Beach Paradise, Mai and Reshade conflict - Solved, big Ws

12 hours ago, p00hax0r said:

I'm there with you bro. I only see one d3d9.dll

When you install Reshade/SweetFX, it will place a d3d9.dll in the game folder.

AutoLink has it's own d3d9.dll included in its files.

According to AutoLink instructions, we should rename the Reshade/SweetFX .dll file to d3d9ex.dll, so AutoLink's d3d9.dll file remains untouched.

In other words: First install the postprocessing mod, then rename its .ddl, and finally copy the AutoLink files to the game folder.

Theoretically, Autolink's .dll should look for the renamed .dll and load it, but this is not happening on Windows 10, at least not for me.

The .dll generates a log in the game folder in .txt format.

I've look into it and it confirmed the .dll fails to install the necessary hooks for both to work together.

This is as far as I went, due to lack of additional knowledge and time.

Edit: For reference, right now I'm running the game with the SweetFX d3d9.dll file in the game folder, so I can have the post processing mod plus AutoLink working. The down side is that there is no Beach Paradise for Mai Shiranui.

Edited by AyaneKunoichi
On 2/28/2022 at 11:59 PM, RenaPG said:

There is a way to run both together, install asi loader from here to DOA5's folder (name it as dsound.dll): https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Ultimate-ASI-Loader/releases/tag/v4.68

After that just rename Reshade's d3d9.dll to Reshade.asi (renaming Autolink's dll instead will NOT work, that has to be kept as d3d9.dll). This method is not perfect, for some reason you will get massive stutters in the menus (at least I do, I haven't tried with the newest Reshade version), but the Mai beach paradise stuff will work as you wish, as well as the other missing characters. Right now it's the only choice you have (at least the only one I'm aware of) if you want both Reshade and the extra character movies from Autolink.

I have found a way to fix the menu stutters.
First, rename "dinput8.dll" to "winmm.dll" in Ultimate-ASI-Loader.zip.
Next, create "winmm.ini" and place it in the game directory.

[GlobalSets]
LoadPlugins=1
LoadFromScriptsOnly=0
DontLoadFromDllMain=0
FindModule=0
UseD3D8to9=0
DisableCrashDumps=1
Direct3D8DisableMaximizedWindowedModeShim=0

And follow RenaPG's guide.

2 hours ago, Salmon Roe said:

[GlobalSets]
LoadPlugins=1
LoadFromScriptsOnly=0
DontLoadFromDllMain=0
FindModule=0
UseD3D8to9=0
DisableCrashDumps=1

WIth this addition, everything works perfectly now so there's no drawback to seeing Mai.  Thank you all sharing your knowledge. ?

• Goodboy-kun changed the title to Beach Paradise, Mai and Reshade conflict - Solved, big Ws
23 hours ago, Salmon Roe said:

[GlobalSets]
LoadPlugins=1
LoadFromScriptsOnly=0
DontLoadFromDllMain=0
FindModule=0
UseD3D8to9=0
DisableCrashDumps=1

20 hours ago, Goodboy-kun said:

WIth this addition, everything works perfectly now so there's no drawback to seeing Mai.  Thank you all sharing your knowledge. ?

Agreed. Thanks everyone for your help!

On 3/26/2022 at 1:09 AM, Salmon Roe said:

[GlobalSets]
LoadPlugins=1
LoadFromScriptsOnly=0
DontLoadFromDllMain=0
FindModule=0
UseD3D8to9=0
DisableCrashDumps=1

Worked like a charm, thanks. The menu stutters were a deal breaker to me, so it's great to know there's a way to get rid of them.

For those who are confused by the instructions and can't get it to work, just download the file I attached. It has all the files you need, including a configured Reshade (I believe it's the config that comes with Beach Paradise), all properly renamed. Make sure you extract to your DOA5 directory and overwrite d3d9.dll if you already have that file in your folder.

EDIT: File removed, see my next post.

Edited by RenaPG

DOA5 Reshade.7z did not match the DOAHDM official one for the most part.
One of the most problematic is the absolute path in "Reshade.ini".
> PresetPath=E:\Games\steamapps\common\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round\reshade-presets\DOAHDM_RESHADE.ini
This would result in Reshade not working on other people's PCs.

However, Beach Paradise 7.0 also has a problem as it is, the relative paths specified by ReShade.ini do not match the three actual names.
> PresetPath=.\reshade-presets\DOAHDM_RESHADE.ini
DOAHDM_RESHADE_OLD.ini
DOAHDM_RESHADE_PERFORMANCE.ini
DOAHDM_RESHADE_QUALITY.ini

These need to have one of the "_QUALITY" or "_PERFORMANCE" parts removed to match the performance of your PC.

Oh, that's right, I forgot there are specified paths in the ini files. So some changes are necessary, but you covered that at least.

EDIT: I uploaded another file with the path fixed, should work as is on any PC now. I believe the Reshade preset I'm using is the "quality" one from BP.

DOA5 Reshade Fixed.7z

Edited by RenaPG

Is there another solution that could remove stutters in menus? I created the winmm.ini file with the content mentioned by @Salmon Roe but I still have stutters in menus. I tried replacing the Reshade file with a reshade from multiple other versions, modifying the reshade.ini, modifying the winmm.ini, renaming the winmm files to the other possible combinaisons mentioned in the github readme, removing non essential dlls in my game, deactivating all reshade filters, renaming the reshade file to d3d9ex.dll and I also tried @RenaPG's pack but it seems that nothing makes the game not stutter except removing the d3d9 file or the reshade one.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 2:07 PM, Darklink789 said:

Is there another solution that could remove stutters in menus? I created the winmm.ini file with the content mentioned by @Salmon Roe but I still have stutters in menus. I tried replacing the Reshade file with a reshade from multiple other versions, modifying the reshade.ini, modifying the winmm.ini, renaming the winmm files to the other possible combinaisons mentioned in the github readme, removing non essential dlls in my game, deactivating all reshade filters, renaming the reshade file to d3d9ex.dll and I also tried @RenaPG's pack but it seems that nothing makes the game not stutter except removing the d3d9 file or the reshade one.

I can also report that I'm suffering menu stutters on the latest version of BP (8.0), with follows Salmon's advice to solve these stutters.

On 5/2/2022 at 4:14 AM, LUMANOUZ said:

Since holden already made mai compatible with reshade this thread is no longer needed right?

I've BP 7.0 and how do i use removed costumes on BP 8.0? Which files do i need to copy?

Yeah, this thread is now redundant since the new updates should have everything.

• 5 months later...