Importing a character into skyrim sse

Hello!

I have a question: i have 3ds max 2020 and a character model that i would like to import into the game. Well, i only need the head to be fair, possibly to be used with body mods. Are there tutorials on how to do this out there? Because i cannot seem to find one

Ah… I feel you. I once made a similar question but just got ignored.

I wanted to create an armor, but tutorials were made for prehistoric versions of Nifskope/Blender and for what seems to be an old *.nif format.

I just gave up.

Right now I have a hypothesis that I haven't tested, so I can't give you precise pointers, but maybe it could give you some ideas.

Outfit Studio supports OBJ and FBX importing, so you could make your assets, export them as either format and import them there.

Then you can manipulate and export them for Skyrim from Outfit Studio. 

For the armor I think you could follow the standard shape converting procedure (load reference, copy bone weights, conform sliders).

If you don't know how to do that, Sun Jeong made an great video tutorial on how to convert from CBBE to 3BA. Right now I don't have access to the link, but I trust it won't be too hard to find it by yourself. 

For the head I think it would be easier to just import an existing head into Outfit Studio and use the sculpting tools in there to shape it, since as far as I know, heads need *.tri files to be deformed for expresions and such.

How do you generate *.tri files? I don't know, so it's better to be pragmatic and take something that already exists.

Sometime in a hopefully not to far future I will put to test these ideas, since I'm thinking about creating a Hi Poly Head version of Botox for my personal use. 

Thank you for the answer, and sorry for not replieing earlier! I am gonna try this in the next few days.
As to export nifs, i know that on the nexus there's a plugin for 3ds max to do just that, only it's for 3ds max 2018 and i have the 2020. I think they stopped supporting 2018 too, so finding it would be rough.

The reason why i didn't want to sculpt the head by scratch is that the model i would like to import has textures to it as well, and i would have 0 ideas on how to adapt them to the new head