Hello, I was wondering if anyone had any links to any step by step literature on to how to mod Dead or Alive 5 Last Round for a complete beginner. I'm looking to extract the models to mess around with them in blender and Xnalara.

I have downloaded the Archive Tool and dropped  the updated "flie5lr.dat" file into the folder

I also downloaded LR Photo Studio 2016.9.23.1

I have been dropping bin files from the DLC folder into the Archive tool and ending up just TCML files at the end so i'm assuming i'm missing some steps, as i'm really not sure what i'm doing, as I have zero modding experience. Any help, advice and/or sage like wisdom would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Archive tool is really easy to use, just check the .TMC/TMCL/--P/---C/--H/HL files for all the characters you want to extract.

.TMC has the model, .TMCL has textures, you must extract those 2 files, one doesn't work without the other

.--P file has the preview picture of the costume, some ingame costumes don't have it

.---C file most used for hairstyles and glasses

.--H/HL contain extra textures for underwear, in modding I use them for color variations

.PHYD file is for some ''destruction'' effect, there are a few costumes like Hitomi clown that uses that file, in game triggers the clown nose to fall off, in modding I use it for costumes with malfunction feature.

Also you will need a few plugins for blender.

A step by step guide there isn't, there are a few ''quick/basic'' guides for some specific things, like making transparent clothes or modding from .xps(or whatever kind of file as long you can import it into blender works too) to TMC/TMCL(files to use in game).

Before you ask, sorry but I won't help you with a hand-holding tutorial of how to mod from zero, I'm answering this because probably I'm one of the last few active modders around.

this thread has links for tools and resources

this one has a basic tutorial on ow make clothes transparent

And this one has info about mod from xps to TMC/TMCL

https://www.deviantart.com/funnybunny666/journal/XPS-to-TMC-a-meh-guide-773994254

You did more than enough, and you have my thanks. I was having trouble just finding/articulating to google what I wanted to accomplish (which ultimately lead me here) So at least I now know I'm stumbling in the right direction. I'll be sure to send you a gift basket if I come back from my journey in one piece.

Edited by CluelessOne
  • 2 weeks later...

I've shared tools for DO5LR modding at Nexus in such a way that works as a beginner guide:

https://www.nexusmods.com/deadoralive5/mods/categories/2/

It starts with AutoLink, follows by LR Photo Studio, Character Transformer tools... all the way to TMC Bone and Polygon Insert tools.

Every shared tool has a tutorial, in which I've aimed to introduce the tools in an order which will allow the new modder to get familiarized with the tools and have a progression when learning how to mod. 

Edited by AyaneKunoichi

Thanks for the advice. I'm making some progress albeit very slow. Hard to find time to learn and there is so much, hopefully tackling it in your order will help, that along with making a few more donuts in blender.

I'n any case I have a random question about editing files in Photoshop. I have been messing around with changing the eye color along with adding make up, bruising and what not and was wondering if there is a way to only edit one side of the face as the "Name_Face_Base" file is only half of the face which I assume is then instructed to be mirror when being applied to the model. Is there a workaround for this? Any insight would be appreciated.

On 1/23/2022 at 7:55 AM, CluelessOne said:

Thanks for the advice. I'm making some progress albeit very slow. Hard to find time to learn and there is so much, hopefully tackling it in your order will help, that along with making a few more donuts in blender.

I'n any case I have a random question about editing files in Photoshop. I have been messing around with changing the eye color along with adding make up, bruising and what not and was wondering if there is a way to only edit one side of the face as the "Name_Face_Base" file is only half of the face which I assume is then instructed to be mirror when being applied to the model. Is there a workaround for this? Any insight would be appreciated.

That would require editing the mesh with a 3D program and mirroring one of the halves in the UV Map so you have the full face, and then do the same with the texture