Cult of Namira

Creamlord666

I wondered why no one yet had mentioned it...maybe because I'm an old perv XD

Well there already exist a cult of Namria (starting in Markath) and for those who aren't familiar with Namira's ... well desires, she is the ruler of sundry dark and shadowy spirits; associated with spiders, insects, slugs, and other repulsive creatures which inspire mortals with an instinctive revulsion and known as the mistress of decay and the devourer of the dead (Wiki).

I just wanted to start this thread as some bassin for ideas since I'm a terrible modder and wanted to gather some opinions, critics and even funny comments from the bunch that lurks around here.

Basically I got this idea when I tested Estrus for Skyrim and Estrus Chaurus (both can be found here) and then I stumbled over this disgusting but hilarious mod:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/21453/?

You see I would like to see that cult somewhat extended - LoversLab-style hehe (pic related)

So gimme some feedback...or not if you like

post-36247-0-94150800-1369917410_thumb.jpg

Cannibalism needs an overhaul imo. The benefits of eating a corpse are too brief and subtle to be worth risking getting caught. I think it should also go hand-in-hand with vampirism with the addition of Dawnguard. The Volkihar vampires appear to be eating their cattle as well, so I say anyone turned should get an extra bonus for devouring human flesh.

I never got into this cannibalism thing with Namira - took her ring and waved goodbye since the whole quest wasn't that good.But now that you've mentioned it I thought of some kind of special sneak attack but with the ring of Namira it could be looked and animated like you bite your victim in the neck and rip a chunk of flesh from him. Summoning maggots to get rid of the body and respective evidence for your unsocial attitudes. Midas magic mod had this bug swarm to unleash on our enemies wich was kinda cool I guess I saw a summon chaurus as well somewhere. Another idea wich just came up was a more visual enhancement - for all of you who have watched "The book of Eli" will remember that people who ate to many human meat had a "sick" look especially on the fingernails. Since vampirism changes your appearance to the point where you can suffer from random hatred of "brave" townfolks I think it could be a immersive asset as well for cannibalism.

Oh look what you got me into lol - I speak only about tasty human burger wich brings me to the origin idea. I was forced to watch "Hansel & Gretel - Witchhunters" lately and only one scene remained in my brain - the point where that huntsman came back to town with this maggot curse only to asplode into a gush of intestines and vermin after he managed to deliver his warning to some drunk people in the tavern (and not to the mayor of that town wich would have made more sense).

Heh, sneak cannibalism... I can already see my char sneaking up on an unsuspecting victim and, out of nowhere, start chomping their head off xD... but I bet that'd alarm others if anyone was close. Although, considering the situation, I guess they'd be more likely to run away, screaming in sheer terror, rather than pulling out one of their butter knives and start poking.

Nice idea ;).

Another thing is that like this mod, you shouldn't need to have Namira's ring equipped to benefit from it's special abilities. It sucks (and not to mention immersion-breaking) to have to keep equipping the ring to eat a corpse. I find it very annoying to keep swapping my ring slot to eat someone.

I like the idea of sneaking up on someone and chomping down on them a lot. Perhaps there should also be radiant quests given out by returning to Namira's shrine and she'll give you additional targets to kill and cannibalize. In turn you could slowly earn her favor and she'll upgrade your cannibalism "skill", making eating people more beneficial. Or kidnapping people and storing them in a dungeon to feast on later would be equally cool.

Yeah, Moonlight Tales...I use that currently together with Bloodmoon Rising. Makes me feel like an ever-hungry lunatic chomping and chewing his way through enemy lines XD.

But you are right about equipping the ring to eat a corpse - doesn't make much sense unlike you are a Green Lantern were you need to equip your ring to do...you know stuff. A granted power would be more useful - call it Namiras Favor, after you kill someone just eat him to get rid of evidence. You know - no body, no 187 hehe, just a stuffed up guy with a belt-bursting belly sitting in a corner trying to get rid of nasty remains in his mouth using a toothpick.

Archived