Tattoos

Ok so far, all tattoos I seen replace the skin. Is there a way where you can have tattoos as a clothing option instead? Perhaps with one of those unused slots were people usually add undergarments and stuff?

I just don't want everyone in skyrim to have the same tattoo.

Generally, the solution to this would be to use a custom race that utilizes its own independent body textures and meshes, then replace the skin texture for said race with the tattooed version. Or, you can try your hand with this mod. It does strange things with the existing vanilla races so it's hard to say just how compatible it might be with certain mods out there. I personally haven't tried it so don't let me discourage you, but the description mentions it creates new races for npcs to use to avert the problem you are trying to get around.

You can achieve equippable tattoos, Though I admit it IS a pain in the ass.

Take a piece of armor you see covers in the way over the body you want the tattoo ( cloth is best, the mesh is small and close to the skin ). Start with a blank alpha dds image ( so now the cloth mesh with the texture is NOTHING, like your not wearing anything, even though the mesh is there you see your body underneath as the armor is "invisible" because of the texture ). Now add to the DDS the tattoo you like and position it where it should be / you like it.  Now add in the " armor " mesh you made as an equipable item that is not using any of the slots you currently have using the CK. TADA! You have an "equipable tattoo".

Again, yup pain in the ass, but doable.

Archived