Tentacle Symbiosis Patch for LV

So when I saw Lustful Void was going to include Sexopolis and More I was ecstatic. Then I saw the Tentacle Symbiosis Origin wasn't working quite right. It didn't have most of the awesome districts from the original mod. So I sat down and decided to fix that. Several hours of work later I present this patch. I'm not adding anything new, in fact everything in here is from either the Original Sexopolis mod or from Lustful Void where I had to overwrite a few things. Basically all credit goes to Buttson117 and Lithia<3. so if either of them want me to take this down I will. If Lithia<3 wants to take what I've done and wrap it back into LV proper I'm fine with that too, all I ask is a spot in the credits section.

INSTALLATION:

Download the zip and place the contents in your mod folder. Make sure it loads after LV so my changes overwrite the original files where need be.

NOTE:

This is my first ever attempt at a mod. So I'm sure I missed something and I doubt I'll be able to offer much support for this. Nor will I be able to help with compatibility issues.

Tentacle Symbiosis Patch Fixed.7z

Edited by Krejil
updated file

After downloading the mod the launcher gives me the "invalid file path" error, looks like you used your own file name - "path="C:/Users/maste[...]" ", this causes anyone with a different username to get that error, since the directory obviously does not exist.

This should be fixable it by changing it to: "path="mod/Tentacle_Symbiosis_Patch" ".

Hope this helps to clear up some confusion.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently the tentacle milk cows from the tentacle worlds aren't affected by modifiers that affect milk cow output/upkeep.

I took a moment to write up the economic category "planet_tentacle_milk_cow" you used for the job, and set it to use the LV milk cow category as a parent, so it would be affected by milk cow modifiers.

Just throw it in a "economic_categories" folder in the common folder of the mod and it should work.

It probably needs localization and whatnot to be added too, but this seems to work function wise at least.

stentacle_categories.txt

Edited by QQLazors
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 11:53 PM, Krejil said:

So when I saw Lustful Void was going to include Sexopolis and More I was ecstatic. Then I saw the Tentacle Symbiosis Origin wasn't working quite right. It didn't have most of the awesome districts from the original mod. So I sat down and decided to fix that. Several hours of work later I present this patch. I'm not adding anything new, in fact everything in here is from either the Original Sexopolis mod or from Lustful Void where I had to overwrite a few things. Basically all credit goes to Buttson117 and Lithia<3. so if either of them want me to take this down I will. If Lithia<3 wants to take what I've done and wrap it back into LV proper I'm fine with that too, all I ask is a spot in the credits section.

INSTALLATION:

Download the zip and place the contents in your mod folder. Make sure it loads after LV so my changes overwrite the original files where need be.

NOTE:

This is my first ever attempt at a mod. So I'm sure I missed something and I doubt I'll be able to offer much support for this. Nor will I be able to help with compatibility issues.

Tentacle Symbiosis Patch Fixed.7z 27.69 kB · 244 downloads

Could be a good idea to post this in the LV thread so Lithia can incorporate it into LV? :)

10 hours ago, Thegameing said:

Looks like there is a bug regarding spire jobs in tentacle world. I have vacant jobs in the spire jobs but none of my pops would enter it.

You sure you didn't update to 3.2? Extended Stellaris Traditions had this happen with their Shadow Administrator jobs because of some line like possible_precalc = 

Revert back to 3.1 if so.

EDIT - It looks like 3.2 might have broken basically any mod that changes jobs, even custom added. Best bet is to stay on 3.1 until they update, unless you're comfortable making changes yourself.

Edited by emptystring
  • 4 weeks later...