit (I can replace objects' .nifs and such), have photoshop for altering textures (it typically works, though there have been occasions I must have messed something up), and I've replaced textures on objects in Nifskope (but don't know too much more about Nifskope).

• 2 months later...

im still waiting for a proper patch for Jojjo's weaponry

mainly the warglaives

well those would be a little harder since they are not proper single bladed swords but as most modders around LL would say. "instead of waiting for someone else to do it for you get nifskope and the tutorial and do it yourself"

"As the saying goes give a man a fish he eats for a day teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime"

Good, this is pretty recent.

Can someone post the tutorials here? I'm trying to convert daggers, and i'm really close, but probably missing something [the dagger looks inverted in the left hand when drawn after i made a nif on nifskope with comparison alone.]

I'm asking for the tutorials because while i did download them, i can't for the life of me extract those buggers. Not even through NMM.

Edit: nevermind, i found out that the animation i was [accidentally] using didn't put the dagger in the right position. The vanilla dualwield animation fixed that. [Had to extract it from the bsa and manually add it, then run fnis]

Also, the tutorial for swords fixed whatever i was missing, IF i missed anything. Now, tho, I'm going to just copypasta the modified mesh and edit the textures. Not sure if it is less of a headache, but meh...

Archived