WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING

lolicatgirls9

For the last five damn hours I have been trying to make a mod. I came across this image:

Supposedly this is part of a resource. Someone on /v/ uploaded the nif for me, and told me I would have to apply the textures and everything else on my own. So I go and download Tona's mod store and use the white knit texture for it, and recolor the collar:

Untitled.png

Looks good, right? So I save that, make a new mod and set it active, drag and drop this, set some stuff, and put it in the game world. I go into the game, pick it up, put it on, and get this shit:

Oblivion2011-10-2820-21-55-40.jpg

I tried a bunch of different things (to put it simply), but... I mean, what the hell is the problem? How could this possibly be happening?

Maybe the better question would be: what mod this blanket is from?

lol, it's a rare resources file from 4.chan called jimson towel, Presumably made by Wolfzq. I already mod it as part of monstergirl:angelicalliance. and made them running on the street & wayshrines npc guardian, With All Seams holes Fixed & corrected.

09-24-2011 attachment: http://www.loverslab.com/attachment.php?aid=1830

10-07-2011 attachment: http://www.loverslab.com/attachment.php?aid=2004

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1768&page=34

Guest ThatOne

Try checking which bones the blanket uses (with nifskope) and making sure the blanket item you made uses the correct item slots.

Stuff that could get in the way would be infinite ring mods, if the blanket uses a ring slot.

I hope this helps,

-ThatOne

It requires Cursed armor.

While Wolfzq didn't include that towel mesh on cursed armor data folder. But he forgotten to remove the slave towel textures inside the wolfzq cursed armor clothing directory.

Alternatively you can get both fixed mesh and it's texture data from my mod. :P saves a lot of times from fixing that seam hole.

It requires Cursed armor.

While Wolfzq didn't include that towel mesh on cursed armor data folder. But he forgotten to remove the slave towel textures inside the wolfzq cursed armor clothing directory.

Alternatively you can get both fixed mesh and it's texture data from my mod. :P saves a lot of times from fixing that seam hole.

Thanks for the help, I'm going to... try this out tomorrow, because I am tired as hell.

You don't "put it on the mesh"...it's an extra texture that sits in the same directory as the original texture. It is basically a black & white (ok, purple & pink) image of the original texture which tells the game engine how light is supposed to be reflected off the original texture. (In other words, a map of light and shadows.) You need Photoshop to create one from the original texture file.

Archived