dw's Palm and Sole RaceMenu Overlays for Dark-Skinned Characters LE/SE (CBBE & UUNP)

dw's Palm and Sole RaceMenu Overlays for Dark-Skinned Characters LE/SE (CBBE & UUNP)

View File

I was never a fan of how uniformly coloured dark-skinned characters looked in Skyrim, so I made these overlays to add light palms and soles on my character. You'll find them in the Hand and Foot Paint sections in RaceMenu, respectively.

Female only.

Based on Sapphire's Overhauled Skin, by Novelyst (which itself is based on Sapphire's Skin by Vobla)

Update 04/09/2022: With version 3.0, the overlays were entirely redone and are now based on the excellent Sapphire's Overhauled Skin by Novelyst and Vobla.
enb2022_11_2_11_32_23.png.b5d4c98cac86ed70af8bccefa3b2a64f.png

enb2022_9_4_06_02_18.png.e2cd2e43f72f175d34553fbe1d242165.png

Edited by donnerwetter
Edited to reflect latest version
13 minutes ago, xstoryofaboyx said:

Looks like the plugin may be messed up? Using SSE, if I try to open with xEdit it kicks me errors and is filled with empty Quest Records.

image.png.adf087d982b6680b30413493b97c0d15.png

Uh oh, I had someone test it on SSE and they reported back that it worked. Does it work ingame?

Edit: Yeah, I'm seeing a bunch of empty Quest Records too. I made this esp ages ago now, so I might've fucked something up. Trying to salvage the situation

Edited by donnerwetter

On 1/16/2022 at 9:56 PM, xstoryofaboyx said:

It does work in game, so it must just be the empty records making LOOT act up.

I redid the .esp, can you check if this one works? Looks 100% less janky on my end, at least.

Removed for being outdated, just go to the download page

Delete the old version before installing this. I'll replace the file on the download page once I get word back that everything's fine.

Edit: Did my own testing, everything seems to be in order. Replacing file, I suggest everyone redownloads the mod.

Edited by donnerwetter
43 minutes ago, donnerwetter said:

I redid the .esp, can you check if this one works? Looks 100% less janky on my end, at least.

dw's Palm and Sole Overlays 1.01.7z 1.22 MB · 0 downloads

Delete the old version before installing this. I'll replace the file on the download page once I get word back that everything's fine.

Edit: Did my own testing, everything seems to be in order. Replacing file, I suggest everyone redownloads the mod.

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks 

10 hours ago, bomtrak said:

Nice mod. This has always been a peeve of mine. The change in tone does need to occur a bit higher especially around the toes. The edge of the fingernail/toenail is a good reference point for where skin should become paler.

I'll try to see what I can do.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, subman109 said:

Do you mind me asking what ENB+Skin Combination you use? I never could get a character to look even half as good with dark skin in skyrim like you.

There's actually a mix of LE and SE screens up in the gallery. In the LE ones, it's Kwanon ENB. In SE, I go between Silent Horizons, PI-CHO and PI-CHO Konan Edition. (It should also be noted that I spend a good deal of time selecting LUTs before taking my screenshots, and each of the above ENBs feature a lot.)

As for the textures, the diffuse map is Bijin, with custom lips added to the face texture. The specular and subsurface scattering maps are from Fair Skin Complexion. The normal maps are a mix of a bunch of different textures. 

The base is Medium Muscles Curvy from Leyenda Skin with some of the muscles painted out, with nipples from one of the additional CBBE 3BA downloads. The arms are blended with Diamond Skin so they flow with Diamond's hand normals.

The head normalmap is a female Redguard one from Leyenda, but I can't remember which face type.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...