MCS companion issue.

beck11

When I recruit a companion under MCS I cant get them to wear armor that I give them. They wear it in combat(sometimes)but outside of combat they run around naked. I removed all other items from their inventory and place one piece of armor and still they wont wear it. Anyone know what Im doing wrong or what is causing them not to wear armor?

I think I know what that is. Thx' date=' will try this and see if it works. But just for the record: Can you set different armor sets for in combat and out? Why would there be an option to remove armor out of combat anyway?

[/quote']

The AI package they run will not allow them to wear any armor out of combat (unless you configured them differently with the spell) so unless they have something to wear that is not armor, they will go naked. If they have clothes, they'll put those on.

As for why the option is there, some people like their companions to not be armed to the teeth while strolling the streets.

You have to "configure them" through one of the spell to be "wear armor : always"

Otherwise as soon as you leave combat they take off the armor and are naked if they have no clothes :)

Ahhh thx. Its working fine now. Btw what do the 2 "Tail at...." options do? Also my companion seems to keep casting a green circle spell on herself. At first I thought it was the auto healing effect but turning it off dosent seem to make it go away, any idea what it is and how to turn it off?

Ahhh thx. Its working fine now. Btw what do the 2 "Tail at...." options do? Also my companion seems to keep casting a green circle spell on herself. At first I thought it was the auto healing effect but turning it off dosent seem to make it go away' date=' any idea what it is and how to turn it off?

[/quote']The Tail at.... options has companions equip clothing or armor items that use the tail slot. Some add on clothing have capes, or other bits that use the tail slot. Normally NPCs won't equip them.

To get rid of the green swirls, go in the MCS Companion List book and turn off Companion Detect in the configuration menu.

Archived