WTF Whiterun!

Does anyone know some FPS boosters? Because the only place in Skyrim that has lag is Whiterun and I get the message "Skyrim has stopped working" in under 2 minutes. I've seen others get this without any mods causing the problem. 

I deactivated the HighRes Texture pack DLC(also because of using SummerSkyrim), it helped to stop these texture loading lags. It's a shame that the Skyrim engine is just 32 bit(just 4GB ram addressing).

Actually since 1.4 patch I think, Skyrim exe is compatible 64bits, a 32bits version would not be able to use more than 3gb (not 4).

Still the memory usage suxx.

As for the OP I believe something is wrong with one of the mods because no matter how much textures and how high rez they are I never have this kind of plroblem in Whiterun.

I deactivated the HighRes Texture pack DLC(also because of using SummerSkyrim), it helped to stop these texture loading lags. It's a shame that the Skyrim engine is just 32 bit(just 4GB ram addressing).

Actually since 1.4 patch I think, Skyrim exe is compatible 64bits, a 32bits version would not be able to use more than 3gb (not 4).

Still the memory usage suxx.

As for the OP I believe something is wrong with one of the mods because no matter how much textures and how high rez they are I never have this kind of plroblem in Whiterun.

Every 32 bit program should be capable of 4GB ram addressing(I know there were issues with WinXP). With 64 bit you could address 16 EB

A 32 bit OS cant address more than 3gb, a workaround can be done by using PAE (Physical Adress Extension) in 32bits processors allowing you to use 36 bits.

OS wise a 32bits Windows will always see only 3GB useable no matter how much memory your computer contains.

I still dont understand why a game like Skyrim (or many newer games) does not have a true 64bits executable as an option when a game like Hellgate London was doing it, it is even more true for Skyrim as, since there is the possibility of making mods for it from the start, they should have known it can become very memory intensive.

hello people!
I have an AMD Phenom II x6, with 6 x 3200  GB and an ATI Radeon HD 6870, a RaM 8000 and windows 7 64 bit.
Despite the good performance also I have problems in Whiterun when I walk into the city then starts the game at jerking so much the first time I have to stop the game. after new start is this jerk disappeared for some time. I do not know what it is ?

Archived