how to change one of the hair colors from the slider in the race menu

Zaselim

Hi Guys, I want to know where is the Hair color textures path, I want to change the blue hair color into more lighter version.. I also use ECE..

I don't want to change color of the hair mod i am using, i want to change the blue color which is in the hair color selection in race menu.

i also have extended slider color mod, there'a blue color in it, i want to change it to be a little lighter..So how can i do that, where can i find the dds file for that blue..I searched and my skyrim a bit but didn't find the folder

If i change the color of the hair of my choosing by importing the dds file in adobe, will it show in the slider?

Extended colors has a large majority of shades you could possibly want.  I don't see how 6528 colors isn't enough to get the color. Editing the .dds in most cases will result in reducing the number of colors you'll be able to select as long as the hair relies of Skyrim's hair shaders.

Extended colors has a large majority of shades you could possibly want.  I don't see how 6528 colors isn't enough to get the color. Editing the .dds in most cases will result in reducing the number of colors you'll be able to select as long as the hair relies of Skyrim's hair shaders.

Actually i want my selected hairs to shine/Glow...So i thought by importing the color file in adobe photoshop i will add the outer glow and sade etc stuff. I don't know what kind of 6528 colors (haven't check all of'm) it has cause i use custom color selector in the race menu that ECS offers.  

Never thought about that. At the moment I'm guessing that you would have to change the hair tint proper which you means the hair can only be one color.  Yea you need to then edit the .dds color to blue if you wanted it that way. I would need to look into it first, changing/removing some things can make hairs look ugly.

Never thought about that. At the moment I'm guessing that you would have to change the hair tint proper which you means the hair can only be one color.  Yea you need to then edit the .dds color to blue if you wanted it that way. I would need to look into it first, changing/removing some things can make hairs look ugly.

I don't know how to change the tint file or where it is to begin with but i did tried to edit the dds file and outer glow didn't work because only the outline of the dds file was getting the effect not the hair any how when i tried to export it adobe gave me an error unsupported format,,And i have the dds plug-in installed and i edit the dds files for skyrim for the tattoo and stuff...

Well, here's the miminum changes for getting hair to glow.

5ek.png

There are two ways to do a glow map. One way is black out everything you don't want to glow, recolor the parts you want to glow to you preferred color.

example:

lsf.png

Since you already have the color you want, set Emissive Color to white (255, 255, 255) in nifskope. Emissive Multiple determines the strength on glow, so play with values until the amount of glow seems adequate to you.

The second method is similar, but keeping you glow objects in grayscale (you may need to brighten for better colors). This method is probably better since you can use the Emissive Color property to determine the glow color. If you ever want to change colors, you won't have to keep editing the textures.

Example:

jr8v.png

I personally don't like the way hairs look without the soft lighting flag though.

01i3.jpg

Kinda hard to recolor things the way you want since you many strands overlap each other in UV.  If you want to recolor specific strands, I think it would be far, far easier to separate the mesh into main part and highlights. It easy to do this without having to re weight any of the meshes. You go forgo the glow part, and make the highlights recolor-able in the showracemenu, just like other games. Let me know if you need help with that.

I failed to that, but somehow i managed to get the color i wanted and its also shines in some lighting areas lolzzz

Don't know the 3ds max thing so i didn't try it, But i tried the other method by blacking the area i don;t want and then changed the color then saved it has hair_g.dds and then added it in the nifskope. but the result was not what i wanted..

Archived