Beach Paradise, Mai and Reshade conflict - Solved, big Ws

There was a simple method in the original BP thread about renaming the autolink UI d3d9.dll file to work with reshade's d3d9.dll but I cant remember specifically what to rename it to.  If anyone knows that method or has another method please share it with me.

Edited by Goodboy-kun

Here's the text document translated via DeepL:

DOA5LR ui_mod

Author: fallen cat ( Gold.Pumpkins )

Note: The patch may not work in xp, win10

If you want to use the image quality patch, please change the d3d9.dll of the image quality patch to d3d9ex.dll.

The specific execution process is Launch the game => load this patch d3d9.dll => check the existence of d3d9ex.dll when loading d3d9ex.dll

2016-03-03
Fixed feature: Compatible with picture quality patches

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edit: I made the AutoLink d3d9 have the ex added on and the game booted up with AutoLink and ReShade. Didn't start with the added paradise stuff. Looking for fix.

Edited by GE16JD
  • Goodboy-kun changed the title to Beach Paradise, Mai and Reshade? (Help plz)
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Goodboy-kun changed the title to Beach Paradise, Reshade and Mai conflict (STILL NEED HELP 2022)

I dont get the question Reshade and Autolink already work together if your using the latest Beach Paradise 7.0.

Getting Mai, Pai, Alpha, and Sarah in the movie section however will require you to disable reshade.

@Blobbus

Elise works in DOAHDM under Ayane, but she only has a nude slot kinda like Nagisa. Tho I wish Holden would focus more on the new girls since only Sayuri has more dedicated slots with different swimwear.

There also seems to be a slot bug theres 2 blank slots after Elise's nude slot. Unfortunately I can't even report that to Holden since he deleted his DOAHDM thread.

Edited by Futa Lover
1 hour ago, Futa Lover said:

I dont get the question Reshade and Autolink already work together if your using the latest Beach Paradise 7.0.

Getting Mai, Pai, Alpha, and Sarah in the movie section however will require you to disable reshade.

@Blobbus

Elise works in DOAHDM under Ayane, but she only has a nude slot kinda like Nagisa. Tho I wish Holden would focus more on the new girls since only Sayuri has more dedicated slots with different swimwear.

There also seems to be a slot bug theres 2 blank slots after Elise's nude slot. Unfortunately I can't even report that to Holden since he deleted his DOAHDM thread.

I'm asking someone to share a method to get the UI mod (showing Mai) to work with Reshade.  There was a method (from the old BP thread) where you renamed one of the '.dll' files to something else and then you could run the game with both working together.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:20 PM, Futa Lover said:

@Blobbus

@Futa Lover, so here's a dumb question...how do we disable reshade? Thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Goodboy-kun changed the title to Beach Paradise, Mai and Reshade conflict (2022 Unsolved Help Plz)

There is a way to run both together, install asi loader from here to DOA5's folder (name it as dsound.dll): https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases/tag/v4.68

After that just rename Reshade's d3d9.dll to Reshade.asi (renaming Autolink's dll instead will NOT work, that has to be kept as d3d9.dll). This method is not perfect, for some reason you will get massive stutters in the menus (at least I do, I haven't tried with the newest Reshade version), but the Mai beach paradise stuff will work as you wish, as well as the other missing characters. Right now it's the only choice you have (at least the only one I'm aware of) if you want both Reshade and the extra character movies from Autolink.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 8:59 AM, RenaPG said:

There is a way to run both together, install asi loader from here to DOA5's folder (name it as dsound.dll): https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases/tag/v4.68

After that just rename Reshade's d3d9.dll to Reshade.asi (renaming Autolink's dll instead will NOT work, that has to be kept as d3d9.dll). This method is not perfect, for some reason you will get massive stutters in the menus (at least I do, I haven't tried with the newest Reshade version), but the Mai beach paradise stuff will work as you wish, as well as the other missing characters. Right now it's the only choice you have (at least the only one I'm aware of) if you want both Reshade and the extra character movies from Autolink.

just a question, where's Reshade's d3d9.dll file located? 

• Goodboy-kun changed the title to Beach Paradise, Mai and Reshade conflict (Solved, kinda)
On 2/28/2022 at 9:59 AM, RenaPG said:

???

10 hours ago, Goodboy-kun said:

Yup, the menu stutters like he said but Mai makes it worth it.

10 hours ago, Goodboy-kun said:

Yup, the menu stutters like he said but Mai makes it worth it.

sorry for bothering but how did you do it? which files did you replaced/renamed? I don't understand what they mean with Reshade's d3d9  and Autolink's d3d9 as there's only one d3d9 file in the main folder

On 3/21/2022 at 2:22 PM, kaosmei said:

sorry for bothering but how did you do it? which files did you replaced/renamed? I don't understand what they mean with Reshade's d3d9  and Autolink's d3d9 as there's only one d3d9 file in the main folder

I'm there with you bro. I only see one d3d9.dll