Request: Fake First Person

Ether

HeX_0ff's Unnecessary Violence mod had an interesting way of dealing with some first- versus third-person animation issues for his combat overhaul that he called a "Fake First Person" camera mode.

Fake First Person Mode (FFP Mode)
- First FFP mode exists because many of the UV animations don't (and really can't have) first person equivalents. I simply haven't the skills to make them, and even if I did, I don't think they'd map well to your actions. Kind of like the way the left and right power attacks are spinning in third person and just look like normal attacks in first person. The UV animations have a lot of spinning and flipping etc. Plus there's also the issue of the kicks. Most armour doesn't have legs in first person mode. FFP neatly solves all these problems at once.
- What FFP mode actually is is third person, with your whole character, except for your hands and weapons nulled, and the camera locked as close as the engine will allow behind your head. Fighting in FFP mode feels much more like real first person than third person though, and you'll see your hands and weapons moving as they should when you perform attacks, walk around etc.
- When you sheath your weapon you'll automatically be returned to normal first person mode (this is to ensure you have a crosshair and also because having the weapon at your side/on your back leads to some rather strange looking effects. The viewport change between FFP and real first person in minimal, so the change if fairly unobtrusive.

I've done a pretty thorough search of the Nexus looking for this idea as a standalone mod but haven't found it. In a way, I'm kind of glad I didn't find one because I'm hoping someone will be able to recreate this idea with a few simple modifications on the original.

Really, all I'm looking for is a hotkey toggle-able FFP mode without the nullification of the rest of the body. It's apparently possible to match the mode to a hotkey (HeX_0ff essentially already mapped the hotkey to the sheath/unsheath weapon command, but being able to choose the hotkey would be nice, too). The final product would essentially just lock the camera "as close as the engine will allow behind your head" with the press of a chosen hotkey and unlock the camera on a second press. I understand there's a few mods out there that "replace first-person animations with third-person animations" but that's not quite what I'm looking for.

The purpose I'm hoping this potential mod will serve is to retain a realistic first-person view of poses and scripted animations (like those found in various pose packs and dance mods as well as some animation replacers that don't include first-person versions like KTSN's Stylized Stances) and situations where you're forced into third-person mode (like when you get paralyzed or knocked down and of course Lovers animations) without comprimising the original first-person view or being forced to watch them from a third-person perspective.

And thank you for even taking the time to read this and thank you even more if you consider making this mod, I really do appreciate the time.

I think this might help:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20891

Keep in mind however that the users on the comment section are saying that it is really bug. Sigh... I wish someone would fix those bugs... 

I'm also very very interested in this. Reminds me of Mirror's Edge or something like that and it makes the game a lot more immersive. It would be a very very nice addition and I hope someone either fixes the mod i've linked you to or makes a new one from scratch. I'd do it myself but I have no scripting abilities whatsoever so it is probably not a good idea, uh?

Archived