Gardening Layouts

I always end up defaulting to gardening as a career when I play. I'm curious as to how everyone else lays out their gardens and what CC they use. Screenshots please!

44 minutes ago, ErinC7214 said:

I always end up defaulting to gardening as a career when I play. I'm curious as to how everyone else lays out their gardens and what CC they use. Screenshots please!

Do not have screenshots, but I toss things wherever. I only plant things for Supernatural potions, or ITF flowers to make trait chips. I might plant along the house, garage or a fence. A house I used a while ago already had a small garden, and I just used that when I needed. Once, I planted a large crop of ITF flowers then found you can not sell them!!! I do not do that any longer! @landess has planted field of KW "herbs".

OY! And I generally give a FemmeBot a gardening trait chip... they just autonomously tend the gardens. With crystal plants, they only need be told once, which to charge them with, and they will then continue each time they tend the garden. )))

On 10/25/2021 at 3:00 AM, ErinC7214 said:

These are spare sample imagery from my animations pack where the plants featured strongly.

All the plants are base game. I wish TS3 had a larger CC plant base.

1240642818_Garden01.jpg.2a6a2ca47cd5d25a0b1567278895aa91.jpg

1015427713_Garden02.jpg.9408416d632ce90b446e2b532a1dcf3b.jpg

282036617_Garden03.jpg.6990af1987462f26b1d41abee74adfeb.jpg

288258325_Garden04.jpg.0272ba0ed9465f2e1c0a849f4c0b121b.jpg

629851037_Garden05.jpg.57458829944de827a4f6e698bcbd24a1.jpg

534049703_Garden06.jpg.9901e4b19ac0c16319ca7907bc206f3e.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I always create indoor greenhouses. I use the Nature's Soil Rugs from ITF to be able plant any plant indoors. I also use the SwiftGro Gardening Station from the Store, to keep the plants watered. It automatically keeps them all watered, no settings to configure or anything. It also has two great functions to talk to all the plants at once, which improves their quality, and to fertilize all the plants at once, using 3 items for the whole garden. Fertilizing them with this also removes all the weeds at the same time. Finally, the gardening station can help identify most unidentified seeds found.

For CC, I have the Box of Seeds (the small chest seen on the table outside the greenhouse in the first pic), which lets you set some number of seeds to keep of each plant, and then you can easily always keep only the best quality seeds for planting new plants. After each harvesting session, just click on the box and tell it to keep the best seeds, and it will be updated with any newer or better plants harvested. Also, I have the Replant Interaction from DouglasVeiga, which allows you to click on any plant (dead or still alive) and replant it with a better quality version. It combines removing dead plants with replacing them at the same location.

I do have the greenhouse set from the store, but it doesn't really do anything functional. It makes something look like a greenhouse, but you still can't plant anything in the greenhouse if the room is fully enclosed to protect the plants from winter. The pics here are actually using the skylights that come with Roaring Heights. With the ITF rugs, plants will grow and don't actually need any light. I have put the rugs in the basement of a houseboat before and had stuff growing just fine below the water surface, with no light except for the room lamps.

Edit: oh yeah, I usually plan to try and organize the plants, but as I get access to more plants or I find and plant unknown seeds, stuff just ends up all over the place. The only thing I do try to keep to is to make sure that there is actually enough room to move around and actually tend to the plants. The game will let you plant stuff in really tight areas, but when you try to weed or harvest it, you can't actually get to it with all the other stuff around it.

Screenshot-54.jpg.54af1256e9aad8e3061a1f6cf7f22a2e.jpg

Screenshot-55.jpg.19e4f3be6c28c0cc87c8a0bc7323d11f.jpg

Screenshot-56.jpg.d339f9cb575574dbf8fd039cba9498cc.jpg

Edited by FreakyRufus
forgot stuff