[Fixed] Devious Devices 5.1 - Broken and I have no clue how to fix it

Edit: The problem was an incompatibility with No Enchantment Restrictions.

Since yesterday I have a game-breaking issue. some of the devices get stuck in a pseudo-equip loop, where they are equipped but DD thinks they are not, only giving the "put on" prompt, sometimes repeating it several times after another. if that happens, those devices cannot be removed in any way: cannot be unequipped, dropped, removed via MCM, player.removeitem and even an entire inventory clear doesnt remove them from the character. I have installed some mods today, but have tried uninstalling all of them but that didn't fix the issue. 

I have tried reverting to a previous point in the save before it happened, do a whole new character and even try old saves, the issue exists in all of them.

If anyone asks, the mods I installed yesterday were:

clothing mods:
- COCO Pinup Cheongsam SE CBBE
- COCO Asuka Suit SE CBBE
- COCO Succubus SE CBBE

- [Kirax] Project Vindictus Vol.1 Remastered SSE RUS

- [Kirax] Project Vindictus Vol.1 Remastered SSE - Bodyslide Files 3BBB SMP v0.2

- Project Vindictus Vol.2 CBBE 3BA BodySlide SE

- Project Vindictus Vol.3 CBBE 3BA SE 1-1-0

- Newmiller Elven dress long CBBE Bodyslide with HDT-SMP - Dress elven long 1_125 CBBE

house mods:

- Frostvale Estate SE
- Silverstead Se

- Silian Manor SE

- Dragonstead SE

- ElysiumEstate5.0.1

everything else:

- Enhanced Vanilla Trees SE 4k

- More Perk Points Per Level
- Better Fortify Smithing - And Enchanting - Enchantment

- DecoratorHelperV20

- Multiple Floors Sandboxing

- My Home is Your Home

- Hearthfire Multiple Adoptions and Custom Home Support
- KSHairVanilla-3

- Project Clarity - Armor Full Resolution

- Hoodless Dragon Priest Masks - REPLACER With Hoods Support

- InsanitySorrow Weapons Pack v1.7

- Ebony Reshape 1.2

- Ebony Edge - Ebony Sword and Greatsword model replacers - Ebony Edge - Standalone ESPFE (Leveled-List Integration)

Load Order is attached, as well as a video of the issue, though there is no sound. a constant equipping sound is played throughout the prompt spam.

thanks for the potential help, i dont know what to do anymore

loadorder.txt

Edited by IIIIlIlIllllIIIlIllIII

I had this problem once and I think it was the way I installed one or more mods / comparability patches. It was a while ago so I don't remember to clearly but I do remember it killing my save and that I reinstalled the mods until I found one that had some option that I had not clicked and rereading it I realized it needed to be checked.
you could also try just reinstalling DD and redoing FINIS to see if that works. in case it was a corrupt install?

Sorry I cant be more helpful.

After installing new mods did you also create new game?

Did DD work as expected before installing new mods?

None of the new mods should logically affect DD.

Save game remembers mod load order. If you install or uninstall mods in the middle of a playthrough, you mess up the load order. Thus save game can become corrupted.

You can try to fix save game with reSaver but best solution would be to create new game.

If creating new game doesn't fix problem then there is probably only the hard way to find cause. You should first download and install a mod like either Live Another Life or Skyrim Unbound. Major timesaver that lets you skip slow default game intro. When done then:

- Uninstall all new mods you listed.

- Create new game and verify that DD works

- If DD works then install only a few new mods. (like 3 to 5 new mods. Shouldn't take too long to test all new mods, if you can skip intro)

- Create new game.

- Test if DD is working.

- If yes, install few more new mods and test again. Repeat installing new mods + new game and testing, until DD is not working.

- If DD is not working then the one of the latest X number of mods you installed is causing the problem.

5 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

After installing new mods did you also create new game?

Did DD work as expected before installing new mods?

None of the new mods should logically affect DD.

Save game remembers mod load order. If you install or uninstall mods in the middle of a playthrough, you mess up the load order. Thus save game can become corrupted.

You can try to fix save game with reSaver but best solution would be to create new game.

If creating new game doesn't fix problem then there is probably only the hard way to find cause. You should first download and install a mod like either Live Another Life or Skyrim Unbound. Major timesaver that lets you skip slow default game intro. When done then:

- Uninstall all new mods you listed.

- Create new game and verify that DD works

- If DD works then install only a few new mods. (like 3 to 5 new mods. Shouldn't take too long to test all new mods, if you can skip intro)

- Create new game.

- Test if DD is working.

- If yes, install few more new mods and test again. Repeat installing new mods + new game and testing, until DD is not working.

- If DD is not working then the one of the latest X number of mods you installed is causing the problem.

done all that, even reinstalled DD, the problem persists. it has nothing to do with those mods, surprisingly. am considering a full new install of skyrim now.

I took a look at your load order and saw a few potential issues.

- The first thing I saw was Devious Devices SE patch.esp which I'm unfamiliar with and could be causing issues. Edit: it's just a part of Devious Devices I just missed it.

- The next thing was DeviousCarriages.esp which I believe is quite buggy currently.

- I also saw you have JailRape.esp which I believe is incompatible with Cursed Loot's prison overhaul (I doubt this is related to your issue but worth fixing anyways).

I would also make sure all your mods are up to date.

If you're using Mod Organizer 2 you should try disabling mods until the issue goes away then slowly enable mods until you get the issue again so you can pinpoint the mod causing issues. If you're not using MO2 then I suggest switching to it as your mod list is large enough that other options are impractical.

Edit: It looks like you are using Vortex. I would recommend switching to Mod Organizer 2 as it has many tools that help with managing large mod lists and your bound to run into more issues if you continue to expand your mod list.

Edited by parchedmanager
6 hours ago, IIIIlIlIllllIIIlIllIII said:

am considering a full new install of skyrim now

If there is a mod conflict then reinstalling game is most likely not going to solve problem.

You need to create a base mod setup where DD is working and then gradually start to add mods. Both Vortex and Mod Organizer 2 have multiple profile support so you could create new mod setup with a new profile.

Start by including only:

- Sexlab and base Sexlab related mods like Arousal, Anim Loader and SLSO.

- SOS

- Base functionality mods like XP skeleton, FNIS, SOS and Racemenu

- DD

- ZAZ

- CBBE and 3BBB body mods

- SkyUI

- Unofficial Skyrim Patch mod

- Animation mods

- AddItemMenu + UIExtensions (so you can give yourself some DD items immediately after creating new game + restraint or chastity keys if needed)

- Either Live Another Life mod or Skyrim Unbound mod to skip slow intro

Test if DD works in that setup.

If DD works then add creature mods and test again.

If DD still works then you can start adding random mods and test. But don't add too many mods each time because at some point DD is probably broken again and then you have to figure out which of the X latest added mods are causing the problem.

Edited by Shadowbroker3495
4 hours ago, Shadowbroker3495 said:

If there is a mod conflict then reinstalling game is most likely not going to solve problem.

You need to create a base mod setup where DD is working and then gradually start to add mods. Both Vortex and Mod Organizer 2 have multiple profile support so you could create new mod setup with a new profile.

Start by including only:

- Sexlab and base Sexlab related mods like Arousal, Anim Loader and SLSO.

- SOS

- Base functionality mods like XP skeleton, FNIS, SOS and Racemenu

- DD

- ZAZ

- CBBE and 3BBB body mods

- SkyUI

- Unofficial Skyrim Patch mod

- Animation mods

- AddItemMenu + UIExtensions (so you can give yourself some DD items immediately after creating new game + restraint or chastity keys if needed)

- Either Live Another Life mod or Skyrim Unbound mod to skip slow intro

Test if DD works in that setup.

If DD works then add creature mods and test again.

If DD still works then you can start adding random mods and test. But don't add too many mods each time because at some point DD is probably broken again and then you have to figure out which of the X latest added mods are causing the problem.

just did the first step and can confirm that it works flawlessly. now i know it is a mod incompatibility. thanks, will proceed to test smallbatches of mods now

I am at a loss. the apparent incompatibility lies between DD and: "Address Library for SKSE Plugins". 
Address Library for SKSE Plugins is required for a ton of script mods however. I don't know why there is this incompatibility now, i've had both mods for a while and had no complications. please, somebody, help me

• BuryTheLight changed the title to [Fixed] Devious Devices 5.1 - Broken and I have no clue how to fix it