2k face and body - how to?

Anyone got a practical little list for the needed mods and the install order to get 2k working reliably? I don't use the HD-dlc, usually got it running easily using 1k textures over CBBE, bot all my efforts regarding 2k so far ran into brown-face-bog. I'm in the process of setting up FusionGirl and ZEX, to get some decent looking bodies going, I'm looking to set it up exclusively 2K regarding the body and face this time. What's a good combo to run and make decent-looking chars?

If you use Looks Menu Customization Compendium make sure you install  "LMCC 2k Face Textures".  This is a gotcha that people forget.  You have your body texture, you have your 2K face texture but forgot or don't realize LMCC is still the lower resolution.

Your body texture is first, followed by face texture.  I am using "Natural Face Textures 2K All in One".  You can use any Fusion Girl Body texture you like but ensure the face texture is under that in load order.  LMCC is higher than the body and face texture mods.  

Also ensure there are no follower or NPC mods with their own textures that may overwrite your character textures.  You can of course use Unique Player to keep meshes/textures separate for NPC's.

Load Order

Looksmenu

LMCC

LMCC 2k Face

Fusion Girl Mod  (Has own body textures you may keep if you like.)

Body Texture Mod

2k Face Texture Mod

Move last two, if needed, down in your load order if being overwritten by other mods or copy mesh/textures into Unique Player and/or Follower.

This is why I always do my character body first, starting new play through, before going crazy with the rest of my mod installation.  I want to ensure the character looks good and I can just keep going back to earlier save until everything looks good.  

12 hours ago, Cornoholio said:

Anyone got a practical little list for the needed mods and the install order to get 2k working reliably? I don't use the HD-dlc, usually got it running easily using 1k textures over CBBE, bot all my efforts regarding 2k so far ran into brown-face-bog. I'm in the process of setting up FusionGirl and ZEX, to get some decent looking bodies going, I'm looking to set it up exclusively 2K regarding the body and face this time. What's a good combo to run and make decent-looking chars?

Spoiler

Body Textures
Ruby Skin: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/52788?tab=description
Ida: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10726
Nuclear Nude: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1608
Natural Female WB CBBE: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20218
Pride of Valhalla - HD Skin Set for CBBE: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13001
Ghouls Revamped: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/33666
Fusiongirl skin texture hotfix Compendium (FG Patches for above Textures):   https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/47062?tab=description

Radiation Queen True Skin Textures for Fusion Girl: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37464
Pure Ida:

Face Textures
Natural 2K Face Textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/33331
Real HD Face Textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20445
Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3841

Some Links for Fusion Girl Body and Face Textures.

Thanks, that got it working... and some bugs in the AAF-mess that always plagued me using CBBE are gone too. Funnily enough it works more fluidly under FG than it ever did under CBBE. Now, if I get Physics to work...especially with so many mods being removed from nexus. Seems tork only with specific outfits, but not when naked...

Edited by Cornoholio
16 hours ago, Cornoholio said:

Thanks, that got it working... and some bugs in the AAF-mess that always plagued me using CBBE are gone too. Funnily enough it works more fluidly under FG than it ever did under CBBE. Now, if I get Physics to work...especially with so many mods being removed from nexus. Seems tork only with specific outfits, but not when naked...

Physics Preset with Collision.

Physics Preset No Collisions

Mod to add Physics to NPC and PC.

Mod to add Physics to NPC and PC.

Choose Either OCBP or OCBPC, not both.

Choose one Preset (Bouncy Settings).    Presets by MrTroublemaker

Load Order

Fusion Girl Body

OCBPC or OCBP

MTM 3BB OCBP OCBPC Physics Preset

You can also use CPB for physics mod.  It is also available here.

Huh, so I got it actually right: I got FusionGirl 1.85, then after that OCBPC-0.3-ZeX4 and finally the first file of yours up there, MTM 3BBB OCBP OCBPC Physics Preset...

This is why I don't get why it won't work, it's all set up for OCBPC collision. When I for instance use some clothes by Vtaw it actually does work - but naked the boobs are totally immobile.

1 hour ago, Cornoholio said:

Huh, so I got it actually right: I got FusionGirl 1.85, then after that OCBPC-0.3-ZeX4 and finally the first file of yours up there, MTM 3BBB OCBP OCBPC Physics Preset...

This is why I don't get why it won't work, it's all set up for OCBPC collision. When I for instance use some clothes by Vtaw it actually does work - but naked the boobs are totally immobile.

Don't forget to build body in bodyslide.  In Bodyslide hold down Ctl Key and click on Build Button.  Should generate FemaleBody.nif and .tri if you had Build Morphs checked.  You may need to move the generated files to Unique Player manually if you use that mod.  The .nif file is a mesh so ensure it goes in mesh folder.  Your generated body files may show up in different places.  Mine are in my BodySlideGen folder that I created a mod for from my MO2 Overwrites folder.  It may initially be in Overwrites if you use MO2 or in the Bodyslide folder. Check the dates of the files to see that they match when you did the build of your body.  If you don't use UniquePlayer you can just click build and all NPC's will use the same body as you except maybe for NPC's in mods with custom bodies, like some follower mods.

Also when you build all the clothes for Fusion Girl don't forget about the Fusion and BodyTalk Bodies.  Under Outfit/Body you should have FusionGirl-Nude.  Just below that under preset you would have the preset you are using.  Mine is Fusion-ZeroedSliders.  When you click on Batch Build ensure Fusion Girl Nude is selected and the BodyTalk files.  This will ensure the female and male body files are created.

Your nude body should bounce.  I often will do a print screen and I have noticed when you do that NPC's and your character will have bouncing parts as you press the print screen button.  If you still have no bounce ensure nothing is overriding your character meshes.  Also ensure you installed the Zaz Skeleton, which I am sure you have, and it is just below the order I listed above.  Ensure it is also not being overwritten.  Last but not least check the MTM Physics preset, if you used it, and ensure that got installed correctly.

10 hours ago, Samuraitech said:

Don't forget to build body in bodyslide.  In Bodyslide hold down Ctl Key and click on Build Button.  Should generate FemaleBody.nif and .tri if you had Build Morphs checked.  You may need to move the generated files to Unique Player manually if you use that mod.  The .nif file is a mesh so ensure it goes in mesh folder.  Your generated body files may show up in different places.  Mine are in my BodySlideGen folder that I created a mod for from my MO2 Overwrites folder.  It may initially be in Overwrites if you use MO2 or in the Bodyslide folder. Check the dates of the files to see that they match when you did the build of your body.  If you don't use UniquePlayer you can just click build and all NPC's will use the same body as you except maybe for NPC's in mods with custom bodies, like some follower mods.

Also when you build all the clothes for Fusion Girl don't forget about the Fusion and BodyTalk Bodies.  Under Outfit/Body you should have FusionGirl-Nude.  Just below that under preset you would have the preset you are using.  Mine is Fusion-ZeroedSliders.  When you click on Batch Build ensure Fusion Girl Nude is selected and the BodyTalk files.  This will ensure the female and male body files are created.

Your nude body should bounce.  I often will do a print screen and I have noticed when you do that NPC's and your character will have bouncing parts as you press the print screen button.  If you still have no bounce ensure nothing is overriding your character meshes.  Also ensure you installed the Zaz Skeleton, which I am sure you have, and it is just below the order I listed above.  Ensure it is also not being overwritten.  Last but not least check the MTM Physics preset, if you used it, and ensure that got installed correctly.

...I am an idiot. I built the "clothes template" body with my preset of choice, and didn't build the standard "naked" one, since when batch-building Bodyslide offers you a choice to make between the two and the censored ones... built it separately, and things work. That extra step I hadn't seen anywhere before, apparently FG uses a separate "body" for the outfits and the naked one.

Edited by Cornoholio
7 hours ago, Cornoholio said:

...I am an idiot. I built the "clothes template" body with my preset of choice, and didn't build the standard "naked" one, since when batch-building Bodyslide offers you a choice to make between the two and the censored ones... built it separately, and things work. That extra step I hadn't seen anywhere before, apparently FG uses a separate "body" for the outfits and the naked one.

The "Extra Step" exporting your .nif and .tri files are only for things like Unique Player or Follower.  Also Outfit Manager can use this as a reference when you are modifying outfits.

You could also use it to create a unique body for your companions using a  preset you like.  Some Companion Mods will allow you to swap the bodies.

You probably don't need the extra step if don't use Unique Player or Follower.  Only problem with that is all NPC's would have the same body type as you unless you are using BodyGen.  BodyGen is a way to add morphs to all NPC's, Companions and your own character.

I found a mod that randomizes NPC weight and muscle, that does it fairly well for me when I manipulate my char with the looksmenu sliders. With "extra step" I meant that FG offers one more "base body" than CBBE/TWB does - and Bodyslide only offers you a choice of one of those when you batch-build.

Now if I only could figure out a way to pack a .bsa/.bs2 either with a standalone app or how to do it with CK without basically building a brand-new mod. So annoying, all these limitations that thing has... to even get it to run I had to move my install-folder, since my basic steam install and my library were on different drives: Oh, your GFYS64_steam_ballz.dll isn't in the same folder as your CK install? Fuck you, can't run. Cant pack to anywhere else than my game directory either, or without actually creating a load of new files that fuck up the mod I edited... I need the Bethesda Archive Extractor, but in reverse -_-

On 10/18/2021 at 5:28 PM, Samuraitech said:

Some Links for Fusion Girl Body and Face Textures.

I tried Nuclear Nude and it never gave me the textures. Meaning they weren't aligned correctly. Even if i copied it. I think its not made for FG so i reason that is why i did not work for me.

Right now i am using Radiation Queen which works well. Though i seem to have problem with Tattoo's.

I would have loved to use Nuclear because it has that dirty, smudgy skin. Unless someone knows how i can use it with FG. The author only wrote its not CBBE compatible.

The skins are all good but i need something dirty. Radiation is not as dirty but has all these pocks and moles. Looks pretty good.

Edited by wutpickel
4 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I tried Nuclear Nude and it never gave me the textures. Meaning they weren't aligned correctly. Even if i copied it. I think its not made for FG so i reason that is why i did not work for me.

Right now i am using Radiation Queen which works well. Though i seem to have problem with Tattoo's.

I would have loved to use Nuclear because it has that dirty, smudgy skin. Unless someone knows how i can use it with FG. The author only wrote its not CBBE compatible.

The skins are all good but i need something dirty. Radiation is not as dirty but has all these pocks and moles. Looks pretty good.

Fusiongirl skin texture hotfix Compendium at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

This mod is supposed to have patches for various textures to work with Fusion Girl.  One of them is Nuclear Nude.  Try Nuclear Nude with this patch and see if it works.

You can easily remove it if you don't like it.

9 hours ago, Samuraitech said:

Fusiongirl skin texture hotfix Compendium at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

This mod is supposed to have patches for various textures to work with Fusion Girl.  One of them is Nuclear Nude.  Try Nuclear Nude with this patch and see if it works.

You can easily remove it if you don't like it.

Ah, i wasn't aware of that. Thanks. Yes, i will try it out. This would be great if it works. Not that i do not like the other skins, but this one i mentioned is for my gameplay an asset. :)

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2021 at 3:17 PM, wutpickel said:

Ah, i wasn't aware of that. Thanks. Yes, i will try it out. This would be great if it works. Not that i do not like the other skins, but this one i mentioned is for my gameplay an asset. :)

So... I like the nuclear skins, but they ain't 2k...did it work?

22 minutes ago, Cornoholio said:

So... I like the nuclear skins, but they ain't 2k...did it work?

Honestly, i do not remember that well.

I have to check if i have my fallout setup still. At the moment i am playing Skyrim again.

But yes, nuclear skin worked fine for me.

Spoiler

NuclearNude.thumb.jpg.b747d4f74f915470559f620f30b5a30e.jpgNuclearNudeBody.thumb.jpg.b1e4e7abc6d18489b30dccbcee50255f.jpg

PC Nude with Nuclear Nude and FG Fix.  Done just for demonstration.

Spoiler

idaBodyNude.thumb.jpg.c0803154d965e43e4b5381122f4ffd21.jpg

Spoiler

idaClothes.thumb.jpg.d21fc19844f0200aaf9b1f413868ab82.jpg

PC Clothed with ida and FG Fix.  This is my current texture.

Nuclear somewhat works with FG body but you would need to play around with texture for hands.  

I think this would be fine for raiders but I prefer something like ida or FSM for my character and non raider NPC's.

I think the pubic area could use some work with the nuclear nude textures.

For some reason I have problems posting images in spoiler tags when in edit mode.  Need more practice I guess.

Edited by Samuraitech

I guess I should mention if you use Nuclear Nude textures, which are 1K face textures, then use Natural 2K Face or similar mod but place below the body textures in your load order.

If you use Unique Player then copy and paste the textures into that mod manually.  

I keep textures in folders within my Unique Player texture folder.  You can also make one maybe called current with those textures.   This way you can move textures in and out like I just did to see how they look in game.  Example:  I have FSM, ida, Ruby and Unrealistic in their own folders within the Unique Player Textures folder.  

I have a mod called Raiders Body that can inject unique raider meshes and textures into the game.  If you wanted to use Nuclear Nude only for Raiders, you could copy/paste them from Nuclear Nude into the Raiders Body mod.  I am surprised there never was a "Unique Raiders" mod.  We have "Unique Player" and "Unique Followers".  Why not just carry on the theme?  

Edited by Samuraitech